General Chat

I did spot one just the other day, somewhere in the Misc. AF Stuff section. It was taken care of after a few hours. That was the only spam i've seen in this forum so far. Beats the Queenzone forum for me. At some point, you'd get a page full of spam/jumbled mess when you're looking for a forum topic there.

Welp, now what?

I did spot one just the other day, somewhere in the Misc. AF Stuff section. It was taken care of after a few hours. That was the only spam i've seen in this forum so far. Beats the Queenzone forum for me. At some point, you'd get a page full of spam/jumbled mess when you're looking for a forum topic there.

I find spam to only be a problem when the most recently updated threads on a given forum are on page thirty-seven... ;p

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I find spam to only be a problem when the most recently updated threads on a given forum are on page thirty-seven... ;p

That was the one issue i found in Queenzone a couple of times, but with the recent thread being found in the 2nd/3rd page. That forum was rather unstable, which probably made it prone to spam.

Welp, now what?

I got my first ever tattoo on Monday :)

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

@DeWolfy: Cool! :D What is it?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I bet it wasn't as expensive as my new glasses though... ;)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I bet it wasn't as expensive as my new glasses though... ;)

I really ought to book an appointment with my opticians, I've had the same pair of NHS discounted spectacles for over a decade now. Curse me and my vestigial grimlock eyes!

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I need to get off me ass and actually get myself a GP down in Newcastle. It's been nearly three years, man! I want to get an MOT done when I get to 25, see how I'm getting on physically after a quarter century.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I'm a few months late for my usual yearly check-up optician appointment. X3 And from my usual trend of things, I'll most likely need a new pair of glasses again...

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

2 days ago i came back from the field. been there for a month. working 16 hours a day, even weekends, sleeping on *cots(sleeping on the ground was better), military meals(prison food. basically tasteless and awful, keeps you alive), no private space because there was like ten of us to a tent. towards the middle of it all i started switching between clinical depression and hatred for everyone around me. all of that was gone as soon as i saw home in the distance. 8 hour convoy back though because military vehicles have to drive on backroads no faster than 45 miles an hour. we went 60...cause fuck that shit. woulda been back in 6 hours but the trailer's rear outer wheel in front of us began to wobble a little...then violently to where me and my driver thought it was gonna fly off causing a 10 ton trailer to flip. the only thing we could think of doing because the radios didn't wanna work, was pulling to the side. the vehicle behind us radioed up the them then they stopped about a mile up the road. we were chasing them trying to hail them on the radio for roughly ten miles. imagine how scary that is being directly behind a trailer watching it's wheel getting slowly worse for that long. but yea, when we caught up to them it was literally "what's wrong why did you stop?" then "the fuck happened to our wheel?!" took two hours to sort that out. had to leave the trailer there, and put its two occupants in different vehicles. it sucked. anyway, i need a massage. how was you guy's month?

*for those who don't know, this is what a cot looks like:

military-cots.h54.jpg

If it says anything at all, i got really angry as soon as i saw this picture.

because the radios didn't wanna work...

So... the US army equipment is no bloody different than the USSR army equipment was... :lol:

Regards

anyway, i need a massage.

*squeezes your shoulders* :D

Sounds like a rough month...

-------

because the radios didn't wanna work...

So... the US army equipment is no bloody different than the USSR army equipment was... :lol:

Regards

Probably. I should get "if it ain't broken, don't replace it" tattooed on my ass at this point. we're really into reuse. case in point:

SINCGARS radio:

Exelis_SINCGARS_RT-1523E.jpg

Does this thing LOOK like it's new let alone functional?

What are you talking about Kyou? :P You're going mad.

-------

but yea, the fuck is with that thing? is it designed to be as difficult to operate as possible?

If it's government issue, yes.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

:lol: Ah, you caught me there, hehe...

Oh, that is a "tank" radio. But it was used in pretty much every military vehicle that was supposed to have a radio in it. Including my beloved Gecko :D

ZRK-Osa-AKM-3S.jpg

And - one must wonder how did they manage to train so many conscripts to operate that thing?

Well, actually, making it work wasn't really that difficult but you did need to know the sequence of actions and understanding what each button and knob did helped a lot too :D

Regards