General Chat

I got some money and food. Lots and lots of food. I've eaten myself sick every day for the past 3 so far, and I have a horrible toothache.

the name's riley

I got a tripod for my camera, even tho I was there when they bought it, a Bose bluetooth speaker for my ipod and phone, Starcraft: Legacy of the Void, a steam wallet card, a bottle of black IPA from my cousin, and a BUNCH of expensive chocolate from both immediate and extended family. Seriously, like too much chocolate, never thought I'd say that.

My extended family is very large so even a modest christmas is a lot of usually candy and gift cards.

Retired Forum Moderator

Given what's happening with the weather up in the North these days - Binky, I hope you're alright there mate?

Regards

Weather is absolutely crazy everywhere lately... I was in Dallas only a day or so ago, and now sudden news of a tornado in that area. >.>

But yes... Binky, you okay? XD Not dead?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Weather is absolutely crazy everywhere lately... I was in Dallas only a day or so ago, and now sudden news of a tornado in that area. >.>

But yes... Binky, you okay? XD Not dead?

Yeah I heard the same thing. Must be significant since a friend of mine who doesn't even live in Texas commented on it.

All we're getting up north is shitty blizzards, I'm sitting inside with socks on and my feet are still cold

the name's riley

@Vapymid Still alive, not to worry! I'm currently on Arran in Scotland, which has avoided most of the bad weather. Although, I'm heading to Glasgow tomorrow/today, and the wind's due to get up heavily on Tuesday, so I need to make sure I can get a ferry back to Arran before they start cancelling sailings.

Most of the flooding is happening in Cumbria and Yorkshire, which are a fair way south of my location. It's quite impressive that Leeds city centre is flooded, as it's midway between the east and west coasts.

Newcastle seems to surviving however. Put 'Isle Of Arran' into Google maps, then 'Leeds' or 'Carlisle', and you'll see I'm rather out of harm's way :)

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Ah, good to know you're alright!

Hope you won't get stuck on that island, cut off from the mainland by bad weather, though... That's how a lot of horror stories or films start, isn't it? :D

Regards

Am I the only one amazed at the influx of newly registered members after Ross's Birthday video? (btw, Happy Birthday Ross!)

Welp, now what?

It's kinda like a new tourism site. Once it's shown to the public, the tourists start pouring in.

Either that or a cult (the good kind)

Welp, now what?

It's very refreshing to see this new influx of members. I think the last time was the finale of FM.

On another note: I just saw a decent sized spider in my bathroom and decided for some reason it would be a good test subject for my new camera.

And now I'm all wigged out. There's so much detail in those photo's you can zoom in on the hairs of the spider. What was I thinking? Also i think this is the same spider that crawled out of my pant leg a few days prior so I think I just got to experience what Jeb did.

Retired Forum Moderator

So... This Christmas break, I started off with getting myself System Shock 2, and GTA 5 for PC, thinking I was going to, at max, get one game as a gift. Plus I really wanted GTA 5 on PC, for multiple reasons, and I was convinced to give System Shock 2 a try. With my Amazon gift card I got myself Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions and Web of Shadows, Chrono Trigger (DS), among a few other things. My brother got me Far Cry 4 (PC), a friend got me Undertale, and another friend got me Spec Ops The Line (wasn't even on my wish list, but seems like it's right up my alley).

So, during the Christmas Break, I got/am getting (cause shipping and whatnot) eight games. Eight games I plan on getting through. Now, if we take into account all the games I got between Thanksgiving break, and now, plus all the other games I'm replaying, cause I've left playthroughs unfinished for months, if not a year or two, *starts laughing* it's safe to assume, I'm not going to be needing any new games for a while. I was not expecting all of these games. Hell, with my gift card, I was debating, PS4, new video card, 8 more gigs of ram (total being 16), new hard drive (minimum 4TB), a couple of games, and a couple of movies.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Groovy. Congratulations on getting so many games!

Speaking of getting PC upgrades, I plan on buying a 64 bit version of Windows 7 because a lot of newer games don't run on 32 bit systems anymore (I have Win7 Professional 32 bit right now).

I could just google it, but I'm kinda lazy so I'm just going to ask here if there is anything I need to pay attention to when buying/installing a new OS?