General Chat

Can anyone here recommend any good Podcasts? I've already listened to all YogPods Barshens Podcasts!

How about Earbiscuits by Rhett and Link? :)

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I don't think podcasts are for me, I would listen while playing a game, like TF2. Then my brain zones out for a minute or two. When it comes back I'm in the middle of conversation about fuckable planets or something just as weird (if not weirder). If I'm not doing something else while listening to the podcast, then I understand why/how they got from talking about how some company is trying to sue Jim Sterling to fuckable planets. However, I get bored just listening to the people talk and want something to do.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

How about Earbiscuits by Rhett and Link? :)

Thanks! I'll be checking that out.

I don't think podcasts are for me, I would listen while playing a game, like TF2. Then my brain zones out for a minute or two. When it comes back I'm in the middle of conversation about fuckable planets or something just as weird (if not weirder). If I'm not doing something else while listening to the podcast, then I understand why/how they got from talking about how some company is trying to sue Jim Sterling to fuckable planets. However, I get bored just listening to the people talk and want something to do.

I only listen to them when playing something calm, like SimCity or when having to do something a bit more tedious like farming, but for that kind of stuff I think they're perfect.

I used to listen to the Super Best Friendcast (I love their Let's Play channel), but I fell behind and kinda dropped the habit. Highly considering picking it back up, though.

The problem I have with podcasts and other formats like that (audiobooks, etc) is that I'm a horrible multi-tasker when it comes to that sort of stuff. I can never seem to listen to an audio thing while also doing something else (at least the last few times I've tried). I once tried to listen to the Dune audiobook, but I had such a hard time paying attention to it while doing anything else that I ended up just lying in bed listening to the audiobook. Which was rather annoying to me because I can read much faster than the audiobook.

In some current news, I've got food poisoning. Yaaay!

Had a sandwich from a convenience store (I know that's usually a bad idea from the get-go, but this store - QuikTrip - is usually higher quality than your average gas station / convenience store) and I think the roast beef was under-cooked or maybe the cheese was bad. I dunno. I've had this exact kind of sandwich from the same store many times and this has never happened before, but I guess I just got a bad sandwich. Anyways, I'm not eating that food ever again.

Rule #1: Always smile. You'll look good at the scene of your murder.

Had a sandwich from a convenience store (I know that's usually a bad idea from the get-go, but this store - QuikTrip - is usually higher quality than your average gas station / convenience store) and I think the roast beef was under-cooked or maybe the cheese was bad. I dunno. I've had this exact kind of sandwich from the same store many times and this has never happened before, but I guess I just got a bad sandwich. Anyways, I'm not eating that food ever again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=11&v=HiBh99OANs4

On a serious note though; I hope you get better and you don't feel TOO shit. >.>

On the topic of podcasts, I only really listen to Rhett and Link, but I usually listen to podcasts when I'm drawing. :) It satisfies my ears and eyes and they only clash if I have to write something in my drawing. Then I'll just pause the podcast and resume when I'm back to the mundane stuff.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I like how more active the forum has been lately. I mean it's not extravagantly active but it's better than two posts per day. lol

How's everyone been though? :) How's life? How's your dog? Your neighbour? XD

-------

I Feel it's only active cause of Freeman's Mind, which saddens me, that that's the only reason why so many people return.

Over all I'm doing good, life's good, could be better. My dog's doin- wait, I don't have a dog, I have a cat. She's great. Kid at heart. In human years, I'd say she's in her 20's, yet she loves to play with her toys just as much as when she was a lil kitten. As for my neighbor(s), dunno. Never interact with them. No need to do so.

I thought it's nice to see the forum this active again. That ain't the only reason though, remember the number of people who signed up after Ross's birthday video?

Doing alright myself! Just chilling out before i start my summer internment in a hotel this monday. My dog? man, he's a jumpy little guy! He's running around the place, and comes running to me the moment he hears the clinking sound of utensils on a plate. When that happens, good luck shaking him off while trying to eat!

Welp, now what?

I will admit, the freeman's mind video prompted me to come back, But I'm pretty sure Game Dungeon is what brought me here in the first place. That or my friend Mr. Nutt.

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." ~ Elric, the Technomage

I will admit, the freeman's mind video prompted me to come back, But I'm pretty sure Game Dungeon is what brought me here in the first place. That or my friend Mr. Nutt.

You wouldn't think a guy who's been inactive for years would inspire another guy to come back

the name's riley

ymFAlYmRc9o

This shit is the reason why

A) I don't associate with any facet of the LGBT "Community", and will never,

B) I'm afraid to go to college here.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

As tragic as that is I hardly see how that's reflective of the LGBT community in any way. That's just a stupid individual resorting to scum of the earth tactics because they can't handle rejection. This kind of thing happens between straight people as well and to put this on the LGBT community is pretty unfair to those apart of it who've never have and would never even consider such a thing (People such as me.)

Retired Forum Moderator

I feel like there's a lot of missing information here. Gay guy basically asks straight guy out, he declines, then gay guy's like "Well I'mma tell everyone you harassed me" so the straight guy killed himself?!

On a side note, don't open up with "have you heard this joke?" Then proceed into telling a tragic story. You come off as an asshole.

If the straight guy killed himself, pretty sure he would have had other issues than just; "a gay dude is making my life a little harder right now". People won't kill themselves over things like that unless they have some mental disability that affects them in a drastic way. Things like these get so taken out of context and give heaps of people a bad name. I mean, the gay dude is already a prick for harassing the straight guy, but everyone gets 10x saltier when they realize someone committed suicide. Sure, blame the gay dude for being a prick, but don't put suicide in the same paragraph so that it assumes he's the reason someone died. That's just terrible.

-------

As tragic as that is I hardly see how that's reflective of the LGBT community in any way. That's just a stupid individual resorting to scum of the earth tactics because they can't handle rejection. This kind of thing happens between straight people as well and to put this on the LGBT community is pretty unfair to those apart of it who've never have and would never even consider such a thing (People such as me.)

You people associate with this. To me, associating with a group with a bad name, whether or not you do the thing in question, tells me "Yeah, I'm willing to associate with these people that DO do the shitty things".

I feel like there's a lot of missing information here. Gay guy basically asks straight guy out, he declines, then gay guy's like "Well I'mma tell everyone you harassed me" so the straight guy killed himself?!

On a side note, don't open up with "have you heard this joke?" Then proceed into telling a tragic story. You come off as an asshole.

I guess we've forgotten the:

Me calling the people who thought Zootopia was good retards

Me drawing furry verbal abuse art to mess with furries

Me telling racist jokes on deviantART knowing full well they don't take too kindly to that.

incidents.

Besides, the point was that it sounds so farfetched that it had to have been a joke, but then surprise it happened.

If the straight guy killed himself, pretty sure he would have had other issues than just; "a gay dude is making my life a little harder right now". People won't kill themselves over things like that unless they have some mental disability that affects them in a drastic way. Things like these get so taken out of context and give heaps of people a bad name. I mean, the gay dude is already a prick for harassing the straight guy, but everyone gets 10x saltier when they realize someone committed suicide. Sure, blame the gay dude for being a prick, but don't put suicide in the same paragraph so that it assumes he's the reason someone died. That's just terrible.

You might have not read the "Title IX kangaroo court" part of the title. It's okay. Here, I'll condense his problems: being convicted of harassment and threats without a hearing, then having that put on his record.

No mental health problems, looked forward to his future, then blam he gets accused of something he never did, didn't have any way to defend himself, since there was no hearing or even investigation come to think of it, and it was written on his record.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Don't even know what "Title IX kangaroo court" means.

But dude...

You people associate with this. To me, associating with a group with a bad name, whether or not you do the thing in question, tells me "Yeah, I'm willing to associate with these people that DO do the shitty things".

Please be kidding. XD

-------

Don't even know what "Title IX kangaroo court" means.

But dude...

Please be kidding. XD

A kangaroo court is an improperly held hearing where people just want the person accused in prison as quickly as possible without knowing if they actually did it or not and the courts oblige. In this case, it was just going on his record, but the point still stands.

And no. Go ahead and explain why my logic is the most retarded thing you've heard, then.

in lgtb because I'm bisexual. That hasn't stopped me from being critical of the movement and their shortcomings. Holding everyone accountable for the actions of the few is stupid because your forcing the blame onto those who aren't guilty of anything. I could just as easily say that you are responsible for all hate based crimes against lgtb people because you're being critical but I'm not because despite being a programmer I don't view he world in 1's and 0's.

That's like sayin all gamers are sexist basement dwellers because you saw a few of them online. I'm guessing I don't need to go into how wrong that is here of all places.

Retired Forum Moderator