How?

So I've been noticing lately that Ross's half life source is all nice and fixed, no broken crowbar, no eye burning chrome errors, it's all fixed.

But how did he get it fixed?

Sorry if I didn't see a thread or so that explained this.

:oops:

Please reply ASAP(I really want to play the fixed half life source, I hate the latest version, nobody likes hurting eyes from bad chrome effects)

I don't think anyone understands what you're talking about... It's a normal Half-life: Source install from what I have seen.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Bump.

Okay, so if you played Half life source recently, the chrome is all broken on the crowbar and stuff, if you turned on the HD pack, sounds would be missing, scientists rapidly scream when you only hit them once.

It looks like he's playing the HLS before the steam pipe update that ruined it.

That's possible, but I haven't got either of those issues, and I'm fully updated.

Also, Ross isn't using any of the HD assets.

That's possible, but I haven't got either of those issues, and I'm fully updated.

Also, Ross isn't using any of the HD assets.

Im just listing the problems.

I'm on a windows 7,

but I see some windows 8 users also getting this.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Lenovo G780 laptop, GT630m 2GB dedicated video card, no mods.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Lenovo G780 laptop, GT630m 2GB dedicated video card, no mods.

Did you get yours off of steam?

because I did and it has a ton of broken stuff in it, I brought it in like 2013 or so.

Only to find that I wasted my money on something broken.

I just downloaded Half-Life: Source from Steam after reading this (never bothered to download it before as I like the authenticity of the original). Surprisingly, I have all of the exact same errors that you described. The weapons look like they're covered in shiny plastic wrap, scientists freaking the hell out, everything. So it's not just you, the game really is bugged.

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium x64, with a Radeon HD 6790 and a Phenom x4 955 BE. I don't have these problems with any other Source game. Or any other game in general, I might add.

From Steam, no bugs like you described. All my settings are maxed, except no HD items.

Right click game in list > Properties > Betas.

See if the beta is enabled. Try switching to or from it. See if helps.

Don't forget to verify game cache to make sure all the files get updated right.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

See if installing the Source SDK 2006/2007/2013 Singleplayer affects anything... I use the 2006 SDK to run a couple HL2 mods that were never updated. (e.g. SMOD)

Try adding -autoconfig to the launch options. Alternatively, disable the Steam Cloud for the game and delete the cfg folder to do a hard-reset of all the settings. This'll also delete any custom keybindings though so write them down somewhere.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

See if installing the Source SDK 2006/2007/2013 Singleplayer affects anything... I use the 2006 SDK to run a couple HL2 mods that were never updated. (e.g. SMOD)

I have SDK 2006, dunno about 2007,etc.

Try adding -autoconfig to the launch options. Alternatively, disable the Steam Cloud for the game and delete the cfg folder to do a hard-reset of all the settings. This'll also delete any custom keybindings though so write them down somewhere.

I tried both things and it still did not work.

I have SDK 2006, dunno about 2007,etc.

They're all available in the "Tools" section. Just tell Steam to install. Also, check your graphics card driver settings, many have "enhancements" that can cause the visual glitches you described.

Great I did the disable steamcloud and delete the cfg folder, now I have no levels.

EDIT: I'm re-installing the game if that's also part of the step.

DOUBLE EDIT: So I reinstalled it and I still have nasty eye burning chrome problems.