General Chat

It's a good thing I'm really not that into sports.

You and me both. I always sort of zone out whenever people talk about sports.

I Remember visiting a Church friend's party (by force from parents), and it was all centered around the grand final footie game, live on TV. Eeegh, the people were so loud, screaming at the top of their lungs at the TV, and I couldn't even make out where the ball was. So I spent 2 hours sitting outside by myself, enjoying the peace and solitude. XD Much preferred that. I was called anti-social for that, but that's alright. X3 I don't give a shit.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Oh yeah, people get rather excessively passionate about sport, especially Football. You don't visit pubs on a Derby night, I'll tell you that. And don't EVER wear blue in a Celtic pub. Ye'll get yer heed smashed in.

Rugby's a much nicer sport.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

A mate showed me what Australian football looks like yesterday. I still haven't changed my mind about not wanting to visit Australia...

XD What's wrong with Australia? What are ya trying to say, mate? :P

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Football isn't that much of a hit from where I live, but mention anything basketball-related or switch to a basketball channel and all hell breaks loose, while i'm in the other room with a guitar or something.

Welp, now what?

It's a good thing I'm really not that into sports.

You and me both. I always sort of zone out whenever people talk about sports.

I Remember visiting a Church friend's party (by force from parents), and it was all centered around the grand final footie game, live on TV. Eeegh, the people were so loud, screaming at the top of their lungs at the TV, and I couldn't even make out where the ball was. So I spent 2 hours sitting outside by myself, enjoying the peace and solitude. XD Much preferred that. I was called anti-social for that, but that's alright. X3 I don't give a shit.

Gotta love how just because you don't associate with a certain culture you get called anti-social.

If I hang out with other gamers, I'm really social. If I hang out with a bunch of sports fans I'm just gonna be miserable.

It's all about finding your crowd.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Gotta love how just because you don't associate with a certain culture you get called anti-social.

If I hang out with other gamers, I'm really social. If I hang out with a bunch of sports fans I'm just gonna be miserable.

It's the same with my most of my classmates.I feel right at home with you guys.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Can't agree more. I don't mix with anyone at my Church... except for the guys I play board games with. It's just two guys who like video and board games. And they're the only ones I can talk to without getting bored or offended. X3 I've had too many people from Church come up to me and hug me and I'm just thinking; "Get the fuck off me." XD But those two other guys? They're like, 25 years old, but they're my only friends from Church. I even went to the cinemas with them - to see that Jurassic World movie. Absolute fun. And all because of the fact that we all play video-games. XD

Forums are pretty much friendship goldmines for me because we all have the same interests. :D

-------

I'm 23, and I've never been able to find a group where I can hang out and not be bored out of my mind. I pretty much have to leave the state to do that.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Can't agree more. I don't mix with anyone at my Church... except for the guys I play board games with. It's just two guys who like video and board games. And they're the only ones I can talk to without getting bored or offended. X3 I've had too many people from Church come up to me and hug me and I'm just thinking; "Get the fuck off me." XD But those two other guys? They're like, 25 years old, but they're my only friends from Church. I even went to the cinemas with them - to see that Jurassic World movie. Absolute fun. And all because of the fact that we all play video-games. XD

Forums are pretty much friendship goldmines for me because we all have the same interests. :D

Yeah, I love this forum. I've met so many friends here.

On sports: I don't understand why watching other people play eachother in a multiplayer game is suppised to be entertaining. These games SUCK, too. They never mix it up and there's no story at all. I'd rather watch people play CoD matchmaking. Better variety, funnier, at least equal story, and less time with fuck all going on. And seriously, hour long matches? No fucking way.

(Hopefully, you all get the comparison.)

EDIT:

WARNING: WEIRDNESS TO FOLLOW.

Okay, so on a drunken lark a while back I tried showering with no light. As in, as near-total darkness as humanly possible. And it was FANTASTIC. And it remained fantastic for weeks while sober. Try it. Play with the temperature, the water pressure, your position... Whatever you change, you will feel so much more when your body has to adjust for the loss of your sight and diminishment of your hearing and smell. It is equal parts pleasure, life hack (experiment, instant wake-ups and sleep aids are easy with effective alternations between hot and cold) and and existential experience. 10/10 will never go back to lighted showers.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I don't think I could do that. For one I have a slight fear of the dark. Nothing bad, like I'm perfectly, 110% fine if I'm in a place I'm comfortable with (room, house, friends house, etc) which extends to a much stronger fear, an actual phobia I have, of deep, dark water. Like my biggest 'logical' fear is drowning in the ocean. As fascinated as I am with the ocean and sea creatures (I really really love the aquarium and any nature/science shows that talk about the ocean and what's in it) I'm absolutely terrified of it as well. XD

While I know it's not the same thing, just imagining being in the shower while it's that dark gives me close to the same feeling as imagining being in the deepest parts of the ocean without light. I think I'll pass. ^_^

Glad it works for you though! But do be safe. Slipping in the shower with no light could lead to dangerous situations. I slipped once and getting up was difficult enough with the pain and that was lit. XD

Bit of a deviation:

I always see a lot of guests viewing these forums and wonder to myself how many of them are new users waiting to happen, how many are old users who are silently keeping track of the place, how many are long time visitors that just never registered, how many are first time/last time, and how many are just search engine bots documenting pages. I don't know why that's so fun to think bout. Maybe cuz I know I'll never get an answer and my imagination can run?

Retired Forum Moderator

I occasionally looked at comments on Ross's uploads for maybe 4 months before I made an account. I'm very glad I decided to take the plunge. I had definitely missed forums. I can also safely say that this place has the highest registration rate I've seen on a forum, but very little saturation. It got busy on the Moon Gaming thread when people basically went "I need to directly tell Ross never to make a Moon Gaming video again".

It's also interesting to see users that only post on the blog threads. They know not to get too immersed in the general section!

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

So... I just (as in today... 11/2/2015) found out that my previous boss (from my first job) was fired (about 3 months ago). The reason I got? Something shady thing with him. I was talking with one of the employees there (everyone was replaced) and the tone of her voice when she was telling me that something shady was going on with him (I too thought the same thing), it sounded like it was something big. So.... it was possible I was working with a con artist. Or a drug dealer or something else.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

On sports: I don't understand why watching other people play eachother in a multiplayer game is suppised to be entertaining. These games SUCK, too. They never mix it up and there's no story at all. I'd rather watch people play CoD matchmaking. Better variety, funnier, at least equal story, and less time with fuck all going on. And seriously, hour long matches? No fucking way.

You should check out this e-sport...

eNFnPlTGwhg

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Uh... I was talking like, actual sports. And how much suck compared to video games, especially to watch.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I occasionally looked at comments on Ross's uploads for maybe 4 months before I made an account. I'm very glad I decided to take the plunge. I had definitely missed forums. I can also safely say that this place has the highest registration rate I've seen on a forum, but very little saturation. It got busy on the Moon Gaming thread when people basically went "I need to directly tell Ross never to make a Moon Gaming video again".

It's also interesting to see users that only post on the blog threads. They know not to get too immersed in the general section!

Yeah, Moon Gaming didn't exactly become popular. I thought it was interesting.