Fallout 3 vs. TES IV: Oblivion

Fallout 3 vs. Oblivion  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Fallout 3 vs. Oblivion

• Fallout 3
    • TES IV: Oblivion

Sign in to follow this  

I've seen the cigarette one, as well as an impressive collection of ligthsabers. Oh, and the batsuit is an amazing mod as well.

Still, some of the others I've seen look like they'd be pretty fun to try out. Obviously this is impossible from an Xbox.

They don't get old! Such games doesn't get old! Maybe in case of graphics.

I was referring to the argument being old. I still play both games.

They don't get old! Such games doesn't get old! Maybe in case of graphics.

I was referring to the argument being old. I still play both games.

Okay, okay

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I should techinically like FO3 more, because it's more my style than Oblivion, but Oblivion was great and Fallout just didn't do anything for me. I actually think it kinda sucks...

I got Oblivion first and I was amazed by it, it was the first game I spent over 300 hours playing and it's a game I still play. Now when I got Fallout I was expecting to be just as amazed.. and I was for a while.... buuuuuut, it just felt like Oblivion with guns. In fact it was more like Oblivion - guild quests - fun combat - awesome side quests - varying enemy types - NPC interaction with all of the game's NPC's + guns.... that's IMHO.

I don't mind that Fallout 3 is basically Oblivion with guns because that's basically the main reason I don't like Oblivion. It has no guns. Fallout 3 is just more cathering to my personal taste.

I can probly make a gun mod for you so you can have guns in Oblivion...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I don't mind that Fallout 3 is basically Oblivion with guns because that's basically the main reason I don't like Oblivion. It has no guns. Fallout 3 is just more cathering to my personal taste.

Thanks, but no thanks. That would feel out of place in the game's setting. That's the main problem for me with the Elder Scrolls series (including Skyrim). I really can't stand fantasy settings. They feel way too cliché'd for me. I feel more at home in a post-apocalyptic setting like Fallout or dystopian setting like Deus Ex.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Thanks, but no thanks. That would feel out of place in the game's setting. That's the main problem for me with the Elder Scrolls series (including Skyrim). I really can't stand fantasy settings. They feel way too cliché'd for me. I feel more at home in a post-apocalyptic setting like Fallout or dystopian setting like Deus Ex.

Yeah, I can't wait for DX:HR either... I think the combining weapons thing is going to be awesome...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

But the gunplay sucks.

But the gunplay sucks.

Since when? I don't mind it at all.

Meh, that's your opinion I guess. I just don't find the shooting to be a particulary rewarding experience.

With the bloody mess perk activated, firing a combat shotgun at someone and watching them blow up is a very rewarding experience for me.

Heh yeah I guess that was pretty awesome