General Chat

Here's a short documentary on the Isle Of Arran, where I grew up. It's very once over - you could easily make a follow up episode or two with all the bits they didn't mention. I'm amazed this got made to be honest - Arran never gets on the telly.

A few fun nuggets:

I've been onstage with Stuart Gough in a musical, and his wife was my English teacher, the most positive person I've ever known.

Calum McNicol I think is the brother of a lass in my year at school.

Lady jean Fforde's husband Charlie 'Farlie' owns much of Arran's land. He's..not the most well-loved man on the island.

The small island you can see at the top of Goatfell is owned by a group of Buddhists.

In Lochranza, the sheep roam free.

Scotland's first No-Take fishing zone is in Lamlash Bay.

We have our own beer, whiskey, and have recently started producing sake.

Arran indeed does have great beaches. Except Brodick. They mined the foundation for Chinese export in the 80s. They ignored the warnings by science. They were foolish. RIP Brodick beach.

My home is near a waterfall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01mm3bn/grand-tours-of-scotland-series-3-1-scotland-in-miniature-the-isle-of-arran

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Here's a short documentary on the Isle Of Arran, where I grew up. It's very once over - you could easily make a follow up episode or two with all the bits they didn't mention. I'm amazed this got made to be honest - Arran never gets on the telly.

A few fun nuggets:

I've been onstage with Stuart Gough in a musical, and his wife was my English teacher, the most positive person I've ever known.

Calum McNicol I think is the brother of a lass in my year at school.

Lady jean Fforde's husband Charlie 'Farlie' owns much of Arran's land. He's..not the most well-loved man on the island.

The small island you can see at the top of Goatfell is owned by a group of Buddhists.

In Lochranza, the sheep roam free.

Scotland's first No-Take fishing zone is in Lamlash Bay.

We have our own beer, whiskey, and have recently started producing sake.

Arran indeed does have great beaches. Except Brodick. They mined the foundation for Chinese export in the 80s. They ignored the warnings by science. They were foolish. RIP Brodick beach.

My home is near a waterfall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01mm3bn/grand-tours-of-scotland-series-3-1-scotland-in-miniature-the-isle-of-arran

Reminds me of the series Coast. I'm waiting for iPlayer to upload the next episode of Rick Stein's India, so I'll probably have a peek at this tomorrow.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

BBC and their anti-non-UK policies... Can't watch the video.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Reminds me of the series Coast. I'm waiting for iPlayer to upload the next episode of Rick Stein's India, so I'll probably have a peek at this tomorrow.

I completely forgot about this, I apologize Binky. Hopefully it's still available to stream... :oops:

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Nae bother, you have until the 16th March :)

Next time I visit my parents I'll take some photos for the forum, maybe in the RL Picture thread :)

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Hey BTG! I think I found your long lost brother!

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6926

Nah, it's just a lurker Lore.

I finally regained my status of most prolific poster of the forum... It only took 2 years to gain the 8000 posts I got surpassed by during my 6 month ban. (Alyxx either cheated, or was a very active poster)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Hey BTG! I think I found your long lost brother!

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6926

Nah, it's just a lurker Lore.

I finally regained my status of most prolific poster of the forum... It only took 2 years to gain the 8000 posts I got surpassed by during my 6 month ban. (Alyxx either cheated, or was a very active poster)

your posts are a prime example of why quality is more important than quantity

the name's riley

Alright, can we please not start the 'pick on BTG' train? Seriously guys. :S What's wrong with; "(Alyxx either cheated, or was a very active poster)" anyway?? Stop picking flaws at each other and start acting like human beings. XD Gosh, damn.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I just realized, this is some weird as fuck family tree. XD If BTG is the Accursed King, and if BTG sees me as a sister figure, and since I'm apparently titled the Accursed Farm mother (cause I'm a fussy bastard), wouldn't that make me a princess, and thus make everyone else here a part of a royal family?

Congratz guys, you're all royalty. XD

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I just realized, this is some weird as fuck family tree. XD If BTG is the Accursed King, and if BTG sees me as a sister figure, and since I'm apparently titled the Accursed Farm mother (cause I'm a fussy bastard), wouldn't that make me a princess, and thus make everyone else here a part of a royal family?

Congratz guys, you're all royalty. XD

S'long you don't forget I'm the darn Queen and HL Princess is also a princess.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com