ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: THE LAST STAND

I haven't thought about Last Stand in so long. When the video started I was thinking about if you were going to cover the sequel. This was before I realized it would be impossible to talk about the first game for thirty minutes, and before I found out there were two more games than I knew of. I'll check out that third one, it looks interesting. And I don't think playing it on the site will bother me, the first time I played through Last Stand 2 was this one time I got out of 7th chorus class because most of the class was on a field trip and we had a sub. I just went to he library and played it through.

I highly recommend using the "hacked" versions... If nothing else than to make the game exactly as difficult as you want.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

http://cache.armorgames.com/files/games/the-last-stand-union-12009.swf?v=1414886848 This might help with the full screen problem since it's only the .swf of the flash game and I "think" you can get the browser to go into full screen with it. I have no experience with screen recording so I don't know if full screen browsers won't work for you as well.
This gets you the yellow screen bug you saw in the video. This game seriously fights you from going full screen.

It does let you play in near-full screen window filling mode, though, which is already way more than on the main site. So if you ever want to try it again, you may be able to enjoy it. Perhaps you can even find a way to hide the top bar(s) of your browser window and hide the taskbar temporarily, so that you get a virtual full screen.

I have to say that I did enjoy Union City quite a bit, it's well done. I think I also played The Last Stand 2, but I may not have ever played the first one. I was definitely surprised and happy to find that you covered this franchise.

Also, I'll have to admit that since I have an account on Armorgames, I did try the Dead Zone one when it first came out and have been coming back to play a bit now and again. I've never spent any money on it and am currently at about level 12 of 50. It's true that the waiting times do ruin the experience, but I never really cared all that much since I thought that Con should be able to try to make money off his game and also because I didn't think that the fuel impeded the game too much. Especially in the beginning, when you do missions you can cancel the five minute return time for free and basically run a fair amount of missions. But it's true that the game doesn't really make itself playable for a long continuous run.

One last thing on the developer: He apparently has some associates now that he develops Dead Zone with, but as someone else mentioned, he appears to have created the first three himself. And I still think that they did a pretty good job on this new one. I don't have much experience with the likes of Farmville, but I always thought that The Dead Zone stood out a bit more.

I actually like the Game Dungeon better than freeman's mind, it's nice to finally have some variety and actually hear Ross talk directly to the audience, it makes me feel like I know you better

i've used lagarith successfully on many projects with sony vegas 9/10 ... be sure to use a bugless version of lagarith ... but, i think because i'm using a 32-bit operating system, the vegas/lagarith/system combo doesn't like files above 4gb tho ...

it was actually ross' choice of using vegas for his videos that initially got me to try it, and i'm still using it with much success now ...

there are just always some nags here and there in this old fashioned computer world, which requires the constant application of the creative ingenuity muscle ...

for example after this computer is on for about 24 hours, vegas won't accept any image files until the computer is rebooted again ... i just think that computers need breaks too! :)

i've used lagarith successfully on many projects with sony vegas 9/10 ... be sure to use a bugless version of lagarith ... but, i think because i'm using a 32-bit operating system, the vegas/lagarith/system combo doesn't like files above 4gb tho ...

it was actually ross' choice of using vegas for his videos that initially got me to try it, and i'm still using it with much success now ...

there are just always some nags here and there in this old fashioned computer world, which requires the constant application of the creative ingenuity muscle ...

for example after this computer is on for about 24 hours, vegas won't accept any image files until the computer is rebooted again ... i just think that computers need breaks too! :)

I'll assume assume you're using 10E, because 10A was just bad. Half the time Vegas will open Lagarith AVIs well and half the time it refuses to open them, and I'm sure I installed the newest version, so YMMV.

Out of curiosity, how old is your computer?

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

You know, I think the version of Flash might cause horrible lag. For example, Homestar runner lags on my hex core machine, but was smooth on the lab computers at my college years ago. It might be that an older version would be lag free.

Finally, I was going to include a joke about Candy Corn Oreo cookies, but found out at the last minute that South Park had also, so I decided to scrap it. This isn't the first time this has happened. I also had an idea for a Civil Protection episode involving Cthulhu and an offshore oil rig that they also beat me on.

But reality rejected your refusal to do the same thing as South Park: Last night's South Park episode ‘Freemium’ made a lot of fun of micropay games, much alike the ‘The Last Stand: Dead Zone’ segment in this review.

Ross, I know that you probably have plenty of games to cover, but are you willing to accept donations to purchase new games? Or maybe gifts? Some deals in Steam offer licenses pack to offer as gift to friend. I'd love to play CS with the real voice of the original fake Freeman.

It's either that or give me your mailing address so I can sent you cookies or some other gift. I'm not a stalker. I promise :lol:

sudo make me a sandwich

-My scratch disk has already been pointing to the SSD, my GPU is overkill for Premiere, the previews aren't the problem, it's the streaming of the sheer amount of data. For example, the last episode was around 330GB uncompressed to open in Premiere. It loads completely fine off the SSD, but then I don't have a lot of extra room for additional capturing with that, it's a real juggling act. I don't know anything about speedgrade, I'm not sure that exists in CS5.

[\quote]

I don't know what else to say right now. Props for dealing with it at least. I'm interested to see what you find works for you. I have to admit, 300GB is pretty large. I find instability only when dealing with single files larger than 32GB ( I usually split after 4-8GB to avoid problems) (2x My Ram amount) so the fact that it even works somewhat for you is impressive.

Techdude

I'm not saying you should or should not, but weren't you going to do a follow up piece after 10 game dungeons?

I'll assume assume you're using 10E, because 10A was just bad. Half the time Vegas will open Lagarith AVIs well and half the time it refuses to open them, and I'm sure I installed the newest version, so YMMV.

hey kingkolton9,

i have vegas 10c, apparently

and lagarithm 1.3.27.0

but it also works on vegas 9 without problems

this computer is a q6600 from around 2008 i believe

still running the same operating system (xp-32)

i even replaced the motherboard in 2013 with an identical one to preserve the operating system :P

hey kingkolton9,

i have vegas 10c, apparently

and lagarithm 1.3.27.0

but it also works on vegas 9 without problems

this computer is a q6600 from around 2008 i believe

still running the same operating system (xp-32)

i even replaced the motherboard in 2013 with an identical one to preserve the operating system :P

My computer's less than 1 year old, but it's running 8.1, so that may be it. I really think SCS should do a complete re-write of Vegas. It's more of a tower of duct tape than the Source engine.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

My computer's less than 1 year old, but it's running 8.1, so that may be it. I really think SCS should do a complete re-write of Vegas. It's more of a tower of duct tape than the Source engine.

yeah, some things were definitely not built to last ...

i tend to find some things that actually work, and stick with them as long as i can ... :)

yet i'm affraid that eventually all things change ...

Subs added!

Thanks for making Subtitles Compendium! (I have to ask... is it complete as for today or you keep on supplementing it?)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

it was actually ross' choice of using vegas for his videos that initially got me to try it
I've only tried Vegas once or twice, I've been using Premiere since pretty much the second episode of Civil Protection. I just know it's a decent contender in video editing.

Ross, I know that you probably have plenty of games to cover, but are you willing to accept donations to purchase new games? Or maybe gifts? Some deals in Steam offer licenses pack to offer as gift to friend. I'd love to play CS with the real voice of the original fake Freeman.

It's either that or give me your mailing address so I can sent you cookies or some other gift. I'm not a stalker. I promise

Sure, I take gifts, though please don't send me a box of live bugs like your link or something equally awful. As for games, I seriously have had no time for any games besides what you see in the videos lately, so a lack of games to play is really not my problem right now.

I have to admit, 300GB is pretty large
Well that's the size of the final clip, the reality is I was working with 2.5TB of raw files before editing it down.

I'm not saying you should or should not, but weren't you going to do a follow up piece after 10 game dungeons?
Yeah I intend to, but these zombies keep coming.

I posted your questions on Reddit and got a reply. Here are the links.

Doesn't quite solve the problem, but he definitely gives me some more stuff I can try for experiments, thanks.