General Chat

You people... XD

So I'm about to go get a haircut. First real shortening of my hair in... 8 years? It's currently below my waist. Gonna keep it around shoulder length because it's just so damn hard to manage. Still, this is gonna feel wrong for me for a while.

Retired Forum Moderator

@Rarity: My female friend who used to have hair going down to her waist, got it cut it to like, her ear. She cried. XD It probably will feel weird. I cut my hair to a shorter length. Was way easier to manage. The longer my hair grows now, the more knotty and blurgh it gets. X3 It's also really hard to wash I've found. But good luck with that! :D

@Mr.Kitty.Cat: Some do! If not, my dad wouldn't have a wife and two kids right now. :P

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

This feels sooo weird. My head feels light as air and I keep expecting it to be there and remembering it's not.

Cut off literally a foot of hair. Gonna donate it to one of those causes that make free wigs for cancer patients. Much better than just throwing it out.

Retired Forum Moderator

Despite the ease of maintenance of a shorter haircut, I still feel better with longer hair... Don't know why. Logic doesn't seem to help.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

This feels sooo weird. My head feels light as air and I keep expecting it to be there and remembering it's not.

I feel you, and that's only after two months of not cutting my hair in my case.

Welp, now what?

When I took the plunge and went from long hair to short hair, everything felt surreal for about a month or so.

----

In other news, I may or may not have a job and a flat in a couple of weeks' time.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

In additional other news (and breaking my habit of replying after two posts), just bought a copy of MGS1 from eBay. Gonna get my stealth on.

@Rarity: Told ya it'd be weird! XD After cutting my hair short back in like... Grade 7, I'm never gonna go short again. X3 I get a lot of comments about how long my hair is now, makes me feel happy. XD I love how I can reach behind my back and touch the ends of my hair so easily. Feels so satisfying.

@Binky: Good luck with all of that! :D

@Ninja: I have a friend whose hair turns into an afro if he lets it grow out enough. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I've gotten used to it pretty fast. Can't complain about my maintenance time going from over an hour to like 20 minutes tops though.

Well, if I ever find myself questioning how much my parents care about me I should just remember this week. They're gonna be out of town for about 10 days so it's just gonna be me and my brother, and they seem more nervous about that than I've ever seen them. At least when it comes to food availability. They've been stocking up the fridge and freezer with as much food as possible and it's kinda ridiculous lol. I mean I don't drive yet but my brother does so it's not like if we run out of food we don't have methods to get more.

Somewhere in me there's a voice trying to tell me I should probably feel like they don't think I can handle living on my own(Although I could just fine) but they bought a honey-baked ham and honey-baked turkey so I can forgive it for now lol.

Retired Forum Moderator

Last time my parents were away, I babysat the house for 2 weeks. X3 They stocked up sure, but probably not to ridiculous levels. :P They just gave me their card and told me not to spend all the money. The shops are an easy walk away so... the perks of living in a quiet town.

It was great though. XD All the food I wanted, all the time I wanted, ahh... was the best 2 weeks.

I could probably live on my own. X3 Problem is, I'm too lazy. It's not that I can't do anything, I'm just too lazy to do anything. XD But once I get my good habits up, I'm sure it'll be a breeze.

-------

When my parents are away for X amount of days, not only do they give me food, but money. I could live on my own really, the only thing that's stopping me is having income/job, which as established before, is proving to be next to impossible for me.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I could live on my own really, the only thing that's stopping me is having income/job, which as established before, is proving to be next to impossible for me.

+1

Talking about living, today I had a couple of flat viewings. I missed the first flat as I went to what I thought was Stratford Road (Google maps said so), but turned out to actually be Stratford GROVE Road. Buhhh. To be honest I wasn't wanting to live in that location anyway. The other places had some very good bedrooms.

Good luck with all of that Binky! :D

Hey, do any of you guys know how to use 3DS Max? I've been having some issues with lighting and reflections, and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong or how to fix it.

-------

I never did get around to pirating any decent 3D modeling programs, and the free one I did get was a pain to even draw a line in.

For a second I thought you were talking about Nintendo 3DS. As for how to use 3DS Max, I do not, however,

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA