Blu-Ray / DVD of the full Freeman's Mind?

I made VHS releases of episodes 1-32 once. A BD could also work. The SD episodes could all be converted into .m2ts files (The resolution for episodes 1-16 might suffer though. I think BD is only compliant to SD resolutions up to PAL), same with the HD ones. I think the entire series could actually fit on just one 25gb disc.

A Kung-Fu Master, Thomas and Silvia were suddenly attacked by several unknown guys.

If someone would trouble themselves with encoding the assets (audio and video to DVD specs - see below) I can do the authoring. We can then put the compiled VIDEO_TS on torrent. If we don't charge anything for that then it will be no different than FM being available for download or on Youtube and I doubt Valve will complain...

Regards

P.S. The relevant DVD specs:

Video - 720x480 29.97fps. This is the same for both 4:3 and 16:9 material. Recommend VBR at 5000kbps, 12 frames per GOP, open GOPs are OK.

Audio - 2 channels at 48kHz, 16bit. Either LPCM at 1536kbps (I will encode then) or AC3 at 224kbps, if the latter - recommend using WAV2AC3 default settings for encoding.

It takes about 15 minutes to set up and encode that with ConvertXtoDVD... I have ConvertXtoDVD...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It takes about 15 minutes to set up and encode that with ConvertXtoDVD... I have ConvertXtoDVD...

Can it produce elementary streams (video and audio, in separate files each)? That would be ideal.

Regards

I think it can, but it isn't necessary for 99.999% of players.

What about audio only, like a little best-of sound clip commemorative CD? We are going to be old some day.

I think it can, but it isn't necessary for 99.999% of players.

Yes, by the time it gets to the player it is all remuxed but for authoring the best is to have separate streams.

Otherwise the authoring software has to break them apart as it must re-packetise everything, add Nav packs, set chapters, Rew and FFwd points, subpictures, etc, then multiplex everything again.

Regards

Wouldn't matter... All I'm doing is combining the episodes, and putting them on a DVD image.

It wouldn't be a single DVD, it would be a set of several DVDs.