General Chat

My WPM on this laptop is 73, I think It's higher on my desktop. Also, 17, going to be grown up sooner or later, like a month or two. I suspected your WPM was 134. You posted just before I guessed >.< Was gonna go back and check the general length of your posts.

Heheh. Sorry. :P I'm too quick. I typed too fast. XD But hey, fellow 17 year old! :D Keen to be 18? XP You'll be able to call yourself an adult.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Actually... I don't think much about the future, I've an idea where I want to go, but it isn't set in stone. Being an adult? Hmmm. I suppose it'll be cool, won't get treated like a non-adult, for what it's worth. Although, entering a larger part of the population group I suppose I should be lookout for those who would confuse me for a dolt. (insert tongue in cheek emoticon)

And because this is the general thread... Does nobody find it weird that the field of dentistry still feels like the stone age? I'm probably just ignorant of the topic but... really. Besides implants/bleaching I can't think of anything that's very new.

Dentistry's would feel like a stone age if there's no anaesthesia. Well, there's root canal treatment, and while i'm told I should have it done with my molars. I'm more scared of a root canal treatment than I am with dying.

Welp, now what?

I'm more scared of getting my wisdom teeth pulled than dying...

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Both of which were extremely uneventful for me. :P Root Canals are more boring than anything(like 2-4 hours sitting there with a face you can't feel) and for wisdom teeth just request to be knocked out.

Retired Forum Moderator

XD No. But I wish! 120. I don't actually know if that's decent or not though. I would have thought the more avid computer-user would be able to type faster

I was building games and programs to do my math homework for me when my typing was 'pointer finger hunt-and-peck' at maybe 10 WPM... Playing World of Warcraft got my typing speed up to 42ish, but I never could type anything without seeing the keyboard. (I absolutely can't type like they teach in a typing class, I use any finger to press any key on any area of the keyboard, but can't type "asdf" without seeing the keys I'm supposed to be hitting; the keys don't have to be labeled, they just have to be visible)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Thank you answering my age range question guys, I apologize for taking an age to reply. I'm surprised that most of you seem to be closer to my age range (early to mid twenties) and pleased to see that BTG is way older than I am... ;p

New question!

What speed do you guys type at? WPM.

I've never actually checked, until now that is. Using some online test I've apparently "184 CPM (that is 37 WPM) Your score beats or equals 48.67% of all." I do actually have to look at the keyboard whilst typing, admittedly. I'm probably not as shit hot at it as most folks.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

The websites that read those are not that reliable for me because I type much MUCH faster when I'm not trying to read and type what I'm reading at the same time. Though the site I just tried said 54 WPM. That was with erasing and retyping mistakes as well as stuttering because of said mistakes. The fastest I was able to get was about 64.

Retired Forum Moderator

^ It didn't strike me as a particularly legit way of checking my typing speed, but I've never even thought about it until now.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Any of you guys, have one of those work days, where you come in, and have literally nothing to do for the majority of your day, because you finished all your tasks real quickly? Cause I'm dealing with that right now. I come in today (which is supposed to be my day off, but I swapped with someone else, so yesterday was my day off), and my main objective, my main task is to tag the clothing. Tag them as drycleaning, or laundry (there is a system to make things easier, so I don't have to guess which is which). I'm also the cashier. So, when I'm not helping customers, I'm tagging. I came in at 3, started around 3:30, and finished at 4... I get off at 8.... As I'm typing this, it's 4:30. Good thing I have my PSP...

I think spending a few years to make an alternate reality website that looks like it's from about 2001 with pages spanning back through the Nineties, with information and fake-but-playable ROMs for games that weren't released—like Dinosaur Planet—or betas of games that were, but all presented as though those were what shipped, with a blog on the side is a good use of time. It starts off just like reality but. . .a little off, enough that those uneducated enough in 21st century American history wouldn't catch on. 9/11 would still happen, since that day basically defines the whole year, but there might be mentions of a couple formerly famous people, those who reached their height in the 1970s for example, dying on the planes. Then, as you dive deeper and deeper into the archives, you find some bigger diversions, but still subtle enough to make you wonder if it's a conspiracy website or you're just going crazy, with enough detail and faked photos to potentially convince someone. Then, once you reach about 1995 or so, things just take a left turn. Hell, alternate reality websites in general are really cool.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

I'm more scared of getting my wisdom teeth pulled than dying...
Both of which were extremely uneventful for me.

[Reverse Hollowing]

the name's riley

Does anyone play any older(obscure ones are optional) games?

I've been playing Nox again for some time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nox_%28video_game%29

Nox is really good, I always got the impression that Westwood was trying to compete directly with Blizzard by with C&C and Nox.

I've played some very obscure games like Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader and Sacrifice.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Does anyone play any older(obscure ones are optional) games?

Yes.

Silpheed (DOS vertical scrolling shooter)

Great Naval Battles series (DOS strategy games)

U.S.S. Ticonderoga (DOS RTS game)

Elfland (DOS platformer)

F-14 Tomcat (DOS combat flight sim)

Stellar 7 (DOS futuristic hovertank sim)

Spacebats (DOS vertical scrolling shooter)

And many more...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Doom and Quake currently. I also had gotten back into Black and White last year, sadly there will never be a Black and White 3. I also replayed the first three Harry Potter games (PC version) last year.

I'm not really bothered about no Black and White 3 but I do wish GoG could get the rights to do something with the first game. My game doesn't work properly without cracking my already legal disk copy so that's exceedingly annoying.

Retired Forum Moderator

I play Leisure Suit Larry, Tyrian, The Sims 1 and, more recently, Doom. I wanna expand my older games some more, but free time keeps getting shorter for me.

EDIT: Looks like I got a chance to expand my games after all. I managed to get Duke Nukem 3D for Mac. Courtesy of GOG

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Welp, now what?