FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 64

FM64.jpg

(Downloadable copy will be up later)

More Freeman's Mind! I originally thought this would be a faster episode, but while recording the demo, I discovered an area I never even knew existed, which I think was the intended way to finish this level. As many people know, you can simply jump in the pits as a shortcut, but that's trickier to pull off. In terms of the atmosphere, I think this has some of the best level design in the game; I like the claustrophobic feel contrasted with the open area, all of which manages to make the level seem bigger than it is. There's not too much else in the way of news. Right now for me every day is Freeman day. More episodes coming!

LINK TO COMMENTS

Good episode as always! Those haters are gonna rue the day they told you you wouldn't finish by the end of the year. I want to believe

Man knows little.

whoa, that took week and a day or even less! thats speed! real speed!

Also, again excellent episode, loved the subtle reference to far cry 3 almost as much as i enjoyed reference to tiberian dawn in last one.

so, if my memory doesnt decieve me, you only have caves and big boss battle left. a question though- will you make .5 episode in regards of HL ending choice? i mean eventually

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

An average episode, but very nice as always, Ross. I heard the Nihilanth this time, maybe Gordon will mention the crystals or the mantarays next time. The fear of heights moment was GREAT, however I believe Gordon is begining to get more accustomed to Xen, maybe that will make him think about the posible science behind the place and see what crazy theories arise the environment in the place attracted his attention maybe a less hellish situation will sufice in the next area.

Also, again excellent episode, loved the subtle reference to far cry 3 almost as much as i enjoyed reference to tiberian dawn in last one.
I haven't played either one, what did I reference?

ok, so it was gamer-me understanding them wrong. In this episode, insanity talk reminded me of Far cry 3 Vaas's talk of insanity and in last one (if i remember correctly, too lazy to rewatch it at moment), you seemed referring to GDI commando line "i got a present for ya" (part where 5(?) c4 charges were thrown under gonarch)

also, c&c tiberian dawn was the game that boosted RTS games on market (dune 2 invented, c&c perfected... until EA took over). 1995 game, freeware for years now

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Vaas from Far Cry 3 is more or less known for having a rant at one point starting with "Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?" and then going on about that insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n_1zsCVBxw

Happens about half-way through the game.

ok, so it was gamer-me understanding them wrong. In this episode, insanity talk reminded me of Far cry 3 Vaas's talk of insanity and in last one (if i remember correctly, too lazy to rewatch it at moment), you seemed referring to GDI commando line "i got a present for ya" (part where 5(?) c4 charges were thrown under gonarch)

also, c&c tiberian dawn was the game that boosted RTS games on market (dune 2 invented, c&c perfected... until EA took over). 1995 game, freeware for years now

The definition of insanity came from Einstein, Also there have been so many games, movies, tv shows, etc. it's pretty much impossible NOT to say something that hasn't already been said before, you should automatically assume nothing is a reference unless it's an exact quote

The definition of insanity came from Einstein, Also there have been so many games, movies, tv shows, etc. it's pretty much impossible NOT to say something that hasn't already been said before, you should automatically assume nothing is a reference unless it's an exact quote
Yeah, that's what I associated it with, although it's not accurate:

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/03/9-albert-einstein-quotes-that-are-totally-fake/

meh, like i said, gamer brain... not my proudest moment

YAY!!! I'm still insane!!! (no doubt in my mind that I ever wasn't)

Not your best episode, but not your worst. Very enjoyable. (and so was your worst)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It was an average episode. Which is still funny by most standards, don't get me wrong. Favorite bit:

"The shower fucking sucks."

Second favorite bit would be how Freeman casually shot that Vort in the cave with just slight annoyance. I laughed pretty hard at his non-reaction, for some reason. It's like he's completely unfazed by all the heavily armed HEV-suited corpses he keeps seeing around Xen.

I'm kinda surprised Freeman isn't at all worried about alien diseases, or concerned about the "air" he's breathing. If I were him I'd try and figure out the reasoning behind the geometry in this place, or how the teleportation works. Maybe how evolution plays a role here.

Nevertheless. Awesome episode. But I will say, I may have heard a mouse click behind one of the pieces of dialogue. I think when he's descending the platforms.

I never knew that there was a tunnel underneath the island to get to the rotating platforms. It took me 10 tries to get up there.

Forget about unknown variables, Einstein's description of insanity fits very well with his initial rejection of quantum mechanics.

Of course, he later had to admit that he was wrong in that regard as quantum mechanics were, well, proven true. I wouldn't blame him though, quantum mechanics really must have seemed insane at the time. This is probably what Freeman had in mind at the end: everything being fucking insane would be akin for quantum mechanics being universal.

I'm kinda surprised Freeman isn't at all worried about alien diseases

Toxins and infestations (even intracorporeal ones) are one thing, but infectious diseases of alien origin are an improbability: no living antigen (or virus or prion) will kill you if it hasn't evolved to your biology.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delacroix

Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.

Subs up!

EDIT: I'd have to say my favorite part in this episode is entering the cave and shooting the vortigaunt as it was charging up, and Gordon says, "Shut up." I do that a lot in my real life.

Not shooting vortigaunts, but if something is making noise and I don't want it to make noise, when I turn it off (such as my stove fan), I say, "Shut up" to it almost identically to how Ross said it here.

Brought a big laugh to me the first time I heard it.