ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: THE LAST STAND

Well that's the size of the final clip, the reality is I was working with 2.5TB of raw files before editing it down.

Jesus! That's absolutely massive! I mean, I know it's uncompressed AVIs and all, but that's huge. What's the largest amount of raw files you've ever worked with?

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

Well shit. I've worked with pretty big files before but not that much in one go. Though I once accidentally filled up my hard drive when I forgot to turn off a screen recorder.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I only have that much space total... Best I've ever worked with was 1TB video rip from a blu-ray.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Well that's the size of the final clip, the reality is I was working with 2.5TB of raw files before editing it down.

Jesus! That's absolutely massive! I mean, I know it's uncompressed AVIs and all, but that's huge. What's the largest amount of raw files you've ever worked with?

That might have been it actually. The Strife footage was pretty large, but my shots were more concise, with The Last Stand I had multiple sessions where I just recorded my game sessions and edited it down from that.

The thing is, uncompressed RGB footage comes to about 10.42GB per minute of footage (at 30fps). It's absolutely massive and it can be a hassle to work with. This is kind of why I want to find lossless compression that editors can work with. It's also another reason I'm dreading the thought of 60fps for Game Dungeon, but hopefully I'll figure out something if the results end up looking better for that.

As for my storage, I use an eSATA dock that I can just plug hard drives in like they're game cartridges. After I received the donation money, I bought two more 2TB drives just to be able to handle more of the load.

How much are you wanting to use the lossless video? Several times I've done some light lossy compression on video before editing (I can't remember which codecs though) and truth to be told I can't exactly tell the difference. (On the other hand there's my terrible eyesight though.)

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

My main concern is trying to preserve the color from the source on my monitor to what people will see on Youtube. As soon as I get some more time I'm going to do more experimentation. I've also read that the colorspace spec will actually change for Youtube depending on what browser you're in (or whether it's using Flash or HTML5). That's definitely a huge consideration also.

Well, I can say that the HD files on YouTube are MP4 (AVC, format profile [email protected]) in the YUV 4:2:0 colorspace. (that's the files irrespective of the HTML5 or Flash presentation)

Now that's not saying they don't transcode for different presenters, but those are the only HD files present. (HD = anything 480p or higher, and most 360p)

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0">

People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

13 hours ago, Medara said:

I know this is on old thread, but hopefully someone will see this. It seems the most recent version of Union City on Armor games is playable offline and standalone. It also includes the previously "premium" content. I played through the whole game offline in the most recent version of flash standalone. http://cache.armorgames.com/files/games/the-last-stand-union-12009.swf

Cheers, rewatched this video recently and the last time I played through union city was when it was brand new and I've been wanting to try it in full screen fully supported.

Also found that KillahMo has as of 2018 uploaded the full Zombie Panic Source OST to steam music. I do reccomend giving it a listen since not included in the video is my favourite track from it: 'Chapel of Unrest.'

Just bought the collection on Steam. Works well so far. Though, I do wish they took a few steps to add Workshop support or something to breath some more life into the games. 

On 7/16/2021 at 12:50 AM, 247-0006-0001 said:

Just bought the collection on Steam. Works well so far. Though, I do wish they took a few steps to add Workshop support or something to breath some more life into the games. 

Did they fix the slow down that ruins most of these old flash games?

On 7/20/2021 at 5:28 AM, AdamSpeg said:

Did they fix the slow down that ruins most of these old flash games?

Not from what the reviews mention. Basically, it has AI upscaled art assets on the exact same game, complete with all the original bugs, plus a few more.

For some reason, every single time I rewatch this review, around 7:50 Ross makes the comment "This game might be hard for newcomers"
and every single time I hear that line, my brain kicks into autocomplete and I just think the sentence is going to be "This game might be hard for newcomers, but then again so is beef"
I'm usually just to confused after hearing that it isn't that, and I just forget what he actually said.

Was this a statement ever said in a video, ever, or am I just going crazy.