General Chat

- Types out a generic reply.

- Afraid it's offensive or nobody cares.

- Fucks off.

I'd add "erases reply and fucks off" in my case.

Welp, now what?

Did I just accidentally make a short lived meme? Short meme. Mini. Mini Meme.

Don't worry I'll see myself out.

So I think I've identified my favorite type of Youtube comment. And I don't mean this sarcastically I actually mean I love seeing these types of comments: When someone types out a response where every other word has a mixed letter typo, and then they reply to themselves to correct only one word.

Retired Forum Moderator

Did I just accidentally make a short lived meme? Short meme. Mini. Mini Meme.

You called?

MV5BMjEzNTM5MDc1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTM5MTA3._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Afraid it's offensive

I'm pretty sure at one point on this forum I said to never be afraid to offend someone, and I still stand by that. In my experience people who are easy to offend are often the worst people I've ever met.

Afraid it's offensive

I'm pretty sure at one point on this forum I said to never be afraid to offend someone, and I still stand by that. In my experience people who are easy to offend are often the worst people I've ever met.

I pretty much agree with this. I'm the biggest liberal pro-everything fanny you're ever likely to meet, but even I have enough self-awareness to realize that many on the left-hand spectrum of politics and ideology can be excruciatingly oversensitive. Leftist critique was a much rigorous and robust field in it's mainstream and everyday tenements, but this willingness to be self-critical and rhetorically expansive has suffered in the last twenty years thanks to the fretful self-policing of neoliberalism. I never want to offend anyone, and in fact I'll often try to word things in order to make others feel included and able to offer congenial rebuttal to my opinions. But I won't compromise my own beliefs or shut myself off from new and tangential ideas in order to avoid sacrificing the sacred cows of a giant baby.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I mean, it all depends. On the internet, talking to people I only talk to once in a while, I try to stay as less offensive as possible. Just for the sakes of making a good impression, and also here, I'm a moderator so I really don't wanna say shit. XD

But if you see me how I am with the people I really know, lol... :P The amount of shit that comes out of my mouth is just... wonderful. But I mean everything in a funny light-hearted way, cause I'd never say something harsh to a good mate of mine, and they know that. Which is why I'm more comfortable to say anything to them. I also find it much easier to be this way around males than females - cause females take everything too seriously. XD But males, oh boy. I could tell some guy to fuck off and he can say it back, and we'd know we don't mean anything by it. :)

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I admit I found some sample serum & moisturizer sachets and put them on...

Will my face be more beautiful tomorrow?

Also, it's thundering and lightning outside. Too bad it's not raining. :(

------------------

To carry on with the above conversation, I relate with K4_kydure & selfsurprise. I'm also a respectful to strangers and common folk, but can be playfully rude and give shit to my mates too. It all just rolls off our backs cuz we know we're just joking around.

I think people who play the victim all the time and find offence in every miniscule little thing are winging wusses that need to harden the fuck up. :)

@Jeb_CC I've got a nexus 5 too!

@Woah_G: I wish that stuff worked that way. ;-;

But hey! Nexus 5 buddies! XP Though it's slowly breaking on me and I really need a new phone. :( I wanna get a nexus 6P.

@KittyCat: Why were you headbanging? XD

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I headbanged too much and now my glasses broke! I only have one lens now, so I can see half-clearly and half-blurry. Really strange, kinda trippy.

When I initially read this I thought you're headbanging to some heavy metal and then I realized that probably wouldn't have resulted in you breaking your glasses.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Maybe he works at retail and realizes just how stupid and/or entitled people can be...

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I think people who play the victim all the time and find offence in every miniscule little thing are winging wusses that need to harden the fuck up.

I think it's marginally rarer to come across somebody who is vocally offended by everything in real everyday life than it is on the internet - a place by which, thanks to it's nature as a medium for communication, too often lacks the subtlety for or even requires the nuances of conversation that one is subject to in talking to actual people. I don't even want people to stop being sensitive to others comments or opinions, civility works both ways and no one individual is more responsible than the other in these matters. I'm simply suspicious of anyone whose claim to interest is by having one apparent emotional state or mode of engagement, constantly and without deviation. No matter how left-wing/right-wing/optimistic/pessimistic/ignorant/intelligent/indifferent/trve kvlt black metal you are, nobody can really be that one dimensional all the time.

Maybe he works at retail...

icon_lol.gif Sorry, had to highlight this...

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

It was actually Heavy Metal headbanging, but it's alright now, as it turned out it was just a screw that got loose.

Yes, I had a screw loose.

It could've been worse. You might of been inappropriately headbanging to William Basinski... :P

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

So how is everyone lately? I've been slowly piecing everything of mine back together. So, sorry for my absence on the forum this past month. I really need to get back into my usual habits, it's just a little difficult. I've got a big painful dose of Accute Stress Disorder apparently which would explain a fuckton. It's kinda terrible and if I don't sort that out, that could actually turn into PTSD... Sooooo... Don't mind any random disappearances of mine.

I hope everyone else's month has been alright though.

-------

Well if my actions lately on these forums are any indication I'm a bipolar sociopath that's slowly losing his grip on reality. I fucking hate myself sometimes. :roll:

I hope things get better for you Jeb.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Things get shitty for me as well and i'm already questioning my own sanity.I already feel like an asshole.

And like Helio said,please get better,Jeb.

If you need support,we're here for you.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

^ Not that I'd question anybody's potential medical and therapy history here, but I think you lot are being rather hard on yourselves. I know replying in-kind to the digital equivalent of prosthetic presence is completely different to actually meeting or knowing someone in real life, but the last three people to post here have never struck me as being "assholes" or hateful individuals in the slightest. Being of a slightly pessimistic bent I won't try to offer you any irritating consolation or unhelpful recommendations to cheer up, because I know how utterly despondent false feel-good vibes can make me feel. All I can offer is that for all of your self-professed failings and weaknesses, I happen to like you and everyone else on the forum.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I think you're mistaking my case to be similar to theirs. They hate themselves, whilst I merely want my head to go back to normal so I can get on with my life. That's all.

-------