General Chat

that's the main fear device; your character can't find back. he can only cower and run.

To me that's just annoying. It's not really scary, just irritating.

Having a weapon would totally ruin the atmosphere of the game, unless they had something like Penumbra's shitty melee system which is more annoying and needless than useful.

that's the main fear device; your character can't find back. he can only cower and run.

To me that's just annoying. It's not really scary, just irritating.

Having a weapon would totally ruin the atmosphere of the game, unless they had something like Penumbra's shitty melee system which is more annoying and needless than useful.

Well the reason they made it so hard to use is so people don't start using it as a crutch.

You can good enough with it right now to take on most enemies 1 on 1 but you're screwed if there's more.

If anything, giving me a weapon makes me feel more comfortable because it gives me the option to deal with my problems on the spot. where as in amnesia/penumbra, getting spotted and knowing to run like hell is half of what makes my heart race.

Retired Forum Moderator

Well the reason they made it so hard to use is so people don't start using it as a crutch.

Exactly, the reason it sucks so much is because they wanted people to be afraid when they were playing the game. Not afraid because a monster jumps out from behind a door (Doom 3 = Best example of this incredibly crap way of handling horror)

Just didn't work for me. I just wanted to slap Daniel for being such a pussy.

You're ragging on Daniel for being trapped in a monster filled castle while also suffering amnesia and being chased by "the Shadow". Who in their right mind takes this thing on with a chair?

Amnesia_Monster.png

I liked Amnesia(for the little bit I had played it). It actually was scary ESPECIALLY because you had no weapon.

What I don't like is people that act all tough when playing a horror game and say its not scary. WELL DUH. If you not gonna be open to let yourself get scared and try to get immersed in the experience, OBVIOUSLY its not gonna be scary.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What I don't like is people that act all tough when playing a horror game and say its not scary. WELL DUH. If you not gonna be open to let yourself get scared and try to get immersed in the experience, OBVIOUSLY its not gonna be scary.

Honestly, if horror games didn't scare me then I wouldn't bother playing them. That's why Amnesia gets headset + lights out, epic experience.

Every week I come into the photoshop class confident in my work and leave feeling like I fucked up. But I guess I wouldn't really be learning if even the tiniest of mistakes wasn't pointed out.

At least he shows me how to fix the problems. :D

Retired Forum Moderator

I don't like being scared out of my mind, but I'm no Scootaloo. I like a good jolt now and again. Keeps me alert. Playing Dead Space pissed me off and scared me shitless. I was pretty new at FPS games and my friend was like SLEEPOVER! and I was like OK! then he turned out the lights in his basement, popped in Dead Space and laughed at me the whole way through the first couple levels. I died about 12 times trying to get through because THOSE NECROMORPHS ARE FUCKING ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!!!

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

i was innocently collecting some stuff, then i turn around and a damn necromorph is 3 feet in front of my face. i literally die "DIE! DIE DIE! DIE!" exactly how Ross did it...still that's one hell of a thrill for me.

Who do you go to to get the data from your mp3 player or preferably fix it...... :(

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Depends on the damage. Is it completely busted? Some part of it just came off? Was it exposed to and EMP? Ok, that one seems unlikely, but depending on the manufacturer and level of damage there could be or not a chance to fix it. You could try places were they repair cellphones. Or a licensed dealer. Or if you have sufficient knowledge, try to fix it yourself.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

First of all happy birthday, You are a a great person with good humour, positive personality and a great attitude towards learning and computers ;). I wish you all the best.

Now regarding my mp3 player.

It seems very likely it got damaged because of one of the following two things:

1. Water (As I was walking in rain that day and exposed it a bit (it has a small hole in it due to an accident before, this happened just before 2.) )

2. Unplugged in the wrong moment (This is the last time it worked, it still worked for about 2 hours untill battery was low, then I saw how the battery was low and plugged it in another computer, I left it there only realizing 2 hours later that nothing works anymore and it never even charged)

I was going to fix it myself, I used to be a computer repairs guy however I don't have experience with mp3 players and I read that Sony makes them in a way that if you try to open them you will damage something. I only went as far as I knew was safe in opening it and left it as it is.

I also noticed how the USB connector in the player fell off later partially because of me and partially because this player is pretty old now.. This hints towards number 2. being the reason it doesn't work. However this doesn't explain why the screen never says anything (Normally it should say Battery Low - Charge please)

I was just going to copy the files unto my computer too and I collected music there for years and years and the last time I copied files unto computer was a year ago...

I have a sony walkman e series by the way...

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

First of all, thank you. You're too kind :D

Now, to the matter at hand. Water damage is a bad thing, but sometimes survivable. Same with the USB connector. That's why I suggested you find someplace where they repair cell phones, since they are used to these problems and have the proper tools (I work at a cellular carrier and I can tell you that water and connector damage are 2 of the 3 main problems we see - the other one being cracked screens, in case you were wondering).

I was researching a bit about your player and found a forum were someone mentioned that thing about the devices being designed to damage internal components if opened, but I suppose with the right tools it should be possible, even if it meant breaking the case... since the main goal here is to patch the player enough to salvage the music, not returning it to full operation.

I wish I could be of more help. Try the repair shop. If none can be found that is willing to take the job, then you have nothing to loose and you should give it a go, tearing the carcass piece by piece if necessary.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Thanks for your help JC, really appreciate it. I'll follow suggestion to go to cell phone repair shop and if not will just crank the mp3 player out and get the memory chip/ram/disk whatever storage it uses and then connect it to a usb module.

Anyone remember this cartoon, it seems childish but for me was extremely disturbing in some parts actually. I wonder what happened to it anyway :)

prM7116R260

Well I'm thinking about doing something sufficiently stupid. How is everyone this lovely November 1st?

The glass is never half empty because I drink out of the carton.

Ohai, I'm Axeldeath and since I live so far away from everyone I am one of the few left awake at the current time.