General Chat

I had a banana milkshake. Bet Freeman would be jealous.

On the other hand I'm jealous of his amazing conception of aliens...

YAY! I slept for 5 uninterrupted hours! (the longest I've had in 5 days)

Finally found where the bug that was crashing my mod came from... It was with the addition of the laser anti-missile system into the aircraft; it didn't like me making a new weapon to use with it, it only likes the one specific one that was designed for the other general. Too bad though, that means I have to do something else to try and balance the aircraft now. (I was going to make it about 50% effective instead of it's current 95%)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Just recently got a last.fm account. Add me here if anyone's interested.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

If this quarter has taught me anything about psychology, it's that the history of psychology is so fucking disturbing it almost seem unreal. I almost can't tell who was actually the insane ones anymore, the patients or the doctors.

Thank GOD I was born in the late 90's.

Retired Forum Moderator

If this quarter has taught me anything about psychology, it's that the history of psychology is so fucking disturbing it almost seem unreal. I almost can't tell who was actually the insane ones anymore, the patients or the doctors.

Thank GOD I was born in the late 90's.

I was born in 87, and I'm insane enough to not care.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

So I'm currently sitting in a diner right now waiting to eat. There's a uniformed member of the Air Force here with his wife and daughter. When looking for a table me and my dad noticed another guy sitting at a table 2 away from the little girl very obviously eyeing her. Now I've gotten 1 hour of sleep in the past 3 days. On top of this I'm stuck 2 hours away from home, I'm feeling sick and haven't even eaten yet. To say I'm in a foul mood would be a laughable understatement. Without even saying anything to each other we take he table in between the 2 and now I am typing this out on my phone while waiting for my food and taking every chance to give him the scummiest look possible whenever he thinks he's gonna get away with glancing past me at that little girl.

Ugh.

Retired Forum Moderator

I don't understand why whenever something big happens the news will cover it over and over and over until everyone is sick of hearing about it. It's very annoying.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I don't understand why whenever something big happens the news will cover it over and over and over until everyone is sick of hearing about it. It's very annoying.

HEY DID YOU HEAR DONALD STERLING IS A RACIST?!?!?!

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

OR THAT PRISONER SWAP WITH THE TALIBAN?!? OR THAT ISIS ADVANCE TOWARD BAGDAD? OR THE RECENT SHOOTINGS?! :o:roll:

Alright, in all due seriousness, why is it that many large, popular YouTube personalities are almost universally hated everywhere outside their fanbase?

OR THAT PRISONER SWAP WITH THE TALIBAN?!? OR THAT ISIS ADVANCE TOWARD BAGDAD? OR THE RECENT SHOOTINGS?! :o:roll:

Alright, in all due seriousness, why is it that many large, popular YouTube personalities are almost universally hated everywhere outside their fanbase?

inb4 cauz ppl r jellous dat dey git payd.

In all seriousness though, the ones I hate, I just find to be very annoying, and are overreacting just to overreact.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

inb4 cauz ppl r jellous dat dey git payd.

In all seriousness though, the ones I hate, I just find to be very annoying, and are overreacting just to overreact.

Hmmm, but what about the others? Just jealousy? I can understand if someone doesn't like Pewdie because he might be "acting it out" or "faking it", but then there's outright HATE (might be just trolling for trolling's sake, though).

Well, I can't speak for everyone. However, I can see the minority hating because they're jealous.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

The power went out a bit. Then later it came back on and then went off again and then my mother asked me to go outside to check something so I did and a tree branch blew down and hit me in the head but it wasn't that heavy so I'm okay. I'm a little nervous though. The power's back on though.

My friend leant me an ancient Compaq a little while ago. The thing is slow, clumsy, has a terrible response time and can't handle complex tasks. At first I thought it was just a terrible computer, but today it fried. It bluescreened and filled the room with the smell of burning silicone. So I unplugged it, took it downstairs and set it on my desk to use as a mousepad. Then I noticed it making noise and vibrating, so I opened it up, and it started right back up good as new, STILL smelling like burnt silicone. And then I realized my earlier assessment had been inaccurate. It isn't slow and clumsy, with a terrible response time and inability to handle complex tasks because it's a terrible computer. It's slow and clumsy, with a terrible response time and inability to handle complex tasks because it's a FUCKING ZOMBIE. I'm not sure whether to keep using it, or take it outside and blast it with a shotgun for the safety of my other hardware.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I'd turn it off, open it up and look inside to see if you can figure out exactly what burned.

I'd turn it off, open it up and look inside to see if you can figure out exactly what burned.

No, no. It was refreshingly direct during startup. The video card burned out. Its CPU apparently comes with onboard video as well, as a backup, so this isn't that surprising.

Also, it's a laptop. Opening it up is ill-advised.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.