General Chat

Alright, I've started writing. But I'm abandoning the creepypasta format. I like them and all, but it just doesn't feel good to write. If that makes any sense. It will still be short stories, and they'll still be horror, just not creepypasta.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I was looking forward to a creepypasta, but what the heck, I'll still give it a read. Go for it.

Welp, now what?

Isn't creepy-pastas just... short horror stories anyway? Or is there a weird way you have to write it out? X3 I'm not sure, as I don't usually read a lot of horror stories.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

They're pretty much short horror stories, with or without a touch of gore on the side but that depends on the writer

Welp, now what?

I like creepypastas/horror stories, can't wait to read yours!

My favorite creepypasta was called "barbie.avi" I think, but some of the creepiest stuff I've read so far were stories of real unsolved crimes.

There's stylistic differences, mostly, between a creepypasta and a regular horror story. And that style isn't being appropriated here. In other news, I don't have much free time, so it might take longer than a thousand-odd word story really should.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I feel like the 16 years before I got air conditioner was training for this day. Because we're in a mini heat wave (mini as in small time span but heat wave none-the-less.) and my air conditioner just broke.

It's 90 degree's inside right now(was almost a hundred earlier before the sun fully set) at 5 in the morning. And humid. VERY humid.

Except for my room, which I managed to drop down to about 80-81 through clever uses of open windows, night air, and small fans that make really loud noises. On top of that I'm keeping my core temperature down through application of what I used to use before the air conditioner. So right now I'm sitting here with a wet shirt on, a soft icepack on the back of my neck and a fan blowing directly at me. Currently I feel like I'm sitting in about a 72 degree room.

California, you're gonna have to do better than that to get me >:)

Unfortunately this will get a bit harder once the sun comes up. My room doesn't get a lot of direct sunlight thanks to a very nice and very tall tree right outside of it but the rest of the house is a different story.

Retired Forum Moderator

Might want to consider going down to the library or something, they usually have industrial-grade AC, and it's completely free... (usually have decent internet too)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I was thinking of doing a movie or something tomorrow or maybe spending the day at the aquarium near the beach. Air is always significantly cooler there and there's a breeze.

Retired Forum Moderator

So I made the decision to read The Turner Diaries after I learned about its role in the Oklahoma City Bombing.

Jesus fuck, do I regret reading it.

Never been hungover yet. Unless feeling dizzy in the morning counts as hungover. Had a pint of Guinness today though, 'tis been a while since the black stuff.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I got buzzed once, couldn't afford drunk, and I was sober in 30 minutes... Never even came close to a hangover.

Does anyone here think about their personal hygiene?

I started thinking seriously about it.Hell,i even thought of taking a shower 3 times every one or two days instead of a week.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

I do. I refuse to leave the house if I haven't taken a shower at least that day or the day before. Especially if I can smell myself or I'd been sweating enough to make my skin feel gross. If I even get the slightest whiff of body odor when I'm out of the house I'm super self conscious the rest of the day and keep a respectable distance from people.

Retired Forum Moderator

I wonder if displaying the post count for each poster is something some posters wanted underneath their handles, and whether the reasons that we don't have that implemented are still valid today.

I do. I refuse to leave the house if I haven't taken a shower at least that day or the day before. Especially if I can smell myself or I'd been sweating enough to make my skin feel gross. If I even get the slightest whiff of body odor when I'm out of the house I'm super self conscious the rest of the day and keep a respectable distance from people.

+1

I wonder if displaying the post count for each poster is something some posters wanted underneath their handles, and whether the reasons that we don't have that implemented are still valid today.

The reason was that there was the belief that having a post counter would lead to spamming the forum... This has not happened, but it is still a valid concern. (I'm in second place BTW, but that's only because I had a 6 month enforced break from the forum)

My new phone is a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime.

This provided inspiration for giving the phone a name.

I've called it 'Central Consciousness'

AC24a.png

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

X3 My phone is a Nexus 5 and I just call it my little Nexus. XD Nexus is already a cool name, don't wanna change it!

It also reminds me of my step-brother Nixon. X3 And he's just adorable so.

Also, Central Consciousness = CC. I am your phone. *dun DuN DUUUN*

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D