FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 60

FM60.jpg

(Downloadable copy will be up later)

Here's the next episode of Freeman's Mind. This one contains the most shouting there's been in an episode in a while, but Freeman has some legitimate grievances. I originally considered skipping this area for FM since I felt like it was one of the more contrived areas, next to the giant fan room, but I saw some comments of people saying they had been looking forward to this part, so people will get the full experience instead. In any event, I'm happy with how this episode resolves the previous one. As a bit of side information, the very last part of this episode was literally played and recorded in slow motion. It was the only way I was able to preserve the motion blur AND not have the game glitch during the demo playback. Something about the one of the teleporters the demo system in Source simply did not like.

The voicework for #61 has been recorded, although it will take a little longer for the editing than this one did. In the meantime, I'm likely taking on more than I should and I plan for the next video to be another Game Dungeon. I'm aiming to have it by the end of the month, but I'm not promising anything. More videos coming one way or another!

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

You sure as hell know how to make fans happy, Ross. Especially after your signature, long hiatuses.

At this rate, you might finish before the end of the year. Keep it up!

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

You sure as hell know how to make fans happy, Ross. Especially after your signature, long hiatuses.
The thing is the voicework for 59 was done for about 2 weeks before it posted so I kept working ahead. I have another short video that I was working on that will be appearing next month hopefully. The hiatuses usually mean something else is coming in the future.

I still think he's gonna start teleporting. You said the editing will take longer for the next episode.

That big one starts making him teleport fucking everywhere. I'm calling it.

He who fights drummers

I'm surprised Gordon didn't try to throw a grenade to that big teleporter at the end. He could've done so from such an angle that, if it didn't get teleported, it would go through that window and explode without damaging the teleporter; and if it did teleport, he wouldn't have to worry about the explosion being teleported back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delacroix

Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.

Loved the WTF part that the beginning.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

FM60.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiOcwOblEMU

Here's the next episode of Freeman's Mind. This one contains the most shouting there's been in an episode in a while, but Freeman has some legitimate grievances. I originally considered skipping this area for FM since I felt like it was one of the more contrived areas, next to the giant fan room, but I saw some comments of people saying they had been looking forward to this part, so people will get the full experience instead. In any event, I'm happy with how this episode resolves the previous one. As a bit of side information, the very last part of this episode was literally played and recorded in slow motion. It was the only way I was able to preserve the motion blur AND not have the game glitch during the demo playback. Something about the one of the teleporters the demo system in Source simply did not like.

The voicework for #61 has been recorded, although it will take a little longer for the editing than this one did. In the meantime, I'm likely taking on more than I should and I plan for the next video to be another Game Dungeon. I'm aiming to have it by the end of the month, but I'm not promising anything. More videos coming one way or another!

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

A few days ago I was testing the avisynth script you gave us in the "help make Freeman's Mind HD" video and demoing in the source engine. Coincidentally, it was in the teleportation chamber. May I ask if it was the portal behind the railing and Port 4 (in particular) that were giving you trouble? Was the glitch kind of a "flash" to other parts of the map for a brief period of time? Just curious as to whether or not we experienced the same glitch.

Loved the episode as always, Ross. Especially so since I love when Freeman gets angry. My favorite joke has to be the one about Microsoft.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

This episode reminded me of how much I hated this part, but if I can't get the full Freeman experience, then what's the point of this entire series? Loved this episode, though. I was just thinking about how this whole teleportation thing is a much-needed change-up in the rules for FM, so when he told the vortigaunt, "You're not special anymore." I laughed my ass off.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I guess Im the ONLY one who breezed through this one on my first run of Half-Life, I managed to guess the right one everytime.

Ehhhh

The thing is the voicework for 59 was done for about 2 weeks before it posted so I kept working ahead. I have another short video that I was working on that will be appearing next month hopefully. The hiatuses usually mean something else is coming in the future.

Which is another reason to be happy. Hell, I have no trouble waiting a little longer for free entertainment.

Speaking of other things coming in the future, hot damn, it's almost been a year since your first Game Dungeon! It was so close to Halloween, that I was comparing the time to the Halloween episode at first.

I hope you have another Halloween episode planned, but have you thought about doing an Anniversary Game Dungeon?

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

HOLY FUDGE. YES! :D Thank you, you fast working son of a snot!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

He is actually incredibly fast, I think it's ridiculous how he's tackling another Game Dungeon already. I don't think he even

had a chance to sleep until about 9:00 AM last Poland morning...

Episode 61 voicework already recorded. Got shades of Summer 2011 going on here with this level of productivity.

Hah, if only we actually did. Like Ross said, episode 59 and others were recorded long before it was ready for release, it's just

me who is really slowing the production down. He's like an astronomically charged high-energy neutrino; he cannot be stopped.

Speaking of which, remember that you still need to send me the files for 61, Ross. :P Also, I have a slight qualm about the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiOcwOblEMU

YOU LIE! Downloadable copies are never available later! I don't think I've downloaded any Freeman's Mind episodes this year.

That means I haven't even seen the 720p resolution yet. :( I don't actually mind waiting, but I was wondering if there was any

date that you were planning on uploading the original copies?

This was certainly a pleasant surprise, since it's so soon. :) Keep up the great work Ross! Compared to the vast majority of TV shows and movies, your work is so fresh and unique, and much more enjoyable to someone like me.

Love the

Russian Roulette

comment. That is literally the first time I have heard a reasonable explanation for why that part of the building is there. Also, great job on the episode. Loved it as always.