General Chat

Oh man, all this talk about avatars somehow made me change mine!

Looking at it, I can't help thinking "REVEREND USHANKA CAT COMMENCE FACE SCRATCHING!"

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Is it just me, or does anybody else keep mistaking Rarity for Psychotic Ninja, and visa versa? I find myself doing a double take each time I chance upon one or the others posts.

file.php?avatar=2054_1456319478.pngfile.php?avatar=2441_1453705882.png

:3

Stage one complete. I'll train y'all to look at names first if it's the last thing I doooooo!

Retired Forum Moderator

So more than a decade after getting it, I finally got to use the can opener on my pocket knife to actually open a can. Apparently we don't have an actual can opener...

Though the inside of the can's top ring looks like one bad move and it's 4 stitches at least.

Retired Forum Moderator

Stage one complete. I'll train y'all to look at names first if it's the last thing I doooooo!

One of the reasons I enjoy switching my avatar around so often is because of the mild confusion it causes. People get used to visualizing me as a skull-headed scorpion and then BOOM! A wild William Blake Jesus appears! ;p

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

By sheer coincidence, my band managed to write a full song that has almost the exact same riff as this one. Awww feck.

x-64CaD8GXw

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

"Coincidence" :D

All joking aside, that's interesting.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I imagine that's a common problem with musicians nowadays, I imagine with all the types of music and musicians out there making a song must be really hard.

*dat moment when you accidentally write smoke on da watah*

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

I imagine that's a common problem with musicians nowadays, I imagine with all the types of music and musicians out there making a song must be really hard.

Life in the palaeolithic must of been easier for budding musicians - give or take the ever present dangers of death, disease and giant flightless birds. Essentially all contemporary music is derivative of that first early hominid who discovered that banging a stick against a stone sounded pretty rad... :P

I think true originality in any musical or artistic medium is an impossibility, we are too culturally and socially hardwired to influence one another. We are the only species on Earth with the capacity and imagination to elevate noise into something fundamental to our identity, and we are abundantly aware of our history of transcending mundane distraction into lifelong endeavor.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

It was fun showing our singer that song. The transformation of his face was *priceless*.

We finished our set with it (now called "Heave And Hoe") on Saturday, and people loved it. I think what we've written is sufficiently different from The Murphys' (it's twice as long for a start). Regardless, we're not big enough to warrant a copyright issue, and if we do get big enough, well I guess we'll have wait and see what goes down ;)

Interestingly, another song we wrote also has a coincidental lift. Our guitarist woke up one morning with a riff in his head, and when he showed it to us, I was like "Hang on...", and the first two bars are strikingly similar to "Keelhauled" by Alestorm:

ta-Z_psXODw

But again, the song we wrote is drastically different to it.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I need to like find my zen place or something because lately I've felt like I'm just cranky and antisocial for no reason which realizing it's own impacts my mood. :S

Dem downward spirals.

Retired Forum Moderator

Maybe you should drink more tea. That seemed to help your insomnia. XD Maybe it'll help you with your zen place finding. :P

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Certain types of tea are great for improving a person's mood, relax their muscles, various other things. I recommend green tea with some jasmine or mint thrown in.

... with some jasmine or mint thrown in.

Don't eat me. D:

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Hey! No one eats Jasmine or throws her into any tea or anything... Or they'll have to deal with one seriously pissed off Ruskie :evil: There will be blood...

Regards

Edited by Guest (see edit history)