Rate the quote above you.

9/10 - Very interesting, I myself always said that I hate the Catholic church, being a Protestant. This got me thinking though- can you send me a PM explaining it? (Don't want to turn this thread into a discussion)

The wisest of all, in my opinion, is he who can, if only once a month, call himself a fool — a faculty unheard of nowadays.

-Fyodor Dostoyevski

9/10, self-effacement is the key to the fine art of not being a massive jeff.

"Teaching art, and making art, is always sooner or later about coming to terms with one's own ignorance." - Barry Schwabsky, The Perpetual Guest

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

8/10. It starts off optimistic sounding but it's just realistic.

"There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true."

Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

6/10, I've read that quote often before and it honestly still baffles me. Which isn't to say that it's a bad quote per se, but I'm afraid it doesn't quite achieve higher marks from me because rather than being impressed by the brevity of Churchill's wit, the part of my brain that demands explanations simply responds with an internal "wut?".

"Barbarism is not the inheritance of our prehistory. It is the companion that dogs our every step." - Alain Finkielkraut

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

6/10, I've read that quote often before and it honestly still baffles me. Which isn't to say that it's a bad quote per se, but I'm afraid it doesn't quite achieve higher marks from me because rather than being impressed by the brevity of Churchill's wit, the part of my brain that demands explanations simply responds with an internal "wut?".

"Barbarism is not the inheritance of our prehistory. It is the companion that dogs our every step." - Alain Finkielkraut

8/10, it's pretty true and I like the guy's last name.

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

10/10, icon_lol.gif

"Sometimes it feels like the best business model for a start-up is to make just enough game to get onto Early Access and never plan on finishing the thing. It's cheaper and easier to make the first quarter of the game than the last 10%, and you can make a decent chunk of money with less risk doing that than committing to the full thing. Not over and over, people aren't that dumb but... when you combine this with the continued race to the bottom in terms of how much people are prepared to pay for media, you've got a pretty toxic combination." - Dan Pinchbeck, creative director at The Chinese Room (Excerpt from an article titled Is this the Indiepocalypse? games™ Magazine)

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

10/10, icon_lol.gif

"Sometimes it feels like the best business model for a start-up is to make just enough game to get onto Early Access and never plan on finishing the thing. It's cheaper and easier to make the first quarter of the game than the last 10%, and you can make a decent chunk of money with less risk doing that than committing to the full thing. Not over and over, people aren't that dumb but... when you combine this with the continued race to the bottom in terms of how much people are prepared to pay for media, you've got a pretty toxic combination."[/i] - Dan Pinchbeck, creative director at The Chinese Room (Excerpt from an article titled Is this the Indiepocalypse? games™ Magazine)

I give it 20 points because it has 124 words in 6 sentences. Worthy of an executive summary, although uses ad hominem.

"Sade tell me

what is it that you seek?

The rightness of wrong

The virtue of vice

Sade tell me why the Gospel of evil ?

What is your religion? Where are your faithful?

If you are against God, you are against man

Sade tell me why blood for pleasure?

Pleasure without love?

Is there no longer any feeling in man's Faith?

Sade are you diabolical or divine?"

How on earth did I forget about this thread?

@ Woah G: Are these lyrics? If so I'm afraid not familiar with the band or song in question. I quite like that it's seemingly putting Sadeian philosophy under scrutiny but I'm picking up a faintly evangelical tone of disapproval too, I'd have prefered something more rigorously critical. The arrangement is nice though so it can claw back a few points for that. I'll give it a 6/10.

~

"The fact that modern women are frustrated by being forced to choose between being an Athena ̶ an intellectual, asexual career woman ̶ or an Aphrodite ̶ a frivolous sex object ̶ or a respectable wife-mother like Hera shows that Greek goddesses continue to be archetypes for female existence. If the characteristics of the major goddesses were combined, a whole being with unlimited potential for development ̶ a female equivalent of Zeus or Apollo ̶ would emerge." - Sarah B. Pomeroy, Goddesses, Whores, Wives & Slaves

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

7/10]Basically I agree with it, but then why all the padding? Just say women are subject to weird double standards and be done with!

If heavy metal bands ruled the world, we'd be a lot better off. - Bruce Dickinson

7/10

"Lionel Hutz, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous!"

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

6/10 - I think the delivery is what would make that line, and you don't really get it from just reading it.

I read this one while writing my paper about homelessness and I found it a pretty good description:

"The passersby see three more plague victims. Deep down everybody knows that nobody is telling the truth about this plague. Nobody knows whom it selects and how. And so everywhere is a fear of infection."

-King: A Street Story by John Berger

b85.png

Ed/Boy

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin charge here."

8/10, can't argue with that logic... :3

"Yet how exhausting it is to be constantly desiring. We soon aspire to pleasure without the quest, to a blissful state without beginning or end, where beauty would no longer be an aim or a project but the very proof of our nature. And that state is art. For art is emotion without desire." - Muriel Barbery, The Elegance of the Hedgehog

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

8/10 Why do I get the feeling it's the first line spoken in a video game review to a shitty game, to showcase the contrast? Like with Sonic 06?

"Helping others always comes before asking others for help" - King Mickey (Kingdom Hearts 2)

8/10, simple, but the sentiment is perfectly sound.

"It is more vital to study men than books." - La Rochefoucauld

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

A+/10

Blood follow'd, but immortal; ichor pure,

Such as the blest inhabitants of heav'n

May bleed, nectareous; for the Gods eat not

Man's food, nor slake as he with sable wine

Their thirst, thence bloodless and from death exempt. †

† We are not to understand that the poet ascribes the immortality of the Gods to their abstinence from the drink and food of man, for most animals partake of neither, but the expression is elliptic and requires to be supplied thus—They drink not wine but nectar, eat not the food of mortals, but ambrosia; thence it is that they are bloodless and from death exempt.

7/10

Sounds like a chant someone (or a group of people) would say to summon someone/thing.

"If you have a dream, don't wait. Act." - Axel (KH2)

8/10

"If you fall down from the horse,you should get up and ride back on that horse. Don't hate it for its clumsiness. That would make you a bad owner."

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

9/10 - Very relatable (strange how 'relatable' is a word, is spelled correctly, but still gets the red squiggly)

[on the ship's intercom] This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode. (Serenity)