Rate the quote above you.

10/10 Bill Bailey is wonderful, and man, the song he plays after that quote!

"I think God just got sick of that 70s excess. That's why he invented the Sex Pistols." - Hughie, from the movie 'Still Crazy' (played by Billy Connolly)

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

7/10

"Grrrrowr rowwwwr grooorr rorrrwr awrrr-awr-awr!" - Chewbacca

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

10/10, definitely on the same intellectual plateau as Hobbes, De Montaigne, Zizek... :3

"I think it's one of the scars in our culture that we have too high an opinion of ourselves. We align ourselves with the angels instead of the higher primates." - Angela Carter

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

6/10

"Be not as think as you drunk you are.

Live free or die (or run away, or whatever seems best at the moment)." - Placard of Wisdom

7/10 - I feel like you can only understand this drunk. XP

"Arstotzka is smarter country than that! You cannot get in with your shitty haircut..." -Jacksepticeye at border control.

Cause, why not. :P

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

8/10, seems like a legit way of running a country... ;p

"Man has, as it were, become a kind of prosthetic god. When he puts on all his auxiliary organs he is truly magnificent; but those organs have not grown on to him and they still give him much trouble at times." - Sigmund Freud

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

6/10 It's Freud, why would I rate it higher? (I will never exceed a 7 for any psychiatrist's psychobabble about how man has become 'god')

"He's come to a sticky end

Don't think he will ever mend

Never more will he crawl 'round

He's embedded in the ground

Boris the spider" - John Entwistle

8/10, whilst I'm more a Gregory Woods or Czesław Miłosz kind of guy in regards to poetry, I'm not so much of a snob that I can't appreciate something that actually rhymes! ;p

6/10 It's Freud, why would I rate it higher? (I will never exceed a 7 for any psychiatrist's psychobabble about how man has become 'god')

That's unfortunate, because I'd estimate about 90% of the quotes I'll probably post here are going to be like this... :3

~

"Throw a lucky man into water and he'll surface with a fish in his mouth." - Julian Tuwim

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

8/10, whilst I'm more a Gregory Woods or Czesław Miłosz kind of guy in regards to poetry, I'm not so much of a snob that I can't appreciate something that actually rhymes! ;p

Of course it rhymes, it was a very early song by The Who, written by the bass guitarist.

That's unfortunate, because I'd estimate about 90% of the quotes I'll probably post here are going to be like this... :3

How unfortunate... Oh well.

"Throw a lucky man into water and he'll surface with a fish in his mouth." - Julian Tuwim

7/10

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

- Mark Twain

9/10, can't argue with Twain.

"I'll slash my body all over. I'll tattoo myself. I want to be as ugly as a Mongol; you'll see. I'll scream in the streets." - Rimbaud, Delirium I - The Foolish Virgin

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

1/10

That's offensive to me. trololololololol

There are two types of Vice Presidents, doormats and matadors.

- Frank Underwood

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

5/10 Still haven't decided if he's a truly evil character, or just completely deluded.

"I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life." - Corazon Aquino

6/10, not bad. Though personally I think dying for a cause or for simple poetic justice is overrated.

"I have no conscience at all - least of all an artistic conscience. All I have is nerves." - Ryūnosuke Akutagawa

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Meh/Hmmm... Most accurate rating I can give. I can't seem to find any context for the quote, (and it so badly needs it) so it falls off my 'interesting' scale quite rapidly.

“Abandoned babies are unfortunate unwanted results of a once urgent desire to have an orgasm” - David Cross

8/10 icon_lol.gif Harsh but funny.

"Transgression does not deny the taboo but transcends and completes it." - George Bataille

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

8/10

“There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.”

-Sir Francis Drake

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

6/10

I'm slightly suspicious that due to Drake's involvement in some morally indefensible endeavours (was yielding "true glory" his lofty aim during his slave trading excursions?) this quote was more of an excuse than some higher-minded sentiment. The Tudors were undeniably great rhetoricians though.

"Grief is a wanderer who visits many, bringing always the same gift." - Aeschylus, Prometheus Unbound

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

7/10

And I only used that quote because in all honesty it is better than his quote from his ring

OT: I did not foretell all what happened for I knew I would not be believed - Marco Polo on his Death bed in 1324

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

10/10, that's badass. Succinct without being one-dimensional.

"The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." - Rabindranath Tagore

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

10/10, that's badass. Succinct without being one-dimensional.

"The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." - Rabindranath Tagore

Very unique 10/10

"All men dream - but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."

— T.E. Lawrence "Lawrence of Arabia" May 12th 1935 (the day before his motorcyle accident 81 years ago)