General Chat

I remember when it took at least a month for memes to filter from normal media to the internet...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have no clue where that gif is from. It seems like, nowadays, everything's a meme.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Do any of you like reading? X3 If so, there's this I'm currently writing.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CE3hhi4RXtDax_FqZgxDsUkaYrR1xr1NSNYB4vr2c5o/edit?usp=sharing

Yes. I am obsessed with this theme. XD I'm sorry.

The main character's name... not... very original. XD But uh, I just... don't want to change it. X3 The main character is obviously based off of me, appearance and traits. It's just the easiest way. And changing the name just wouldn't feel right. If I get a need to I might change the name later on. But for now, this is a work in progress of what I hope will be BIG. Characters in the story are based off of real life people, but I've replaced the names with more Victorian/Steampunk era names from a random name generator. X3 Enjoy reading, for whoever wants to.

Oh and heads up, story's gonna contain gore, violence, swearing, sex and everything fun. B)

If you find some part of the story that needs to be heavily re-worded, do tell me. X3 Feedback would be very nice. Thank you! :D Love you all! You're my awesome friends.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Very interesting idea. :)

Agreed, though the grammar mistakes are quite significant in pages 19 and 20. ;)

:P Don't worry. I'll be heavily editing it once it's more or less complete. No grammar Nazis today. X3 Although I'm not usually phased by people telling me if I have a grammar mistake.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

If you need a last-pass editor's look at it, I'm available. I can also provide detailed pointers on certain areas I think you can improve on. (wording, sentence structure, etc.) The story is really good despite it's issues, and kept me interested. (that's saying something, since I don't read past the first few pages if I'm not interested)

:D I'll be happy for you to take a look at it.

Meanwhile, Tasmania is in a pit of hell. X3 I think the world is breaking. I know in three places there has been recent earthquakes. Apparently a volcano erupted somewhere, and Tasmania is having massive gusts and thunderstorms, expected to not change for at least five days. As I write this, my lights occasionally flicker on and off because of the multiple power surges. X3 I'm afraid the power will go out completely soon. It's cool to listen to though. I've always loved it when these things happen for some reason. XD It's spooky almost.

-------

I think the world is breaking.

Read Revelation... You'll notice some striking similarities with current events.

What, like the scenes in Revelation? If so, tell me when before now those events and creatures occurred/existed. (I'll give you a hint, they didn't)

I'm not entirely understanding what you 2 are talking about but I'm getting some ominous vibes from it so I'm gonna just... change the subject...

So I got talked into trying Rift by some friends. The first thing I noticed was it's basically World of Warcraft without the monthly fee. Like 10 minutes of customizing later and my control setup and action bars are exactly the same as WoW before I left that.

Retired Forum Moderator

@Daniel: Using a complete lack of logic will not help you.

I refuse to do Rift. Despite the similar seeming style, it can't even begin to compare to the pre-WotLK WoW that I loved. (interestingly, you can still get the old version of the game, and there are still free servers hosting it)

I'm going to cry the day Guild Wars servers go down. 1 not 2. I get so much nostalgia from playing it. It's not as good as WoW. But it's my favorite MMO. Nothing will ever be able to beat the nostalgia. XD

-------

I feel even older... I was on that same server the day that meme was born. (I was only level 15, but still)