General Chat

The one in HL2 is probably made out of a light metal, like aluminum. Either that or Gordon's HEV suit seriously augments his muscle power.

Probably initially did look like a proper sort of crowbar swing, but dispensed with animatonal realism for weapon usage balance, and just said "screw it, you have to be able to hit this fast" and the weapon design preferred that over realistic movement or weight. It's the same with the baseball bat for the Scout in Team Fortress 2. Have you ever tried swinging a bat like he does, or that fast? How about a solid steel monkey wrench ala the Engineer?

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Franks don't trope to care about.

The one in HL2 is probably made out of a light metal, like aluminum. Either that or Gordon's HEV suit seriously augments his muscle power.

I think Opposing Force took the most realistic approach to melee weapon use in the HL-verse. It even took it to a point where you had two melee weapons: the knife, quick but meh on damage, and the pipe-wrench (I own several of these in honor of Mr. Shepard, haha), which was slow but hit pretty fricking hard.

I miss Metal Slug.

Personally, I don't even use melee weapons in most games (I'm surprisingly good at conserving ammo.) I prefer to throw alien insectozoids and have them crawl up the pants of my enemies and bite them to death.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Swords are overrated. You can only use them properly if you're a jedi, and can throw them at enemies by the force.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I can't imagine the humiliation of being a highly trained military agent and my demise being some MIT nerd smacking me to death with a crowbar...

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Getting knifed in CounterStrike never happens... Like I've never ever had it happen to me or done it to anybody before.

Getting knifed in CounterStrike never happens... Like I've never ever had it happen to me or done it to anybody before.

I'm no good at that game, but I can always sneak in a melee kill when I'm playing with some friends.