Battle of the Minds

Well that and you called it 'The TRUE Half Life'. You probably didn't mean it that way, but it comes off like you think Ross' series sucks and you can do a better job. I understand maybe using Half Life as a test run game to test your voice acting to put on Youtube, but ever since FM, that game should've been covered by now, and yet if you look hard enough, you can probably find six or seven more doing the exact same thing, all not very good I might add. And this isn't a knock on your show, by all means, continue it, I'm just giving what might be the 'average' response to it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

yea that's fair, just let me explain the title(its A True Half Life, pretty much meaning in of itself its not meant to be THE best), the "true" part is because since there are so many ways to die, so many threats, and pretty much constant danger, that gordon's life is pretty much a half-life.

so i decided A True Half Life was a good compromise even though i did expect people to draw the same conclusion as you did. its just supposed to be a play on valve's title, i dont have any audacity to claim i can be better than Ross. if by some freak accident, great, but my goal is to just be productive.

Edit: i'm also doing the same game as Ross because its the only "silent protagonist" game i have played and that i have much experience in, i've only played through HL2 once and the episodes were only played halfway through.

edit 2: besides it's bullshit that people are comparing my series to Ross' work, when doing that will obviously make my show seem like shit, comparing jokes, execution, whatever. i know its unavoidable, But i wish it wasn't compared to FM in ANY way.

Well, that's kinda unavoidable, especially with so many idiots on YouTube. Thanks for explaining the meaning and everything, but you'd have to put some serious thought into it to draw THAT conclusion (or tak to the creator like I just did haha) I figure if you want the show to continue, to consider copying and pasting that or something like that on the description. There are still people who never read Youtube video decriptions (idiots I might add) so they might still not get it, but I guess that gives you the power to make sarcastic and witty responses. XD

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Parker's Mind I could never really get into. Maybe his accent distracted me too much I don't know.

Even though Simon is a good friend of mine, I also had a bit of trouble staying with it. I watched the entire season, but there weren't too many moments that stuck with me, tell you the truth.

I think Simon is a good actor, maybe it's the game itself. While watching it, I would always note how... Unremarkable the game itself looked.

Red Faction is actually a ton of fun. If you ever have a ps2 and a friend around it's a definite must have for split screen.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Regarding the accusations that the other mind series are just rip offs: this is stupid.

The Mind Series no longer belong to an individual, it has transcended into a genre. The same thing happened to Halo machinimas when Red vs Blue first came out: anyone else who attempted to make a Halo machinima afterwards were initially accused of being a rip off, even though the only thing that was similar was the game engine they used and that they were comedies too.

Personally, I don't consider any mind series to be a rip off unless the character being portrayed shares far too many similarities with the portrayal made by someone else.

In terms of the other mind series I've seen, I have to admit I only really saw Shepard's mind to any real extent. It was the only one that could truly grab me and make me forget that this is someone playing through a video game. Also, and I might be alone here, but I tend to only watch a mind series if I already played the game before or at least know it well.

COURIER'S MIND: RISE OF NEW VEGAS

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2181

http://www.youtube.com/user/101Phase?feature=mhee

SEASON 5 WILL AIR IN SUMMER 2013!