General Chat

I just found out there's people out there that don't use shampoo when they shower because "my hair's too short, I don't need it." Do they not realize that water does very little to get rid of skin oils, which build up in hair? Or that water alone isn't going to do much in the way of even cleaning the hair?

Like I'm not a germophobe but even that grosses me out. And someone like that is staying in our house for the next couple of weeks. Ironically she also likes to complain about things that are unsanitary.

Retired Forum Moderator

Skin oils are merely redistributed evenly over the entire surface by warm water... Letting those oils build up on hair can make the hair brittle over time. Letting it build up on skin makes it more likely to get pimples, and causes increased body odor.

Shampoo doesn't just wash the hair either. As you rinse, it moves over the rest of your body and removes much of the excess buildup of oils across the body. (it doesn't remove all the oils, and introduces many other oils that are far healthier for the hair) For those who have extra high skin oil production, body wash helps get down through it even more. (and it usually includes skin conditioners which are very beneficial to use)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Since ya'll seem very good at all this hair crap. X3 Can someone explain why I have so much damn dandruff? Isn't it caused because of being out in the sun too much? Or am I just completely wrong? No idea how to fix it.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Dandruff is caused by the skin of the scalp either drying out, or not getting cleaned thoroughly enough to let it naturally shed the dead skin cells. Easiest way to get rid of it is to get a hair brush that gets down to your scalp, and use it after applying shampoo, before rinsing. (using your fingers, or massaging will not work, it has to get down through both the oils and the dead skin) It may take a double wash if you aren't showering daily or in the mornings. (you produce about twice as much oil when sleeping as you do when you're awake) It'll usually take a week before the dandruff is gone completely. If it isn't gone, get a normal dandruff control shampoo, and use it for a week with the brushing.

This exact procedure has been successful at getting over a dozen guys and several girls off of prescription anti-dandruff shampoos. (some were up to $100/bottle for their prescriptions when they could've gotten a $5 brush, and used their regular shampoo)

Since ya'll seem very good at all this hair crap. X3 Can someone explain why I have so much damn dandruff? Isn't it caused because of being out in the sun too much? Or am I just completely wrong? No idea how to fix it.

I have dandruff problems as well. I use anti-dandruff shampoo and my scalp is actually usually pretty oily. I think sometimes it's just a matter of genetics. My head sheds skin a lot and that's that. :?

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Hidden folders man. Deleted all the images/videos on my SD card, was still half-full. '.trashes' had a bunch of media I'd deleted months and months ago.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Hidden folders man. Deleted all the images/videos on my SD card, was still half-full. '.trashes' had a bunch of media I'd deleted months and months ago.

I leave "view hidden folders" on at all times myself.

I once had a 16 gig flash drive with absolutely no folders visible on it and only about 100 kb of free space. I thought it was the hidden folder thing but when I enabled that view nothing turned up. Had to format it again just to get it working.

Retired Forum Moderator

I once had a 16 gig flash drive with absolutely no folders visible on it and only about 100 kb of free space. I thought it was the hidden folder thing but when I enabled that view nothing turned up. Had to format it again just to get it working.

Oh goodness. XD Keep quiet. You're scaring me. I would hate for something like that to happen to one of my devices. Errhh...

I've decided to embrace my (unnatural) stereotype. XP It's way more fun than just laughing.

Me: "Hey, I just got my email from Steam. Finally."

S.O: "It took so long because you live in Australia."

Me: "Nah. We get our emails upside down."

S.O: "Haha, sounds annoying."

Me: "Yeah. It's alright though, I got an app for it. Flips them back the right way."

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Sometimes I wish name changes were still allowed so I could go back to Blightmare, but at the same time I'm not sure if I would. Idunno. Too many people know me by this name now it'd probably be an inconvenience.

Retired Forum Moderator

Bill something, right? (Not Overbeck, that's another Bill).

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

If you keep the avatar, I probly wouldn't notice the name change.

I guess I could change my name to my IRL nickname these days, which is a contraction of my surname.

Still, can't wait for the UCP to be fixed.

I suppose I'll just keep this name. Some people still occasionally call me "blighty" or "blightmare" which I can imagine confuses some of the newer members but that's pretty rare. I guess my biggest issue is I feel personally obligated to use only avatars relating to this name and it feels limiting lol.

Also I have the worlds 2 stupidest neighbors. One's racist, the other's sexist, they both live next to each other, and they're both currently arguing with the other about their "mistreatment of other people" I really wish they'd both just move away. -.-

Retired Forum Moderator

Also I have the worlds 2 stupidest neighbors. One's racist, the other's sexist, they both live next to each other, and they're both currently arguing with the other about their "mistreatment of other people" I really wish they'd both just move away. -.-

Ha. Wow.

"You hate black people, so you're a filthy racist!"

"Yeah, but you hate women!"

"THAT'S DIFFERENT"

That is fucking nuts to think that people can be like that.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

And yet, so many are.

I don't know if it's fixable though without massive propagandizing of the youth for the foreseeable future. (and even that appears to not work very well)

I'm completely amazed how stupid people can be. I don't understand the idea of "This person is lesser then me because they are x" it just makes little sense because by logic the person is saying they're better yet how? How is the racist/sexist better then the opposite gender or someone that has a different skin color?

It's just really stupid.

There are threads dedicated to that. I have a feeling you've already found them by now ;)