General Chat

No, too stupid. I was instilled with the OCDs of an English professor at a young age, and it irks me when the meaning of established words are changed to mean the same as another established word, all for the purpose of sounding "cool". (I know, a bit hypocritical of me to use slang terminology from pre-80's without dislike, and loathe anything newer, but that's just how it goes) I didn't have any problem when they came up with the word "bling" simply because it was never a word previously, and because there was no other word that accurately described what it did. (expensive, ostentatious clothing and jewelry, or the wearing of them)

If the word is appropriating the meaning of another word for no reason other than to "sound cool", it doesn't deserve to be used or accepted.

fC151S7DBsY

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

^ +100,000,000,000,000,000

This man speaks words of wisdom.

the name's riley

^ +100,000,000,000,000,000

This man speaks words of wisdom.

Everything Ed says is words of wisdom. Case in point:

Q-YjbEg6bL0

When I'm writing, be it texting or IM or on the forum, I NEVER do slang shit unless I'm joking around (lol ur trash m8 i fuk ur shit up). I feel like bastardizing English simply for your convenience is idiotic. I tend to not use too much slang when it falls in the category of what Bullseye described. Words like Dude, Bro, etc. Go in there, and I might let loose one of those ironic compliments like "Sick" or "Wicked," but for the most part, I like to pride myself in being articulate and well-spoken.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

So, why is some of the text here in red? Like "General Chat"? Also, is it me or is the logo at top scrunched up?

Also, is it me or is the logo at top scrunched up?

I noticed that, too. Glad to know it's not just on my end.

I believe the red text is to show you what you've already clicked on, if I'm not mistaken.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

So I'm currently trying to think of good courses to take that will help me actually be able to express my artistic vision. Like animation and art. For the most part, it's about me learning to use the software properly and efficiently, and I feel like I learn best in a classroom setting, where there's hands on experience with the guidance of someone who knows what the fuck they're doing, because when I try to self teach shit, I just end up getting pissed and leaving the whole thing forever.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Yeah... well you must learn to not give up too fast. It takes time, practice takes time, on everything. And well, I guess everyone is doing better having someone beside.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

That's always been my biggest problem. I'm pretty uncommitted. I haven't touched the story I'm writing in weeks just because it doesn't interest me.

then dont. Start over, it helps me tho. Never stops :)

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Wait... There are only 12 posts in this thread since I last posted in October? WTF?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.