General Chat

i haven't left though :|

but i guess i'm doing okay

i've been feeling like shit the past few days but it's nothing now

just waiting for my boyfriend to come back over to america

hbu

the name's riley

Trying to earn a living in America with minimal prior experience. Saving up cash for a car eventually, maybe. Having no idea what I'm doing in life. So, nothing new, really.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Trying to earn a living in America with minimal prior experience. Saving up cash for a car eventually, maybe. Having no idea what I'm doing in life. So, nothing new, really.

Same situation, mate. You should try finding a staffing agency around you. It won't get you anything permanent, just temp jobs, but that's better than nothing. And soon, you can get a car, and that makes you a LOT more hireable. Mine is Aerotek, don't know if they're in your area, but you can try. Best of luck mate.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

So, apparently having a photographer for a dad has more benefits than initially thought. After years of bickering at my old camera and my inability to take RAW photo's or have any real control over manual, I finally got surprised with a trip to a camera store my dad always goes to. Apparently he goes there so much that one of the senior employees knows him real well, because I got a shiny new camera(24 Megapixels and RAW capability FINALLY. The detail in the pictures are amazing.), a new tripod, an extra lens (long zoom), extra battery, memory card, 2 UV lens protectors, and a camera bag for like 400 dollars. Which is about how much the camera by itself should have cost.

I want to go out and just go crazy with the thing soon.

Retired Forum Moderator

Oh my gosh! You lucky duck! :D Take a picture of... Water. XP For me. That must be so good though, all of that sweet stuff for such a good price.

But hey, if your parents have a job somewhere, make it worth-while! I managed to score an expensive headset from a mate who works at an electronic store. :D That was a little while ago, still awesome though.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

So, apparently having a photographer for a dad has more benefits than initially thought. After years of bickering at my old camera and my inability to take RAW photo's or have any real control over manual, I finally got surprised with a trip to a camera store my dad always goes to. Apparently he goes there so much that one of the senior employees knows him real well, because I got a shiny new camera(24 Megapixels and RAW capability FINALLY. The detail in the pictures are amazing.), a new tripod, an extra lens (long zoom), extra battery, memory card, 2 UV lens protectors, and a camera bag for like 400 dollars. Which is about how much the camera by itself should have cost.

I want to go out and just go crazy with the thing soon.

Reminds me of Life is Strange.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Just thought I'd bring up attention spans, because I'm in between some things.

Edx9D2yaOGs

Oh, and why is music so different now?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Edx9D2yaOGs

Seen it already. Dude doesn't really say anything of value. But then, not one time in the history of his channel has anything of value ever been said.

Anyway, so... My friend and I are going to be setting up a website for our tabletop after the holidays. I'll link to it when it's up, but right now we're just talking about site layout and rules. Just thought I'd bring it up.

Edx9D2yaOGs

Seen it already. Dude doesn't really say anything of value. But then, not one time in the history of his channel has anything of value ever been said.

Anyway, so... My friend and I are going to be setting up a website for our tabletop after the holidays. I'll link to it when it's up, but right now we're just talking about site layout and rules. Just thought I'd bring it up.

That's so interesting, but what are the whales going to do with all those oysters?

OT: Ok, I'm done bringing the random thread to this one.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

That's so interesting, but what are the whales going to do with all those oysters?

Hey BTG, surely you can separate what part of my post is actually replying to you, and what part was the actual original post I actually came to this thread to post, right? Do I NEED to outright say it, or can you pick up on context? I thought the "Anyway, so..." was enough. Should I have put my actual post *before* my reply to you, would that have done it?

Stop with the animosity please. This is a public forum, anyone is allowed to reply to anything, even if the reply wasn't entirely related to what was replied to.

Good idea.

Retired Forum Moderator

But... But my reply WAS entirely related to what I replied to. And then, I had an entirely separate comment, and apparently failed to make it as clear as it should have been that it was a separate thing, and BTG didn't understand. I don't quite get where you're seeing animosity, really.

OT:

Quick note to people, please be sure if what you're swatting at is a bee or a wasp. If it's a bee, it's harmless and will leave if you just wait a couple seconds for it to realise "Oh, it's just a person. There's nothing here that is of use to me.", making you fucking insane for swatting at something harmless. And if it's a wasp, you're swatting at something that only stings if you make it feel threatened, which is fucking insane because swatting at it will definitely make it feel threatened and is guaranteed to get you stung if you fail to kill it.

Either way, don't fucking swat at the yellow striped insect, you homicidal lunatic. Wait. Take a closer look. If it's fuzzy, it's a bee and you can just let it go on it's lovable little way, looking for flowers to get nectar from. If it isn't fuzzy, it's a fucking psychotic little wasp monster and you should either wait patiently for it to leave, or else if an opportunity presents itself kill it instantly by crushing it flat with a single swat with something that is NOT YOUR FUCKING HAND YOU IDIOT, IT'LL STING YOU. What would possess you to blindly swat at it before you even know what it is?

Like, seriously, that is the worst thing you can possibly do. So why the hell is that the immediate response of most people?

Killing wasps is not a good strategy. When crushed they release pheromones that summon other wasps to come and confront the threat. Just ignore it or puff it away if it looks like it's trying to get into your mouth...

In August, I had lunch in the Jersey Zoo and decided to sit outside (there was a clue for me - everybody else was huddled inside the stuffy restaurant hall, even though the day was nice and pleasant) so, no sooner I got my food on the table and sat down, I got surrounded with wasps - 20 of them, at least... :D Well, I couldn't exactly allow my self to be seen running away with my tail between my legs, could I? So, I sat there, thoroughly enjoying the food and the beer and... the company of wasps. :lol:

I like wasps - they are beautiful! :-)

Regards

Killing wasps is not a good strategy. When crushed they release pheromones that summon other wasps to come and confront the threat. Just ignore it or puff it away if it looks like it's trying to get into your mouth...

In August, I had lunch in the Jersey Zoo and decided to sit outside (there was a clue for me - everybody else was huddled inside the stuffy restaurant hall, even though the day was nice and pleasant) so, no sooner I got my food on the table and sat down, I got surrounded with wasps - 20 of them, at least... :D Well, I couldn't exactly allow my self to be seen running away with my tail between my legs, could I? So, I sat there, thoroughly enjoying the food and the beer and... the company of wasps. :lol:

I like wasps - they are beautiful! :-)

Regards

Well, I hate wasps. With a flaming passion. However, that does not mean I'm willing to pick the absolute worst strategy for dealing with the little fuckers, and I don't get why most people do. They're already inclined to sting, why make them more inclined to sting? Just stay away from groups. If there's only one, you can kill it. Just only do it if you're SURE it's the only one. (We get one or two yellow jackets in our house every now and then in summer and fall. I always look for a second one before insta-gibbing the first one, and make sure I don't pulp it until I'm sure it lands on a solid surface.)

Bees, on the other hand, I'm okay with. I've had multiple honey bees on my too many times to count, and I've been just covered with hundreds of the fuzzy little ladies at least three times, though two were on the same day. They are quite docile, they hardly seem to notice or care about people being around most of the time. It's almost like they're just trying to do their job or something. "Oh, it's just a person. Well, landing on it was sure a waste of time. Hey, buddy, don't wear light blue anymore, you're confusing us. Bye." *Goes back to work.*

Quite a stunning difference between the two, ain't it? Frustrates me to no end that people confuse the two, and both confuse the harmless honey bee for the psychotic wasp and attack both when it's the worst thing you can do in both situations.

I only kill wasps when they get in the house because the last time one managed to live it built a nest up in our attic. And apparently us living in the house is a threat to the hive, making them super aggressive, cuz we were getting sneak stung for seemingly no reason on a daily basis until we got rid of the nest. And they built it in like the hardest to reach corner of the attic too.

I'm fine with bee's though. We have a rosemary bush covering half our front yard and hundreds of bees out there and never have I had any trouble with them. I'll go out there some times and just watch them and they've never even so much as landed on me once.

Retired Forum Moderator

Y'know, Bees are starting to seem alright now that I know how friendly they are. As for wasps, i have yet to see one yet.

Either way, I'll try not to go full Nicholas Cage (NOT THE BEES!) when you see a bee/wasp on your arm.

Welp, now what?