Fallout 3 vs. TES IV: Oblivion

Fallout 3 vs. Oblivion  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Fallout 3 vs. Oblivion

• Fallout 3
    • TES IV: Oblivion

Sign in to follow this  

I think it has even better climate than F3.

In other words, FO3 is green, and NV is orange I kid, I kid.

Seriously, one of the things that pissed me off in FO3 was that annoying green tint the game had, after playing for some hours it felt like the world was too colored. And the first thing I noticed in NV was that they replaced green with orange. Thank god for modders, they fixed that in less than a day xD

It has an option you can change the color into: green, blue, orange or white. I like green. It kinda remind me of the classic series, and the first pipboy interface

That's not what I'm talking about. You're talking about the pipboy and user interface, I'm talking about the entire game.

I said "thank god for modders" because there are mods that fix this, take a look and see the difference:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/2672-1-1233937184.jpg

I get that it gives the post-apocalyptic ambiance, that we see a lot in movies, but I don't like it.

That's not what I'm talking about. You're talking about the pipboy and user interface, I'm talking about the entire game.

I said "thank god for modders" because there are mods that fix this, take a look and see the difference:

I get that it gives the post-apocalyptic ambiance, that we see a lot in movies, but I don't like it.

Oh I see thanks.

Well ok, it's your opinion. I like the post-apocalyptic ambiance anyway ^^

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Oh I see thanks.

Well ok, it's your opinion. I like the post-apocalyptic ambiance anyway ^^

I can easily see myself using it both ways... The first just looks like a slightly greener version of an Arizona sandstorm to me though.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I don't understand why people have to compare the two. They're different games with different mechanics in different settings. At least the Oblivion vs Morrowind (vs Daggerfall, sometimes) make sense because they're in the same series, though they got old a while ago, too.

I don't understand why people have to compare the two. They're different games with different mechanics in different settings. At least the Oblivion vs Morrowind (vs Daggerfall, sometimes) make sense because they're in the same series, though they got old a while ago, too.

They don't get old! Such games doesn't get old! Maybe in case of graphics.

I've played and finished both. If you'd asked me to pick between New Vegas and Oblivion, I would have had a hard time, but FO3 vs Oblivion is simple for me. Oblivion is an awesome game, with wonderful ambiance and great, detailed environments. Fallout 3 just doesn't have these. It's a desolate wasteland, and that means that it relies solely on it's shooting, characters and story, which Bethesda largely suck at. I just found it really difficult to immerse myself in FO3, whereas with Oblivion, I can ride my horse across a grassy plain, and watch the sun set across a lake.

This song basically sums it up -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1BW-Yeo6X8

New Vegas beats the pants off both of 'em, though from what I've seen I'm in a minority with that opinion. As for these two, it's a really tough call. Both games are amazing for similar and different reasons. In terms of atmosphere I think Fallout 3 was the better experience for me, with its gritty reality and unforgettable cast of characters. Granted the Capital Wasteland is not nearly as visually stunning as Cyrodill, and some locales like the DC area were a real pain to navigate. Oblivion also has the superior levelling system. The idea that you pick some base traits and then your individual skills increase as you use them is just great. It wouldn't be easy to adapt that to the Fallout games when Bethesda's trying to make them as true to the originals as possible, but it would still be pretty cool. Oblivion is also a bit daunting with its sheer number of quests, and when I try to get back into it, it's pretty hard to get things going again because my quest log is so backed up it's difficult to decide where to start. Ultimately I'd have to say I like Fallout 3 a little bit more than Oblivs.

FO3 and Oblivion was made by Bethesda, FNV was done by Obsidian! That's obvious which game it better.

FO3 and Oblivion was made by Bethesda, FNV was done by Obsidian! That's obvious which game it better.

Obsidian just improved the Fallout 3 formula, and not even by that much, nothing Bethesda couldn't do given the chance.

Yet everything says Bethesda in the game, and at the tech support site...

I think my avatar and signature says it all about which game I prefer.

Your multiple posts saying that you prefer Fallout 3 also say that, so that was kind of pointless.

So was digitally restoring Star Wars and adding new scenes but I digress.

I preferred it pre-restored...

I kinda recognize the background, but which character is that?

I kinda recognize the background, but which character is that?

Uh, I'm guessing it's the character she created?