General Chat

Been in Taiwan for the last 10 days to attend a conference. It has been a wonderful journey and today I was supposed to go back to Mongolia. But sadly, I missed my flight and am sleeping at the airport broke as fuck.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

They hate themselves, whilst I merely want my head to go back to normal so I can get on with my life.

That post wasn't exactly meant to be take literally Jeb :D . When I said I fucking hate myself sometimes it was more of moderate annoyance at best with how I was acting. But I have a tendency to exaggerate when I'm annoyed. I probably should probably shouldn't bee joking around seeing as your dealing with actual serious disorders whereas I'm not. I'm mean my posts don't actually reflect my mental health I was just being childish. Anyway I wish the best of luck to you.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

That post wasn't exactly meant to be take literally Jeb :D . When I said I fucking hate myself sometimes it was more of moderate annoyance at best with how I was acting. But I have a tendency to exaggerate when I'm annoyed. I probably should probably shouldn't bee joking around seeing as your dealing with actual serious disorders whereas I'm not. I'm mean my posts don't actually reflect my mental health I was just being childish. Anyway I wish the best of luck to you.

My apologies. I seem to be taking everything so literally lately... Eesh. My bad. I think people should ignore whatever slips out of my mouth. And I apologize for anything else I've said to you before that was overly harsh. For some reason the younger you are, the easier it is to become snappy when you have ASD. It's odd. Kinda makes sense? Kinda not? But I don't even realize how rude I was until I look back at it more closely. :S

But thank you.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Has anyone played any Doom wads?

Custom ones?

...Just Brutal Doom. Haven't played anything else (not counting regular Doom wads) XD

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

i've played hdoom

quality stuff that is

the name's riley

Has anyone played any Doom wads?

Nope, I lost interest in Doom around episode 3. The game wasn't hard enough and I didn't find the congealed mass of space marines, cyberdemons and heavy metal to be all that compelling to continue playing either. In terms of artistic cohesion Doom feels like someone smashing their toys together. I've since moved on to Quake I on Nightmare difficulty and haven't looked back since. I very much appreciate Quake I's Gothic aesthetic and ambient noise. Quake I feels so much more tense to play than Doom and I've found myself taking a break occasionally because it is that intense. Speaking of which I really should get back to it.

In terms of the wads I've seen I guess that abandoned Ghostbusters one looks pretty nifty though I haven't played it.

I've only played Project Brutality. It's like Brutal Doom in overdrive.

I've been meaning to try out those wads A Jolly Wanker played like frickin hdoom or ROOM.

Welp, now what?

I didn't. I adore the first one and have had plans put on hold because it'd be playing on tv lol.

Retired Forum Moderator

Guardians of the Galaxy is the only movie from Marvel Studios I can say I legitimately enjoyed. All their other films up until Guardians of the Galaxy then have been safe, boring, dull, crap. Guardians of the Galaxy didn't feel like it was designed by committee unlike all of Marvel Studios's other movies.

I swear to god, if Marvel screws up Guardians of the Galaxy 2 I'm gonna be pissed.

Man, I've been really missing out by ignoring things outside of the Serious discussion forum >.<

Alright, feels to the people who are feeling jacked up, I've been there and I know how it is.

To Selfsurprise and helio, nice profile pics. I like them.

As to offending other people on the internet (GASP!)..... I think it's a bit unpractical at times to not offend people. Plus, the percent of communication that's nonverbal is about 90 percent, so dw about it, we can just talk it out if somebody is tripping. Although coincidentally that's also why I don't like talking/posting much on forums and just kind of lurk instead, it's difficult to convey my thoughts in an amiable way over pure text, and I'm kinda driven to make others feel better to an extent. So I guess it's safe to say we're all in the same boat here, unless you're an ubermensch and the perfect internet lifeform- come here to end my folly.

I just finished season 5 of Star Trek TNG. I'm 10 episodes away form DS9 and I'm really looking forward to it.

I just finished season 5 of Star Trek TNG. I'm 10 episodes away form DS9 and I'm really looking forward to it.

You're in for a treat, DS9 is my personal favourite of the Star Trek iterations. It seems to have a broader narrative scope than most of the other series, the alien characters are treated more like individuals rather than just set-dressing in order to contrast humans and nonhumans, that and not everyone in it is a Federation goody-two-shoes which makes for more interesting relationships and character dynamics. Theres plenty of thought provoking sci-fi tropes and anomalies for the cast to contend with, but I reckon the real meat of the show is in the politics and social conflict that underpin so many of the stories. It's a very ambitious show in that regard.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

There's no denying the impact us Bronies had/have on MLP, and popular culture in general. Like the show or not, doesn't matter. Let me ask you this: When this generation of MLP is over (whither it be now, seeing as season 6's over, season 7, or whatever), and Hasbro has that unavoidable itch to reboot the series again, do you think they'll go back to the "we got to sell the toys!" and/or the "it's only for little girls" mentality, or do you think our impact will last past FIM?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

There's no denying the impact us Bronies had/have on MLP, and popular culture in general. Like the show or not, doesn't matter. Let me ask you this: When this generation of MLP is over (whither it be now, seeing as season 6's over, season 7, or whatever), and Hasbro has that unavoidable itch to reboot the series again, do you think they'll go back to the "we got to sell the toys!" and/or the "it's only for little girls" mentality, or do you think our impact will last past FIM?

There's a thread for this.

the name's riley