FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 60

K, I'm looking at actual numbers here to make a rough estimate. In 60 episodes, Ross has gone through roughly 83 maps (3 of them from Uplink). There are 14 left in the story. If this rate of maps-to-episodes remains similar, there will be 10-11 more episodes in Half-Life 1. To complete this by the deadline, Ross would need to release roughly one episode a week for the rest of the year. Given all of this, I would not blame Ross at all if the final Half-Life 1 episode of Freeman's Mind didn't come out before the end of the year. It would certainly be preferable to cutting maps or half-assing episodes, things Ross has already said in more definitive terms he would not do.

Everything working out as intended would be awesome, though. :D

I think a better way of calculating the amount of time Ross has left would be the following:

Take the amount of time it took Freeman to do each map, add up all the numbers and divide by 83 to get the average map time. Take the number of maps in each episode, add them up and divide by the number of episodes to get the average number of maps per episode. Multiply these two together to get the average episode duration.

Looking at some "Let's plays," the playtime from before the big final fight to the end of Xen seems to be around and hour, give or take. Freeman tends to wander off and he doesn't run everywhere, so we'll stretch that out to 1 hour and 30 minutes or so. Take 1 hour and thirty minutes and divide by the average episode duration to get the number of episodes.

Take the last 15 episodes, add up the time between them (Excluding 45 because it's atypical), then divide by 15. as before. Then, take the number of episodes left and multiply them by that number, and you'll have the amount of time left. That's a lot of work, though, and I wouldn't expect anybody to do it.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

K, I'm looking at actual numbers here to make a rough estimate. In 60 episodes, Ross has gone through roughly 83 maps (3 of them from Uplink). There are 14 left in the story. If this rate of maps-to-episodes remains similar, there will be 10-11 more episodes in Half-Life 1. To complete this by the deadline, Ross would need to release roughly one episode a week for the rest of the year. Given all of this, I would not blame Ross at all if the final Half-Life 1 episode of Freeman's Mind didn't come out before the end of the year. It would certainly be preferable to cutting maps or half-assing episodes, things Ross has already said in more definitive terms he would not do.

I think a better way of calculating the amount of time Ross has left would be the following:

Take the amount of time it took Freeman to do each map, add up all the numbers and divide by 83 to get the average map time. Take the number of maps in each episode, add them up and divide by the number of episodes to get the average number of maps per episode. Multiply these two together to get the average episode duration.

Looking at some "Let's plays," the playtime from before the big final fight to the end of Xen seems to be around and hour, give or take. Freeman tends to wander off and he doesn't run everywhere, so we'll stretch that out to 1 hour and 30 minutes or so. Take 1 hour and thirty minutes and divide by the average episode duration to get the number of episodes.

Take the last 15 episodes, add up the time between them (Excluding 45 because it's atypical), then divide by 15. as before. Then, take the number of episodes left and multiply them by that number, and you'll have the amount of time left. That's a lot of work, though, and I wouldn't expect anybody to do it.

Out of boredom and curiosity, I did a calculation similar to this four or five months ago, right after episode 57 was released. What I did was added up the total playing time of Freeman's Mind up to Episode 57 and compared it with that of

at the same point. With a few calculations following that, my result implies that Freeman's Mind should end at approximately 70.82 episodes (70 or 71). However, since two episodes were just spent in Half-Life: Uplink, we add 2 to this number to get (drum roll) .... 72 or 73 episodes of Freeman's Mind!

Please bear in mind this is simply an estimate, and only one method of calculating. It could end in 70 or 76 episodes for all we know, but for right now, the most likely number of episodes that should exist once the series is done is 72 or 73. :)8-)

"I'm not really the sentimental type, but.... well, no, I'm not."

Out of boredom and curiosity, I did a calculation similar to this four or five months ago, right after episode 57 was released. What I did was added up the total playing time of Freeman's Mind up to Episode 57 and compared it with that of

at the same point. With a few calculations following that, my result implies that Freeman's Mind should end at approximately 70.82 episodes (70 or 71). However, since two episodes were just spent in Half-Life: Uplink, we add 2 to this number to get (drum roll) .... 72 or 73 episodes of Freeman's Mind!

Please bear in mind this is simply an estimate, and only one method of calculating. It could end in 70 or 76 episodes for all we know, but for right now, the most likely number of episodes that should exist once the series is done is 72 or 73. :)8-)

Ross has sped up production right now. Isn't he doing 2 or three at a time? I think somewhere in the mid 60s' is a good guess.

Ross has sped up production right now. Isn't he doing 2 or three at a time? I think somewhere in the mid 60s' is a good guess.

That is a reasonable (on the low end of reasonable), though unfortunate, estimate for how many episodes he could produce by the end of the year, but, unfortunately, it is not at all a reasonable estimate for how many episodes are left in Half-Life 1.

That is a reasonable (on the low end of reasonable), though unfortunate, estimate for how many episodes he could produce by the end of the year, but, unfortunately, it is not at all a reasonable estimate for how many episodes are left in Half-Life 1.

You have to consider that the estimate was made when Ross was producing at a slower, more relaxed pace. I know he's definitely doing more than one at a time, though.

Still, Ross could take another year to do it and I wouldn't care. Complaining about more Freeman is kind of hard to do. :lol:

I really want Ross to be hired by Valve for Gordons Voice

Hes already made Freeman sound like a badass as his voice

Gordon should never speak, but I wouldn't mind Ross doing the grunts Gordon makes when he falls. Or another character (Maybe shepherd, if he's reintroduced). Even some of the combine, as long as Ross is involved somehow.

Maybe then a certain bugfix regarding .avi files from 1996 will be added to the Source engine.

Im only saying hes hilarious as Gordon, he could still do the voice of his mind so for an instance Alyx takes a look into his mind and hears Ross Narrating everything LOL!

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I really want Ross to be hired by Valve for Gordons Voice

Hes already made Freeman sound like a badass as his voice

Gordon should never speak, but I wouldn't mind Ross doing the grunts Gordon makes when he falls. Or another character (Maybe shepherd, if he's reintroduced). Even some of the combine, as long as Ross is involved somehow.

Maybe then a certain bugfix regarding .avi files from 1996 will be added to the Source engine.

Im only saying hes hilarious as Gordon, he could still do the voice of his mind so for an instance Alyx takes a look into his mind and hears Ross Narrating everything LOL!

That would be awesome.

That would be awesome.

that would technically be the voice of Freeman in some ways if you think about it so it would be good to see happen but I want one thing out of that if that would happen, Ross brings HLPrincess with him to Seattle and they have to come up to Vancouver for a vacation before going back to Poland ;)

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

That would be awesome.

that would technically be the voice of Freeman in some ways if you think about it so it would be good to see happen but I want one thing out of that if that would happen, Ross brings HLPrincess with him to Seattle and they have to come up to Vancouver for a vacation before going back to Poland ;)

OMG... :roll: Sounds scary and awesome! What a vacation trip! ;) heh

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

The voicework for #61 has been recorded, although it will take a little longer for the editing than this one did.
I'm likely taking on more than I should and I plan for the next video to be another Game Dungeon. I'm aiming to have it by the end of the month.

Hahaha.

I'm very sad that there probably won't be another for a while...

One was released yesterday?