Battle of the Minds

Yeah. The title pretty much says it all, can you describe how Freeman's Mind is better than every other mind in your own way? We all should know it's the best, no doubt, but discuss it. Which other Mind series is 2nd best, and do you prefer them to the other ones?

For me, it's pretty much just the way they act. I should name this "Compliment Ross" because that's pretty much what we'd do. O.k, Freeman's Mind has amazing acting, like Hollywood style, but better. He has natural reactions, tones, and ideas. Well, natural reactions and tones. The sound quality and jokes are great, amazing, fantasticalsuperawesomeepicness. The other minds just don't compare.

My second favorite is Barney's Mind, because it is rather funny, especially the first episode, where he tied in Freeman's Mind, because he was supposedly the guy who Freeman yelled "Suckerrrr!!!!" at.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I have yet to watch any of those other minds. I am kind of afraid they just won't be that good, but i will try them out sometime.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For me, it's pretty much just the way they act. I should name this "Compliment Ross" because that's pretty much what we'd do. O.k, Freeman's Mind has amazing acting, like Hollywood style, but better. He has natural reactions, tones, and ideas. Well, natural reactions and tones. The sound quality and jokes are great, amazing, fantasticalsuperawesomeepicness. The other minds just don't compare.

I can't argue here.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Freeman's Mind is at least original, and usually much more planned out and professional. Barney's Mind, frankly, just pissed me off when it first started. The first few episodes literally had lines ripped off from FM (he re-recorded the first few episodes, they're a bit better now, still not the greatest imo). I do however, really enjoy Shephard's Mind.

FM is still by far my favourite, though.

The glass is never half empty because I drink out of the carton.

Freeman's Mind is at least original, and usually much more planned out and professional. Barney's Mind, frankly, just pissed me off when it first started. The first few episodes literally had lines ripped off from FM (he re-recorded the first few episodes, they're a bit better now, still not the greatest imo). I do however, really enjoy Shephard's Mind.

I think both of us have pretty much the same opinion there. I've stopped watching Barney's Mind. That says it all. While I respect his attempts at making a decent tie-in with FM, it felt like he tried to be like Ross Scott a lot of the time. Shepard's Mind (with the suggestive abbreviation "SM", lol) is indeed the most enjoyable next to FM.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Topic has been moved to Freeman's Mind forum

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

YOU STOLE MY KILL!

YOU STOLE MY KILL!

DEAL-WITH-IT.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Gabe-Newell

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Mind your own business I say.

This thread has some mindless fanboyism in here.

Alright, no more shameless puns from me... for now.

Have you guys seen this Mind trailer? It's pretty amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10c4X7bwbnU

There's a difference between ripoff and homage. In fact, the credits do make note that Barney's Mind was endorsed by Ross Scott. Also, in canon, Gordon Freeman and Barney Calhoun were actually friends at Black Mesa. Alyx made note of their competition as to who could get Kleiner into his office first when he lost his keys.

When I was making my minds series ("Kane's Mind," based on Quake 4) I tried to tip my hat to those who came before me. And yeah, I accidentally ripped off one of Ian Riley's jokes with Kane's line: "Are you dead? Stop being dead!" The original came from Riley's "Harrison's Mind," where the line was "Are you dead? Why are you dead?!" I totally forgot until a couple of days after I published it.

I compare the Minds series like I would compare the actors portraying James Bond. Ross Scott is like Connery...the original, setting the standard, and a high one at that. Ian Riley is kinda like Daniel Craig...at first glance you don't expect him to meet the standard, and then you actually see him in action and he manages to pull it off.

Seriously, the "Master Minds" actually pull off some quality work and create their own flavor. (Actually I think Ross Scott has a standing invitation to that group...either that or he's considered not so much a Master Mind as he is an Uber Mind.)

Which other Mind series is 2nd best, and why do they suck?

For me, it's pretty much just the way they act.

That's quite a strange reason to hate us, a lot of us are just overwhelmed by the publicity, and we don't know how to handle it, and we made our series because we just love Freeman's Mind and wanted to take a crack at a mind series ourselves while paying tribute to Ross' series. Is that really so horrible? It really seems that we get a lot of unnecessary hate for doing these videos. And besides, a lot of us did this to get into voice acting (myself not included), so we're not as good as Ross.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

You guys will most likely hate me for this, but I like Shephard's Mind and Freeman's Mind, more or less, equally. Barney's Mind is a close "second".

Which other Mind series is 2nd best, and why do they suck?

For me, it's pretty much just the way they act.

That's quite a strange reason to hate us, a lot of us are just overwhelmed by the publicity, and we don't know how to handle it, and we made our series because we just love Freeman's Mind and wanted to take a crack at a mind series ourselves while paying tribute to Ross' series. Is that really so horrible? It really seems that we get a lot of unnecessary hate for doing these videos. And besides, a lot of us did this to get into voice acting (myself not included), so we're not as good as Ross.

Perhaps I could have worded that better, not exactly "sucking" but not being as good. I find myself unable to ever really deviate my appreciation from an original, because the others always lack the spark of creativity that really did cause it to be such a phenomenon. It's the same with those "Tha Cliff" animations on youtube. I loved the first one, and the others took that idea but didn't capture the same flair that it has. The first time is usually the best time, and it's hard to set a new standard. I meant what I said however. Voice acting is important, but it's not that difficult on the scale I'm thinking about. I mean that you shouldn't be worried about the publicity and all, and should add more emotion to what you do. Take Chell's Mind. It's not awful, just like the others, but when Chell went into the infinite loophole with the portals, she didn't seem to freak out or have emotion, she just seemed to get nervous. What would you do if you were free falling in a space that's actually only a few feet high? I'm not gonna lie though, I've always wanted to make a Mind series too.