General Chat

Yeah fixing gif's weren't hard for me. It's just a matter of going frame by frame to patch up little things. Something in the resaving of it messed up. I could try again later but right now I'm playing around with CryEngine's landscape editor. That thing is so fun.

Retired Forum Moderator

I should get that UE4 license from my university while I'm there.

You so should. :P

I've been wanting to try out UE4 for a while now, see how much it's changed from UDK. I've seen the screenshots of the layout but that's not gonna tell me how well it works as an engine.

Retired Forum Moderator

There, I finally did the thing and now I have a video. Now just to figure out a good compression ratio and put it up online because it's 300MB and 480p and barely over 5 minutes.

Me and my friend are making a comic. I'm writing the words and she's drawing it. It's fun. I hope the comic turns out good.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

There, it's crap, but at least it's done. Now I can be almost like Ross except not famous and without money or beans and not even remotely good compared to him, but this is mostly a test episode anyway to get my feet wet.

Dropbox Error 509; "This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

I'm not even sure what the link is supposed to be but just wanted to point it out. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

There, it's crap, but at least it's done. Now I can be almost like Ross except not famous and without money or beans and not even remotely good compared to him, but this is mostly a test episode anyway to get my feet wet.

Dropbox Error 509; "This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

I'm not even sure what the link is supposed to be but just wanted to point it out. X3

Try it again, I think it's because there's a lot of lurkers that're looking at it.

EDIT: Huh. Uh... shit. What do I do with this.

I'd suggest throwing it up on a more dedicated file-hosting website. I haven't any suggestions for the time being though.

New link, thanks to Mediafire. There's a bit of missing audio and bad balance because I recorded one line when I was actually really sick (and I still am) with a shitty mic.

EDIT: The sodden silence means that everybody hated it. Hooray! I'm a failure! [/overjoy] Ah, screw it.

Ok, so I just tested plugging my headset into my phone, and it records voice quite nicely, no distortion, no static... I'll have to check the file quality to see if it's a decent recorder though.

Review of your review: First, record your voice at a much higher quality. Second, don't compress the audio afterwards. 3rd, add pauses in between your audio cuts, as rolling from one sentence into another with less pause than you put between words in the same sentence just feels wrong. 4th, don't compress the audio after merging it with the video, as that is just going to ruin your audio quality. You might also want to change up the tone of your voice once in a while to eliminate the 'droning voice' feeling.

BTW, what audio recording software are you using?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Ok, so I just tested plugging my headset into my phone, and it records voice quite nicely, no distortion, no static... I'll have to check the file quality to see if it's a decent recorder though.

Review of your review: First, record your voice at a much higher quality. Second, don't compress the audio afterwards. 3rd, add pauses in between your audio cuts, as rolling from one sentence into another with less pause than you put between words in the same sentence just feels wrong. 4th, don't compress the audio after merging it with the video, as that is just going to ruin your audio quality. You might also want to change up the tone of your voice once in a while to eliminate the 'droning voice' feeling.

BTW, what audio recording software are you using?

That's partially because of the amplification and final compression of audio, otherwise I have to shout into my damn mic before it gets anything. Even before the amplification, I had to boost it up by 30 dB because otherwise, there's NOTHING. (good news; that part is clear as day) Also, I agree on the droning voice thing, I'll be sure to improve that. But back to the quality front, I at least can now record at 96KHz so if I save that as WAVE, then I'll have high quality audio. Also, there was a part where I swapped mics, it's really noticable because I got sick from the initial recording to the other one.

My recording software is Adobe Audition 3.

See if using something like Audacity will change the sound quality... I know I had to move away from Adobe Soundbooth for simple recording because it was dropping the volume significantly. (I still use Soundbooth for reprocessing when needed)

Also, you might want to check and see if you can record to FLAC instead of WAV, as it can chop your storage requirements in half.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

See if using something like Audacity will change the sound quality... I know I had to move away from Adobe Soundbooth for simple recording because it was dropping the volume significantly. (I still use Soundbooth for reprocessing when needed)

Also, you might want to check and see if you can record to FLAC instead of WAV, as it can chop your storage requirements in half.

Yeah, I'm not getting volume drops, it's this way naturally. It annoys me so much, I don't even know where to begin. And this is my GOOD mic. It really is just amplification making it sound like crap, plus the mp4 also compresses it, but it's nearly inaudible when you just record it.

What soundcard are you using?

The one that came with my ECS B85H3-M mobo.

EDIT: i.e. integrated

It's always fun when you're reading fanfiction that seems perfectly nice and clean at first and then suddenly it's "what the heck are they....oh."

It's like there's a weird obsession with sex. I'm asexual myself, so maybe it's just past my frame of understanding.

Hey guys, I'm so high rightnow. It's the best. I went to the Dentist, and I had to get a tooh pulled out, and I asked for numbyness. now my cheek feels weird and i'm tripping balls. i got adrenaline too. i don't know why i'm highhhh.

Here's a few quotes that spilled out, i don't know where they came from or why.

"This pillow is expired!"

"I think I'm pregnant."

"Have you got shiny eyes?"

"I hate virgin cookies."

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D