General Chat

Have you tried verifying and defragging, along with uninstalling and reinstalling? How about rebooting?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Verifying should do just fine, for some reason your decals.wad file is missing or corrupt and needs to be replaced. In fact, you could google a replacement decals.wad file for blue shift, but it has to be for that game specifically.

the name's riley

The file is likely missing for some reason. Verify the game cache (right click > game properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache). It'll redownload the file.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Have you tried verifying and defragging, along with uninstalling and reinstalling? How about rebooting?

I tried reebooting, doin't know what it means to defrag, and I don't know how to uninstall Steam games, but I will try verifying. Thanks guys. :)

The file is likely missing for some reason. Verify the game cache (right click > game properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache). It'll redownload the file.

EDIT: I hit properties, nothing about "local files" or "verify integrity" came up.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Defragging the hard drive - normally, files end up in lots of little pieces all over the drive. Defragging puts the pieces back together and can sometimes make things run a bit smoother. You get there by right-clicking the hard drive in Computer, clicking Properties, and then the Tools tab in there. It takes a bit of time so it's a good idea to run it overnight.

To uninstall a Steam game, you simply delete the local files (the button's under Local Files) and tell Steam to re-download it. Copy any save-games to a different place if you want to make sure they don't disappear.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

EDIT: I hit properties, nothing about "local files" or "verify integrity" came up.

fTN2z9Y.png

qgjPDHb.png

*Cue the sounds of me hitting my head against a wall for missing something in plain sight for the upteenth time.*

Alright, it worked, but now it won't let me play until HL updates. Problem is, when it tries to update, it says an error occurred (and tells me it's due to no internet connection, even when my computer tells me I have an internet connection).

Restart computer/router? If that doesn't work, there's settings in Steam to change your download location and that might work!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

This just in: I just spent $150 to buy a very high-end 75mw 405nm laser... It'll be here in 1-3 weeks. I'll try to post pictures when I get it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Go to View > Settings and try changing this:

Did that, now the "decals.wad" file is acting up again, and verifying the game files didn't help this time. Going to uninstall-reinstall, and if that doesn't work, I'll defrag it.

If that doesn't work, do you have any other suggestions?

EDIT: Uninstalling and reinstalling didn;t work, and now my parents won't let me on the computer (Steam runs on a separate computer). Fuck.... :x

This just in: I just spent $150 to buy a very high-end 75mw 405nm laser... It'll be here in 1-3 weeks. I'll try to post pictures when I get it.

LASER - CAUTION - LASER - CAUTION - LASER - CAUTION - LASER...

WHAT COULD IT MEAN!?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I added a new forum game. Been a while since I've done that. Hopefully this one doesn't die within the week, my track record is awful there.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I seem to have a pattern where every other new thread I create fails.

Have fun trying to find a song when the only lyric you can remember is "nah nah nah" :shock:

Batman!