General Chat

I've often thought about getting into the LP and Stream stuff. I have a lot of friends who could help me out as a large portion of the people I know I've met through following streamers/LPers on Twitter and streams but always get that little bit of social anxiety that stops me from fully committing.

this pretty much

i've always wanted to be a speedrunner with a sorta popular twitch channel, i take anxiety meds so it's not too much of an issue

i guess the only issue with me is trying to gain a following on twitch

the name's riley

Never gotten the fascination for streaming... It seems just rather annoying to me. >.> Like, there'd always be the constant fear of messing up mid-stream, or something really weird happening that you didn't want anyone to know about like that time a cat almost literally scratched some girl's eye out during a stream. There's also the need to be talking ALL the time (sounds draining...), no editing, everything is raw. And then you gotta make sure you have a decent internet connection, and depending on how many subscribers you have, you could piss a bunch of people off because you can only stream when they're asleep. I guess it's alright for Q&A sessions, but gaming and stuff? Oof. I would 100% rather recording. And as a viewer, I usually can't make it to streams. And some times the recorded stream is extremely hard to understand, especially if a chat isn't provided in the recorded window. It's also really long, and eh, boring I guess? There's also a bunch of silly other things like technical difficulties, interruptions, the occasional 'you suck' viewer. It feels so pressuring and blagh. >.<

X3 But that's all just my opinion. I know HEAPS of people love streaming. I just don't really understand why. I've weighed the pros and cons and the cons are abundant. XD

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I know HEAPS of people love streaming. I just don't really understand why. I've weighed the pros and cons and the cons are abundant. XD

Couldn't agree more!

The only kind of streaming I can watch is the live news broadcast on TV...

Regards

But somehow AJW's comedic timing, economy on "memespeak" and considerate editing makes it hilarious.

I'll agree that anyone could do videos of the silliest mods on this side of the internet, I'd do one if I had the time. But AJW's style, which I consider minimalistic in terms of commentary, makes it hilarious. He simply lets the mods do the talking (or screaming in some cases) with him sprinkling a bit of his sarcasm in text.

Welp, now what?

I know HEAPS of people love streaming. I just don't really understand why. I've weighed the pros and cons and the cons are abundant. XD

Couldn't agree more!

The only kind of streaming I can watch is the live news broadcast on TV...

+1

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm probably not interesting enough to try streaming myself. The only streams I watch are Ross' streams (of course), HelixSnake's and very old Yogscast streams.

Speaking of YouTubers, here are some of my subscriptions:

12Medbe

A Jolly Wanker

Antoine Delak

ashens

BenBuja

CinemaSins

Cinemassacre

CombineOverWiki

danooct1

DasBoSchitt

Eddsworld

GeekenDorx

HelixSnake

I Hate Everything

Jaboody Dubs

jettan

Jim Sterling

jsXanatos

Lazy Game Reviews

PushingUpRoses

quadrazid

I much prefer reviewing channels like LGR and Accursed Farms, and for me in order to gain any kind of enjoyment from a playthrough-style channel it's absolutely vital that I like the personality and/or humour of the individual running it. I never watch live streaming "live" so to speak, only after it's been uploaded afterwards.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I never liked to watch live streaming "live" mainly because my net here wouldn't handle it. The 1st time I went to one of Ross's live videochats, I'd keep lagging in intervals, 10 seconds at best. The longest lag time I got was 5 minutes. Another reason was time. In the case of the videochats, 4pm EST is around 4am from where I am, which is why I appreciate the idea of being able to leave questions in the replies in Ross's videochat announcement thread.

I've never completed a playthrough at all. For playthroughs that are segmented into parts like with Game Grumps, i'd usually watch 5-10 episodes depending on the game, or if i'm interested in what Arin, Danny, Jon, Ross etc. were talking about.

Welp, now what?

I'm constantly watching a stream or an LP. It's kind of become my substitute to TV since nothing on TV besides Archer and GoT really interest me. I also like talking to the people in chat and sometimes the Streamer will jump in to conversations while playing the game which is also really fun.

I'm constantly watching a stream or an LP. It's kind of become my substitute to TV since nothing on TV besides Archer and GoT really interest me. I also like talking to the people in chat and sometimes the Streamer will jump in to conversations while playing the game which is also really fun.

I'm with you here, about the benefits of Youtube over shitty television listings.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

So how's everyone been? :D

I've been kinda busy lately... lot of school work, and I'm doing a lot of smaller fun things to keep stress-levels down. X3 I just want July to roll around already!!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Doing great, LPing Pokemon LeafGreen Nuzlocke, still working on the first episode (editing stage). I have halve of the 2nd episode recorded. I was inspired by TFS to give LPing another try (and starting with PLGN)

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I've been doing alright, nothing really new going on in my life.

Also I've been thinking, does Accursed Farms have a Discord server yet? It'd kinda be cool to set one up for the forum community and to use it to play games or whatever together.

I'm trying to do okay. Got a fuckton of stuff to think and do.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

@ Jeb: How nice of you to ask :3

Work has been a bit of a ball-ache, what with all the refitting and general shifting around of shelves and stock that has been going on this month, but my resolution this year was to stop complaining about my job so much. Other than that, I've discovered a lot of excellent music, books and art recently - so I'm pretty good!

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I've been good... Got a new SSD, and I think I've installed just about everything I really use on a regular basis. Everything else is already copied over for a backup, so I should be fine with wiping the old drive and installing Linux on it. (I hope, there's no going back from it) Planning on doing that tomorrow.

Got taken halfway across 'Merica for a week because my stepdad wanted to bring everyone with him on a business trip. Got to hang out with my stepsister. Hmmm.... not doing as much as I'd like since school ended, nor as much as I did before that week escapade.

Anyways, because I missed out on that youtube subs talk with everyone... how so many subs? Why? Clear 'em out already.

Watching list in spoilers.

People I watch on a semi consistent basis, most consistent at top:

Day9

Jesse Cox

Dodger

Totalbiscuit (mainly his sunday stuff/boardgames with friends.)

People I check on for content that may be interesting:

Quill18

CinemaSins

Seananners

RoosterTeeth and their affiliated channels

Hybrid librarian

Plus other stuff I might be forgetting. Accused farms was left out intentionally, because we all know why we're here.

I'm curious. Given that a lot of you are talking (predominantly complaining ;p) about school and parents, what's the sort of age range of users here? I'm 28 and whenever I go on the internet I feel like an old man.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I'm 29, and I'm not old for another year... The average age of active users on the forum is 16-17 though IIRC.

25 here. Though I don't feel much different than I did when I turned 18. Only my memory retention is a little less (probably due to years of sleep loss) and I'm not as naive and, frankly, stupid as I was back then either.

Retired Forum Moderator