FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 64

I'm impressed with the progress... and infinitely pissed that i didnt have to deal with the red springboards of hell. Like you I had no idea that was there.

I never knew that there was a tunnel underneath the island to get to the rotating platforms. It took me 10 tries to get up there.

I usually skip the platforms alltogether and just get onto a Manta Ray right away from the hill you're apparently supposed to go into (as it is JUST enough to get onto two of the nearest ones)

but while recording the demo, I discovered an area I never even knew existed,

I've seen a few people play Half-Life for the first time, and only one of them ever found the underground passage. (Ironically, it was the guy whom I told about it, but who only got the message a moment after he'd stumbled on it. Go figure.)

which I think was the intended way to finish this level.

It definitely feels as if it's the "canonical" way, if you know what I mean. But the mere presence of those pits that are undeniably designed to provide a shortcut up implies in my mind that both ways are intended.

I never knew that there was a tunnel underneath the island to get to the rotating platforms. It took me 10 tries to get up there.
I'm impressed with the progress... and infinitely pissed that i didnt have to deal with the red springboards of hell. Like you I had no idea that was there.

More evidence of just how obscure that passage is, despite being literally around the corner. Not that I was any better at finding it when I played initially, but why is it so hard to notice?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Hey Ross, I had a bit of an idea that I think might be kinda cool.

Either before, or in the beginning of the last episode of Freeman's Mind (at least the HL1 season), you could run a "Last time on Freeman's Mind" segment showing highlights of the series, with the entirety of Military Precision playing in the background.

I don't know why, but I was listening to Military Precision and thought that hearing the music beyond the "Womp womp, PEW" part would really give a feeling of finality to the episode. You feel me?

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

All the world's a stage, and we're all just sick bastards laughing at Gordon Freeman.

Yea, we like being sick bastards :lol:

I like Tyrian...and stuff.

awesome as always Ross

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

More evidence of just how obscure that passage is, despite being literally around the corner. Not that I was any better at finding it when I played initially, but why is it so hard to notice?

I think it's because those red springboards of hell are so attention-grabbing, we assume that's what the devs wanted us to do, and we do it. I usually explore the shit out of game areas, but it just seemed to be a massive zone of those red springboards, so I shrugged and used them.

This episode came out so quick I had to comment on here again finally haha

Awesome job, Ross :) the end of an era approaches

I think I remember taking that underground route once ever (possibly on my first playthrough). Somehow I just forgot about it and thought I had to use those things to fling myself up onto one of the platforms.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I never even tried going in them because I just assumed they would kill you.

Oh, they will. You see, they don't work very well in the first place. Often when you're inside one and it activates, you don't go anywhere because the valve is not fully open or you're not standing in just the right spot. Meanwhile, it does a bit of damage to you about once every half second. You might end up dropping into single-digit health by the time you actually make it into the air. And then, of course, they each shoot you up with different forces, so you have to find the right one. And even when you do, you still have to have had the luck to get the right timing, and you have to maneuver in the right way while flying through the air to land on a platform that is close enough to the peak of your jump, or you'll go splat.

I'll take the underground, thank you very much. Or maybe jump onto one of the Mantas when first entering the area, as someone else suggested.

You just know it's going to go down like this.

December 31st: last Freeman's Mind episode is released.

January 1st: Half Life 3 announced.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

January 2nd: Second coming of Christ

January 2nd: Second coming of Christ

Damnit... Now it WON'T happen... Quite expecting it already so He can get here!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

No way, I'm making sure I can get it out in any scenario. I'm budgeting enough time so that even if my computer dies I can be back up and finish it before the end of the year. I'm not going to push it to the 31st unless something has already gone wrong.

No way, I'm making sure I can get it out in any scenario. I'm budgeting enough time so that even if my computer dies I can be back up and finish it before the end of the year. I'm not going to push it to the 31st unless something has already gone wrong.

Oooooh, ambitious. So that's like, what, an episode every 3 days now? There's like six episodes worth of material left, and this episode was released on the 11th. Should we be expecting another one on the 14th? I've never seen you to have this kind of production rate.