Blu-Ray / DVD of the full Freeman's Mind?

would anyone else love to see a Blu-Ray and DVD collection of every Freeman's mind episode? it could be pretty easily edited together i imagine and it could be sold by Accursed farms! it would be awesome to be able to support Ross by buying that and with (fingers crossed) the series ending soon it would be amazing right?

I was just wondering what other people think about this because i'm pretty excited about the series ending and such.

I would so buy that. It would have to be a few DVD's (Currently the series clocks in at around 8 hours so you would need at least a 4 DVD set and possibly 5 or even 6 by the time this thing is done) but it would be so worth it (As long as they do not charge the Australia tax)

would anyone else love to see a Blu-Ray and DVD collection of every Freeman's mind episode? it could be pretty easily edited together i imagine and it could be sold by Accursed farms! it would be awesome to be able to support Ross by buying that and with (fingers crossed) the series ending soon it would be amazing right?

I was just wondering what other people think about this because i'm pretty excited about the series ending and such.

Erm... Freeman's Mind cannot be sold on DVDs. Half-Life and all its assets belong to VALVe and it cannot be distributed like that for money. Ross talked about this some time ago, as I remember.

But if you want to support Ross, you can always make a donation. Link is on the website. ;)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Yeah, I can't sell DVDs of Freeman's Mind, I'm sorry. I plan to get the download links of all the episodes updated at some point, you can download all of them for free except the most recent ones. I've been prioritizing getting more videos out, but I'll try to make time for it sometime December.

Shame I forgot most of what I knew about DVD authoring, 'cause otherwise I'd make a DVD set and put it up with torrenting.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Yeah, I can't sell DVDs of Freeman's Mind, I'm sorry. I plan to get the download links of all the episodes updated at some point, you can download all of them for free except the most recent ones. I've been prioritizing getting more videos out, but I'll try to make time for it sometime December.

Oh that's too bad.

I assume that if you can't, I certainly cant?

Shame I forgot most of what I knew about DVD authoring, 'cause otherwise I'd make a DVD set and put it up with torrenting.

I can, but I'm waiting for non-youtube copies, and the entire series. I'd be doing both 4.7GB and 8.1GB DVD images, as well as the full series in the downloaded file format. (kinda like the torrents I already have up)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Although there's no real point in a Blu-Ray or DVD, I support this project for the simple reason that I'd love someone to smooth out transitions between the Freeman's Mind episodes so I could watch them as a single movie instead of a chopped-up series. At least, when HL1's done, that is. :)

Although there's no real point in a Blu-Ray or DVD, I support this project for the simple reason that I'd love someone to smooth out transitions between the Freeman's Mind episodes so I could watch them as a single movie instead of a chopped-up series. At least, when HL1's done, that is. :)

It's pretty easy to do that in iMovie. It takes a while, that's all, and the tediousness increases for every clip you want to make into a full movie. I guess you'd just need to delete the Freeman head intros... maybe keep one of each alteration, and maybe kill the video but keep the audio for the stingers (The lines Freeman says during the accursed farm logos.)

Would be even easier if the intros were uniform- I believe the ones that just had freeman's head were.

It's pretty easy to do that in iMovie. It takes a while, that's all, and the tediousness increases for every clip you want to make into a full movie. I guess you'd just need to delete the Freeman head intros... maybe keep one of each alteration, and maybe kill the video but keep the audio for the stingers (The lines Freeman says during the accursed farm logos.)

Would be even easier if the intros were uniform- I believe the ones that just had freeman's head were.

It'd be much harder if you did what I really wanted, and shot new footage in Half-Life: Source to smooth the episode transitions, so the video only cuts out when it makes sense (when Freeman goes to sleep, for instance).

It'd be much harder if you did what I really wanted, and shot new footage in Half-Life: Source to smooth the episode transitions, so the video only cuts out when it makes sense (when Freeman goes to sleep, for instance).

That would also remove quite a lot of extremely good content as well.

That would also remove quite a lot of extremely good content as well.

No, Ross's lines would still be there. There just wouldn't be a fade to black over them.

Except that most of them wouldn't work well without the fade to black, and the break.

Except that most of them wouldn't work well without the fade to black, and the break.

So... Delete every freeman head intro except the first, and simply delete the video (but keep the audio) for the credits scene. I could do that pretty easily.

Instead of cutting off the bits, the clips can have chapter points added at the relevant places, then you can have a GPRM flag set to either play whole clips or skip over the unwanted chapters. That would be fairly easy to do...

Regards

its a cool concept but i dont know if it would be possible unless valve would give the go ahead

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Instead of cutting off the bits, the clips can have chapter points added at the relevant places, then you can have a GPRM flag set to either play whole clips or skip over the unwanted chapters. That would be fairly easy to do...

Yup. That was my plan.

its a cool concept but i dont know if it would be possible unless valve would give the go ahead

Already discussed the legality of selling DVDs... In otherwords: Can't.

If someone would trouble themselves with encoding the assets (audio and video to DVD specs - see below) I can do the authoring. We can then put the compiled VIDEO_TS on torrent. If we don't charge anything for that then it will be no different than FM being available for download or on Youtube and I doubt Valve will complain...

Regards

P.S. The relevant DVD specs:

Video - 720x480 29.97fps. This is the same for both 4:3 and 16:9 material. Recommend VBR at 5000kbps, 12 frames per GOP, open GOPs are OK.

Audio - 2 channels at 48kHz, 16bit. Either LPCM at 1536kbps (I will encode then) or AC3 at 224kbps, if the latter - recommend using WAV2AC3 default settings for encoding.