General Chat

My relationship is probably ruined by a fucking plumber. I hope he is happy in his drunk-ass state because if he's not, he just ruined part of my life for no reason.

Hi Friend.

How did a plumber ruin your relationship?

Had to wait on the fucker. I had a date tonight and he decided getting drunk at a bar was more important than doing his fucking job. I waited 5 hours and by the time I found out where he was, I was an hour late.

Hi Friend.

You suck Blue. Give me 3 inches please. I'm only 5' 6.75" and 140 lbs. (mostly muscle, I'm not fat)
I must say, those first two sentences thoroughly confused and disturbed me.

How did a plumber ruin your relationship?

Had to wait on the fucker. I had a date tonight and he decided getting drunk at a bar was more important than doing his fucking job. I waited 5 hours and by the time I found out where he was, I was an hour late.

Why did you have to wait for him, and for so long? Couldn't you call your date?

I was heading out today with the guys to work out a bit when it started to rain, so we decided to go to a beer store instead...

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Well, I guess no one else was home. And I wouldn't leave some random plumber alone in my house.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know what you mean, I hate it when they come in. My parents treat them so nicely, but I'm always so paranoid when they come in.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Plumbers will charge the SHIT out of you. Thye'll make you pay $70 just for showing up. Unclogging a sink will cost you $120, and it'll cost you $2 to do it yourself, and it's surprisingly easy.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

my uncle's a retired master electrician, he made a great deal of money, i can understand him charging you far out the ass for wiring your house.

I've done electricity work too, it's a bitch and it's deserved. Plumbers do work that is easy (as well as work that is hard, which is true in this case) and charge through the roof for it, there is a difference. Electricians also kinda (I say kinda because it is rare when an electrician dies from electrocution) risk their lives in that line of work, plumbers do not. I'm not saying that plumbers don't earn their money for more advanced jobs (in my case, the sewer is literally about to be combined with my basement) but for the simple stuff, no.

Hi Friend.

either which way i have great respect for the working man, my uncle's an electrician, my other uncle's a carpenter(built his own home from ground up), and my father is a welder. i'm not sure which, if any, i'd like to do. i'm leaning towards electrician.

either which way i have great respect for the working man, my uncle's an electrician, my other uncle's a carpenter(built his own home from ground up), and my father is a welder. i'm not sure which, if any, i'd like to do. i'm leaning towards electrician.

It's a bit of work but still good to learn and a little fun to do. Now rewiring entire houses is going to be tedious and dangerous, but most things aren't too bad.

Hi Friend.

well, uncle Bill(4 guesses on who i was named after :P) went through an entire career without getting injured/shocked. it's definitely one of those things i'd learn so i can pull it out in a bind, you know, like basic automobile mechanics. :)

Ahghghghghgrrrr I'm pissed of 'cause I instaled Spore today. I was playing long time, I had create cell and then creature based on my dragon OC and at the Tribal level everything shut down. Gah, I didn't save it!!! :(

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

My dad's a former electrician an I get to hear all the fun stories of both the idiots and just unlucky people he's had the pleasure of working with. I also know from one of these stories why you turn off a homes power when using power tools near open wires. Poor guy tore every muscle in his arm after the reflexive jerk of his arm after the electric shock.

Retired Forum Moderator

my other uncle's a carpenter(built his own home from ground up)

Now THAT'S impressive! What sort of house is it?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

single story home, wood paneling, i'll try to find a pic of it on my cousin's FB.

nope. he didn't have one.

he also has a well that deters him from water bills, and grows his own food to save on groceries. i'm not sure if his house is completely done yet though.