Quick September Update

Not that I would know much about Poland or Polish schools and their kids.

well, in areas that were under communist rule for 50 or so years, school systems havs generally less fucking around to but it blunt than in areas that werent under communist rule.

I wanted to refer to that... but I can't understand this sentence :roll: Sometimes it happens...

maybe my English at school wasn't good enough :lol:

Don't worry, English is my first language and I can't really figure it out either.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

uh, im sorry- what part you dont understand? D:

i meant in former eastern block nations we have more down-to-business school system and less fucking around than in most countries that werent under eastern block.

hope i made clear :D

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Well, since you live with him, can you affirm Schwarzwald's assertion? Does Ross work harden than schoolchildren who go to school in formerly communist areas?

I just realized it's been 25 years since communist dissapeared, and we're still a former communist country :/ When is long enough not to be "former" ? =p

I also just realized I'm being manipulated (by myself), since what I reply and what you think about school in Poland... determines what you'll think about Ross =p... so I won't reply. 8-)

well, in areas that were under communist rule for 50 or so years, school systems havs [have] generally less fucking around to [to what or too??] but it blunt [it's blunt?? what???] than in areas that werent under communist rule.

This goes even against the rules of Polish language, maybe yours has a crazy hell of a syntax like this? :mrgreen: It must be fun to talk :D

I normally don't care about stuff like that but I had to :mrgreen:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Well, since you live with him, can you affirm Schwarzwald's assertion? Does Ross work harden than schoolchildren who go to school in formerly communist areas?

I just realized it's been 25 years since communist dissapeared, and we're still a former communist country :/ When is long enough not to be "former" ? =p

If I had to guess, probably after a generation or two.

At the very least, until most of the population no longer has had a personal experience with it.

That, or until something more notable happens that overshadows the "former communist state" thing.

If it helps, at least from what I've seen, Poland isn't as associated with the "former communist state" mindset as much as the more eastern European countries like Ukraine or the Czech Republic. In the perception of here in America, closed off as we are, Poland has seemed to have had a somewhat more stable history before communism came about, at least as a sovereign state, meaning that there is more commonly understood history that people know that doesn't necessarily involve communism. Especially compared to much of Eastern Europe, which has undergone a ton of change over the past 20 years, meaning that the history of those countries has become rather garbled in a lot of people's minds. Not to say that there aren't tons of "Poland gets invaded a lot through history" kinds of jokes known here, but at the least, in most people's minds, it's always been Poland.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I also just realized I'm being manipulated (by myself), since what I reply and what you think about school in Poland... determines what you'll think about Ross =p... so I won't reply. 8-)

well, in areas that were under communist rule for 50 or so years, school systems havs [have] generally less fucking around to [to what or too??] but it blunt [it's blunt?? what???] than in areas that werent under communist rule.

This goes even against the rules of Polish language, maybe yours has a crazy hell of a syntax like this? :mrgreen: It must be fun to talk :D

I just wanted to see how bad he makes hard working schoolchildren look by comparison. :mrgreen:

There's probably an actual answer somewhere, but I think it's after all the people that have experience with communism die, then it's no longer a "former" communist country. What descriptor said is better, though.

"This goes even against the rules of Polish language, maybe yours has a crazy hell of a syntax like this?"

You perfectly described English. :lol: Most native speakers can't speak it properly themselves. The ones that can have PhDs in it, and most of them can't, either!

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

bleh XD

first was obviously mixup of letters. 2nd mistake was purely made by my sleepiness :D

and 3rd- again letter mixup D:

and while estonian may sound weird, imho polish seems weirder :D

and while i understand none of you wont understand estonian, especially its (whats the word here) regional versions (i really cant recall correct word here- i will send spiderdog to eat you if you laugh at this mistake) but here is good video about topic :D

ow9zh0N-sQY

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Don't worry. Poland can into democracy! Can into EU/NATO!

Seriously though, any country that dons communism, willingly or not, basically gets labeled as a former communist country for the rest of their existence.

Seriously though, any country that dons communism, willingly or not, basically gets labeled as a former communist country for the rest of their existence.

I was afraid of that. And Poland is a country in the middle of Europe. Saying that Poland is eastern (and therefore, more post communist ;p ) Europe always makes me irritated. There's nothing eastern about Poland, except some regional accents maybe. This could be a blooming country, but we're constantly being taken apart (Polish financial assets and companies being bought out by Germany, for example, and other countries) and treated like a cheap labor :P Western taxes, eastern wages, this is how it is. Meh...

I read a few years ago that Poland is also the biggest drug smuggling track in Europe :D This makes me smile, for some reason...

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I was afraid of that. And Poland is a country in the middle of Europe. Saying that Poland is eastern (and therefore, more post communist ;p ) Europe always makes me irritated. There's nothing eastern about Poland, except some regional accents maybe. This could be a blooming country, but we're constantly being taken apart (Polish financial assets and companies being bought out by Germany, for example, and other countries) and treated like a cheap labor :P Western taxes, eastern wages, this is how it is. Meh...

I read a few years ago that Poland is also the biggest drug smuggling track in Europe :D This makes me smile, for some reason...

small fact- geographical center of Europe, if you include islands that are considered to be part of Europe is in Saaremaa, Estonia. if you exclude islands, its located in Lithuania though. So yes, Poland is actually quite center of Europe.

small fact- geographical center of Europe, if you include islands that are considered to be part of Europe is in Saaremaa, Estonia. if you exclude islands, its located in Lithuania though. So yes, Poland is actually quite center of Europe.

This is very true, and applies equally as well to Missouri/Oklahoma here in the U.S.

Also, it's not so much geographic center that takes this into account as it is population or transportation center.

I live right next to one of the biggest drug trafficking corridors in the country, and while this isn't the exact geographic center of the country, it is roughly the population center, and certainly the part you are most likely to go through if you are traveling across the country, what with the Rocky Mountains being in the way and all.

For some reason I can't find the population center of Europe, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were in the Germany/Poland region.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!