General Chat

Are you manually editing/changing your text color every time you post, or is it a new mod thing?

lol, what do you think?

Quick question, what happened to Alexx? It looks like she has not been on here for some time. In fact, I haven't seen any mods since I came back.

What a coincidence.

Fear not, Alyxx has returned!

Why is it that when ever I ask where a user that has been gone for some time they come back within the week?

non-euclidean fuck machine

Why is it that when ever I ask where a user that has been gone for some time they come back within the week?

I dunno. Say something about Blighty, he's been gone for a year now.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

I'm trying to remember who he is, with all the name changes that happened way back and with my long absence I have forgotten who is who. Yet

I do hope that him or any lost user returns.

non-euclidean fuck machine

Sorry to interrupt, but I've got a question. :)

I don't know in which topics should I asked it, I figured that a lot of people come here, so someone might wanna explain me something.

It's about Freeman's Mind and something that Freeman said in second episode (I know, ancient history).

When he discovered that someone had changed his stuff in his locker, he said:

"It's like everything's backwards,

and I'm not even left-handed."

I was wondering what does it mean?

I'm not from England or USA or whatever and i can't find explanation in internet.

Anyone?

I think that means if you're left-handed, stuff like scissors and....actually scissors are the only thing I can think of at the moment, but a lot of things are made for right-handed people, so left-handed people have to use it backwards.

Though maybe I misunderstand. I don't good at idioms.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I'm trying to remember who he is, with all the name changes that happened way back and with my long absence I have forgotten who is who. Yet

I do hope that him or any lost user returns.

He was the Rarity of the MLP group.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Sorry to interrupt, but I've got a question. :)

I don't know in which topics should I asked it, I figured that a lot of people come here, so someone might wanna explain me something.

It's about Freeman's Mind and something that Freeman said in second episode (I know, ancient history).

When he discovered that someone had changed his stuff in his locker, he said:

"It's like everything's backwards,

and I'm not even left-handed."

I was wondering what does it mean?

I'm not from England or USA or whatever and i can't find explanation in internet.

Anyone?

The question might have been suitable for the Freeman's Mind forum.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

We need a new subject... How about this one: The explosive potential in the batteries of a laptop... Mine can be made to be the equivalent of a standard hand grenade... What about you? Any Li-ion batteries around you?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The power supply unit in my mother's old computer exploded.

This was living in the old apartment which hadn't seen an electrician in years....fuses kept shorting out and the landlord was "just put in bigger ones." I'm surprised it didn't burn down from an electrical fire yet.

One time we had a lightning storm and i didn't have a power surge protector bar yet and my old computer broke. The RAM literally turned brown. i got a better computer though (the one I'm using now) so it wasn't too bad.

Nice... I've fried quite a few computers, but never managed to get the RAM to fry...

I stopped working with hardware a few years ago when i almost electrocuted myself. Im clumsy and touched the wrong part. The shock went right through my hand and my hand was numb for a few hours. That could've been dangerous! Anyways after that i stopped. My coordination just isnt good enough and my fingers are too short and thick.

Weirdly enough, the computer survived though. I used to buy old crapped up computers for cheap, clean them up and install some Linux distro, and sell them at a small profit.

Ah, I used to get old junk parts and put them together in random ways... Never had one that didn't work within 2 days...

That electrocution sounds like you touched a capacitor, and unless your were inside the monitor or PSU, it can't kill you. (not enough amps) It'll hurt like hell though... (I used to use one with a AA battery as a mini-taser)

Yeah that's an impressive feat O.o

I'm in IT, and I've done a lot of stupid shit during repairs. Among them: Not grounding myself while removing the charge from an old CRT (one of the ones that still had the switch for eye-strain reduction) and I got shocked. Good thing I always have someone on duty just in case things go horribly wrong.

That's why I now use a screwdriver held to another screwdriver with some heavy-gauge wire. I buddy of mine gave me the idea.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

On another note why do people think it a good idea to yell at someone for not understanding something right away

That is NOT going to help them and probably just make them feel like shit

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? THAT MAKES ABOUT AS MUCH SENSE AS ASKING A QUESTION!!!

(I know, this isn't the random thread...)