FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 59

Hopefully it was all a teleportation-induced dream. ;)

That would be lame as hell, to be honest.

It would also make me very sad. :(

Have him wake at the end of the teleportation maze... The TM is just boring.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

However, Freeman's comments on the layout of Black Mesa are wonderful, and the teleportation chamber can be a good source for that kind of rant. Besides that, a good player can do the teleportation chamber in under 15 minutes. Freeman can just jump into the "correct" chambers and chalk it up to "they all go to the same place, anyway." The guess/check is what really takes up the most of the time.

Edit: I am going to time myself to see how I do.

Edit 2: 3 minutes, 19 seconds, and 372 milliseconds from where Freeman was when he went to Uplink, to the entrance to the Level A floor.

Edit 3: I actually want to see how far I can take this. Current time: 1 minute, 30 seconds, and 14 milliseconds.

Edit 4: 1 minute, 7 seconds and 10 milliseconds. I was not expecting that. I'm done, obviously. That was fun!

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

He might just forgo the teleportation orbs and just jump from one rotating platform to the next and do pull ups.

"President Skroob was right. No more beaming. I might come through the other side with my head up my ass. Literally."

He might just forgo the teleportation orbs and just jump from one rotating platform to the next and do pull ups.

"President Skroob was right. No more beaming. I might come through the other side with my head up my ass. Literally."

I could see that. I know I wouldn't be too keen on jumping into a giant glowing death ball in the middle of a huge tower with rotating stuff around it. Even if I already knew they were teleporters, that whole thing screams "high enough energy to melt my flesh".

Then again, I wouldn't be so keen on jumping between platforms either.

Also, if I recall correctly, they are way to different in height to be able to jump up to, even with slick pull ups.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I could see that. I know I wouldn't be too keen on jumping into a giant glowing death ball in the middle of a huge tower with rotating stuff around it. Even if I already knew they were teleporters, that whole thing screams "high enough energy to melt my flesh".

Then again, I wouldn't be so keen on jumping between platforms either.

Also, if I recall correctly, they are way to different in height to be able to jump up to, even with slick pull ups.

Especially Port 09. I think, if anywhere, that's where Freeman would get skittish.

I'd like to put my voice in on the "keep the Teleporter Maze" side. The most annoying parts of the game always inevitably make the funniest Freeman's Mind moments, because of the entire derivation of comedy from gameplay contrivances thing. Cutting it would be wrongheaded, I think. I expect two more episodes before Xen, myself, or one long-ass one.

I'm just talking about the foray into the Uplink map, not the entire game.

And that's what I meant when I made that statement. Uplink MUST be canon! :mrgreen::geek:

If I recall right, Uplink was based on a cut chapter called "Communications Center." I think parts of Decay were also based on it. Not sure if I'd call Uplink canon though.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

However, Freeman's comments on the layout of Black Mesa are wonderful, and the teleportation chamber can be a good source for that kind of rant. Besides that, a good player can do the teleportation chamber in under 15 minutes. Freeman can just jump into the "correct" chambers and chalk it up to "they all go to the same place, anyway." The guess/check is what really takes up the most of the time.

Edit 2: 3 minutes, 19 seconds, and 372 milliseconds from where Freeman was when he went to Uplink, to the entrance to the Level A floor.

Edit 3: I actually want to see how far I can take this. Current time: 1 minute, 30 seconds, and 14 milliseconds.

Edit 4: 1 minute, 7 seconds and 10 milliseconds. I was not expecting that. I'm done, obviously. That was fun!

Damn, dude! Thats fast!

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Damn, dude! Thats fast!

Thanks! I got it down to 50 seconds, actually.

If I recall right, Uplink was based on a cut chapter called "Communications Center." I think parts of Decay were also based on it. Not sure if I'd call Uplink canon though.

Yeah, it was. You were originally supposed to be betrayed by one of the science team members, but Valve couldn't do it, for some reason. I think it's still in that early Alpha of Half Life that was released last year. Not sure whether uplink is cannon or not, but I don't think it is.

Yeah, it was. You were originally supposed to be betrayed by one of the science team members, but Valve couldn't do it, for some reason. I think it's still in that early Alpha of Half Life that was released last year. Not sure whether uplink is cannon or not, but I don't think it is.

IIRC, they weren't at that level yet with the characterization and couldn't pull it off convincingly. In Half-Life 2 the thing with Judith Mossman I think borrowed some elements from that, but I'd have to double-check my sources again and I'm feeling lazy.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

^ :D awesome nickname

its a reference to the earlier episodes of Freemans mind aint?

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

^ :D awesome nickname

its a reference to the earlier episodes of Freemans mind aint?

Yes it is! When he enters the office complex and comments on all these ridiculous signs hanging on the walls. There was also "Scheduled Chaos Theory" but I can't remember if it was Ross's invention or already in the game...

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Can't wait for the next episode, you left it on a hell of a cliff hanger!
The resolution to the cliffhanger will be about as interesting as the build up.

He starts teleporting all over the place.

Calling it now.

He who fights drummers