General Chat

There's no denying the impact us Bronies had/have on MLP, and popular culture in general. Like the show or not, doesn't matter. Let me ask you this: When this generation of MLP is over (whither it be now, seeing as season 6's over, season 7, or whatever), and Hasbro has that unavoidable itch to reboot the series again, do you think they'll go back to the "we got to sell the toys!" and/or the "it's only for little girls" mentality, or do you think our impact will last past FIM?

There's a thread for this.

A) That's been dead for a year

B) That thread is specifically for Bronies

C) I'm asking everyone, not just Bronies

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

There's no denying the impact us Bronies had/have on MLP, and popular culture in general. Like the show or not, doesn't matter. Let me ask you this: When this generation of MLP is over (whither it be now, seeing as season 6's over, season 7, or whatever), and Hasbro has that unavoidable itch to reboot the series again, do you think they'll go back to the "we got to sell the toys!" and/or the "it's only for little girls" mentality, or do you think our impact will last past FIM?

There's a thread for this.

A) That's been dead for a year

A) That doesn't mean you can't bump it

B) We held an agreement to keep all MLP-related discussion to that thread years ago

C) This isn't a debate, I'm just reminding you

the name's riley

*looks at the first page*

*looks at the poll*

...You sure about that?

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

But wouldn't you want the opinions of people who've actually seen MLP:FIM? Not everyone watches MLP:FIM myself included so I don't have an opinion on it.

What I can say is that cartoons as a whole are no longer just marketing for toys. People want more out of their cartoons and creators delivering with cartoons such as Steven Universe and Gravity Falls. Cartoons aren't my area of expertise so those were the only two off the top of my head I could think off. Cartoons aren't really my thing. But I mean do you see the problem here? You are asking everyone after all.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I'm asking people to keep an open mind on the question, not be biased against the show. It doesn't have to be MLP. We have reboots like Teen Titans Go, which clearly is shitting over the original, and its fanbase.

Also, Username, your inner BTG is showing with your seclusion towards MLP.

I'm asking people to keep an open mind on the question, not be biased against the show. It doesn't have to be MLP. We have reboots like Teen Titans Go, which clearly is shitting over the original, and its fanbase.

But I thought this had to do specifically with Hasbro marketing toys with the next reboot of MLP. I thought that was your original question.

Like how the PPG reboot was made to sell toys. Also, if I revive the MLP thread, odds are, only I would be using it.

Also, Username, your inner BTG is showing with your seclusion towards MLP.

It's not seclusion, this is discussion directly related to the show and thus belongs in the appropriate thread

Nobody asks you to put your pony images or videos in the MLP thread so long as they're relevant to the topic, the least you can do is keep the discussion there.

And I've noticed that you like to toss our mutual dislike for BTG around as if it's some point to an argument, it's a fallacy at best but I'll entertain it anyway:

IT'S NOT A CRIME TO HELP UPHOLD AN AGREEMENT WE ALL DIRECTLY PLAYED A PART IN

the name's riley

The rule includes keeping strict discussions about the show to it's thread so I am gonna have to ask the topic be moved there.

Retired Forum Moderator

Well then! It's now Halloween, according to my calendar, and we don't usually celebrate it in our country, but I DON'T CA

So a quick question: how do I choose a proper pumpkin for carving? I'm sure there are experts present in Accursed Farms, and if there isn't actually one, I'll be very disappointed and sad... okay, not really, but still would be a bit disappointed

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

Recently started watching Stargate: SG-1 again. And remembered why i love the show so much. While somewhat naive & idealistic (though not too much), it is good sci-fi thats grounded in reality. Well, at least first seasons. All that while giving possible hints where technology could lead us. "Learning Curve" episode (watched it today, Season 3, ep 5) for example is one scenario that is extremely interesting. This show is also great on moral dilemmas (though they usually get perfect solution)

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

So today while coming back from my lunch break at my blizzcon store job, I looked at who was currently ordering and low and behold the people placing their purchase orders one window down are non other than Arin and Susie Hansen. I was so caught off guard that like the intelligent person I am blurted out a little too loudly "Oh my god it's egoraptor!" And he must have heard and seen the absolutely retarded look on my face because he gave me a "do I know you?" Kind of awkward wave.

That made my whole day even if I did probably just get written off as a weirdo.

Retired Forum Moderator

So today while coming back from my lunch break at my blizzcon store job, I looked at who was currently ordering and low and behold the people placing their purchase orders one window down are non other than Arin and Susie Hansen. I was so caught off guard that like the intelligent person I am blurted out a little too loudly "Oh my god it's egoraptor!" And he must have heard and seen the absolutely retarded look on my face because he gave me a "do I know you?" Kind of awkward wave.

I AM SO JEALOUS

the name's riley

:lol: That must have been something. I'm sorry but that's pretty funny.

DAMN SON! Bumped into Ross and Holly as well?

Welp, now what?

DAMN SON! Bumped into Ross and Holly as well?

So I was originally gonna wait till I got home reply to this because I didn't, but I shit you not, at the SAME EXACT window as arin and Susie, was Ross and holly. I didn't even notice at first because I was just talking with them about overwatch when it hit.

I also got a picture. :3

DePBXHN.jpg

Something about store 7... I also asked him to send an apology to arin for being kinda weird lol.

Breaks almost over so bye!

Retired Forum Moderator

So I was originally gonna wait till I got home reply to this because I didn't, but I shit you not, at the SAME EXACT window as arin and Susie, was Ross and holly. I didn't even notice at first because I was just talking with them about overwatch when it hit.

I also got a picture. :3

Welp, you are officially the luckiest person on this forum XD

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

Damn Rarity. XD That's amazing. So lucky!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

meanwhile on the opposite end of the luck spectrum, ive been spending my entire weekend just trying to get my fucking computer to work

i'd go in to detail just to give everyone some perspective on how shit my weekend has been but i want to kill myself enough without typing a wall of text on my wii u

the name's riley