General Chat

Or get ones that are more comfortable. I almost always forget I'm wearing glasses.

Have you got the point yet where you are so used to wearing glasses that you regularly get into the shower and fail to notice that you're still wearing them, and only do so the moment the water hits your face, causing momentary panic as in that split-second before realization kicks-in you've convinced yourself that you've spontaneously developed some sort of limited water repelling telekinesis 1cm from your eyes?

I've just heard some people do that... :?

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Lol I've done that... once. XD But I knew immediately I was just being a retard and left my glasses on.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Not quite, I've stepped into the shower then realized I still had my glasses on. On the flip side, I've slept with my glasses on before.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Lol I've done that... once. XD But I knew immediately I was just being a retard and left my glasses on.

I like it! You realized you had your glasses on in the shower, decided to go with it, and not a single fuck was given... :P

Not quite, I've stepped into the shower then realized I still had my glasses on. On the flip side, I've slept with my glasses on before.

One of the reasons I'm not keen on contact lenses is due to the irrational fear that I'll accidentally forget that I'm shortsighted, go to bed, and find out the next morning that my lenses have slipped into my eye-sockets.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

*Shudders* I don't want to think about that. On a similar note of forgetting things because of things. After getting my new computer (it glows in the dark btw), I would go to turn off my lights, only to turn them on. Or remember they are off. Yeah the glow from my new computer is so powerful, I forget my lights are already off. This is going to take some time getting used to...

To clarify it's not like this:

a36a3991cd63f4c51ff00ea1fb250c7a12033d9e661e6ad03eeef0281bbb4be6_1.gif

it's more like this:

monsters-inc-disneyscreencaps_com-114.jpg

where everything's blue

Gosh, I am not prepared for Thanksgiving tomorrow. There will be lots of food and I will probably feel so stuffed to the point of sickness like I usually do on Thanksgiving. I've never quite adapted to eating that much food in a given day. I'm used to small portioned meals and it really shows on Thanksgiving.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Gosh, I am not prepared for Thanksgiving tomorrow. There will be lots of food and I will probably feel so stuffed to the point of sickness like I usually do on Thanksgiving. I've never quite adapted to eating that much food in a given day. I'm used to small portioned meals and it really shows on Thanksgiving.

We don't have Thanksgiving over this side of the pond, but if we did I feel as though I'd prepare for it everyday of the year. Eating bollocks-loads is an age old tradition (nay, primal instinct) for me in winter.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Well this year's Thanksgiving turned out much better than I expected. I was neither stuffed nor nervous.

A few days prior I had been talking with a Brit whom recently moved to the US for work. He talked about how the bread here was too sweet and that the portions we served were massive. You know I never thought I would be talking to a person in this country with a sensible notion towards food in my life. Like with most things I grew to accept insanity as the norm. I thought food over saturated with sugar and salt in portions that appear to be overcompensating for something was just normal. Most Americans I've seen wouldn't be far from eating mayonnaise straight from the jar, squirting ketchup straight into their mouths and other detestable dietary tendencies.

Anyway I would love to continue to ramble more about how Americans fetishize food but another time perhaps. Back to the British expat I was talking to. He told me that he had been preparing himself physically for Thanksgiving with his GF's parents by not eating much the previous day. I told him it was good call and we continued talking about how weird food is in American for about half an hour. You know I don't think I could be more of an Anti-American living in America if I tried. :lol:

Also protip if you happen to be drinking American sodas. Pour the can into a glass and add a 1/4 cup of water to it. You'll thank me later. I wonder how far away we are from making canned liquid sugar. Alright, I'm done bashing my country with a stick for now.

Well this year's Thanksgiving turned out much better than I expected. I was neither stuffed nor nervous.

A few days prior I had been talking with a Brit whom recently moved to the US for work. He talked about how the bread here was too sweet and that the portions we served were massive. You know I never thought I would be talking to a person in this country with a sensible notion towards food in my life. Like with most things I grew to accept insanity as the norm. I thought food over saturated with sugar and salt in portions that appear to be overcompensating for something was just normal. Most Americans I've seen wouldn't be far from eating mayonnaise straight from the jar, squirting ketchup straight into their mouths and other detestable dietary tendencies.

Anyway I would love to continue to ramble more about how Americans fetishize food but another time perhaps. Back to the British expat I was talking to. He told me that he had been preparing himself physically for Thanksgiving with his GF's parents by not eating much the previous day. I told him it was good call and we continued talking about how weird food is in American for about half an hour. You know I don't think I could be more of an Anti-American living in America if I tried. :lol:

Also protip if you happen to be drinking American sodas. Pour the can into a glass and add a 1/4 cup of water to it. You'll thank me later. I wonder how far away we are from making canned liquid sugar. Alright, I'm done bashing my country with a stick for now.

Want to swap places? ;p We can make an arrangement where I annually take over your role in life during Thanksgiving week.

I'm sort of the same way about England. I'm not exactly a self-loathing anglophobe and I still feel that a person is, on balance, fortunate to have been born English. But I'm kind of ambivalent about my nationality, and about nationalist sentiment in general. So many of the symbols of Englishness have been hijacked by unpleasantly right-wing aspects of the country anyway. Whenever I see St. Georges flag I can't help picturing it tattooed onto the fatty folds at the back of some EDL supporters head.

I'm far more of a regionalist anyway. My sentiments and sense-of-selfhood lie within the West Midlands far more than my Englishness could trump. It's partly an inferiority complex due to a lifetime of mildly anti-midlander propaganda that writes us off as stereotypically stupid and irrelevant. England has a noticeable cultural North/South "divide" in which both the East and West Midlands is largely seen by either extreme of the country as either belonging to the other, or else simply being some nameless no-man's-land betwixt both - devoid of any distinction aside from some amusingly affable accents. All I'll say to those people is this; Shakespeare was from here and we invented heavy metal. That means some of the best bands and bards ever conceived by human mothers were minkies, yam-yams, brummies, etc. WHAT WERE THE REST YOU RUBBISH PARTS OF THE COUNTRY DOING WHILST WE WERE BUSY BEING RAD AS FUCK?.

p.s. Did I mention that Black Sabbath, Godflesh and Napalm Death come from Birmingham? I think my work is done here...

p.p.s. I hope none of fellow Englanders take this post of mine too seriously. I actually have a strong fondness for so many parts of the country. Cornwall, Devonshire, Yorkshire, being just a few.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

why the hell so many consider "google it" as perfectly good source? Especially if you ask them to prove what they claim? It annoys the hell out of me.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Want to swap places? ;p We can make an arrangement where I annually take over your role in life during Thanksgiving week.

I'm sort of the same way about England. I'm not exactly a self-loathing anglophobe and I still feel that a person is, on balance, fortunate to have been born English. But I'm kind of ambivalent about my nationality, and about nationalist sentiment in general. So many of the symbols of Englishness have been hijacked by unpleasantly right-wing aspects of the country anyway. Whenever I see St. Georges flag I can't help picturing it tattooed onto the fatty folds at the back of some EDL supporters head.

I'm far more of a regionalist anyway. My sentiments and sense-of-selfhood lie within the West Midlands far more than my Englishness could trump. It's partly an inferiority complex due to a lifetime of mildly anti-midlander propaganda that writes us off as stereotypically stupid and irrelevant. England has a noticeable cultural North/South "divide" in which both the East and West Midlands is largely seen by either extreme of the country as either belonging to the other, or else simply being some nameless no-man's-land betwixt both - devoid of any distinction aside from some amusingly affable accents. All I'll say to those people is this; Shakespeare was from here and we invented heavy metal. That means some of the best bands and bards ever conceived by human mothers were minkies, yam-yams, brummies, etc. WHAT WERE THE REST YOU RUBBISH PARTS OF THE COUNTRY DOING WHILST WE WERE BUSY BEING RAD AS FUCK?.

p.s. Did I mention that Black Sabbath, Godflesh and Napalm Death come from Birmingham? I think my work is done here...

p.p.s. I hope none of fellow Englanders take this post of mine too seriously. I actually have a strong fondness for so many parts of the country. Cornwall, Devonshire, Yorkshire, being just a few.

Oh yeah, I learned of your country's north/south divide from this video.

ENeCYwms-Cc

I don't get the joke they make about the midlands not existing though.

The US has something similar with the Mason Dixon Line. My dad once made a joke that all the US's problems would be solved if The South just fell off into the sea. Kind of hard to argue against though. :lol:

80950-current-location-mason-dixon-line-blank-map-united-states.jpg

It was alright, I didn't feel stuffed and I wasn't anxious at all.

We didn't get sparkling cider this year though. :cry:

Mine was great, after eating was playing some GTA 5 online, witnessed two Russians yelling. Dunno what it was about, sure it was great. How do I know they were yelling? Caps lock is the universal sign of yelling. I would have to say that was the highlight of Thanksgiving for me. I mean everything else was great, but that was the icing on the cake.

I'm allergic to the FUCKING AIR. Hayfever can go fuck itself. I've been suffering non-stop for the past two weeks. I can't do SHIT.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Or get ones that are more comfortable. I almost always forget I'm wearing glasses.

"Someone has hidden my glasses again . . . "

-Walter

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

-Walter

"That's odd."

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

-Walter

"That's odd."

where-are-my-glasses.jpg

-Walter

"That's odd."

I never suspected such things could be.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.