Battle of the Minds

Out of Our Minds is by CptCooL2 I believe, I love the intro but I can't get into watching the video itself, same with Mind the Gap.

Well anyway as for the mind series, other than Freeman's Mind (which is awesome by the way) I like Shephard's Mind, Chell's Mind and Barney's Mind.

Yeah, we decided to stop that series for multiple reasons.

Actually, a Mind Series with Afraid of Monsters: DC would be a really great way to balance light comedy and some serious undertones.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

CptCooL2's Freeman's Mind(-ish) 2 is actually really decent I think. The humor is similar to the original FM in my opinion, but he needs some work on behaving more realistically in game (needs to smoothen the camera movement)

Yeah, I know I've been way too spastic with the camera in a lot of my episodes, episode 2 and 3 were my worst visually, but I'm trying to put a stop to all that, I'm actually thinking of switching to a track pad for Freeman's-ish Mind. If you like my series, you should check out Kane's Mind, he has about 20 episodes already done

I have seen several of the minds and I like the couple of them, but the reason why the Freeman's Mind stands out like a shiny gold piece (was there really a doubt?), is that it is so believable. I don't see a person playing a computer game, talking to himself; I see a real character (a bit insane maybe, but real nevertheless) trying to deal with this really bad day in his own way. For me, Ross Scott and Gordon Freeman merged into this one Character, and I cannot think of one without thinking about another. I gets a but creepy sometimes. And the voiceacting (a really important issue for me) of Freeman's mind? Just perfect.

Shephard's Mind... I like a lot. Though some jokes are way too corny even for me, and the voiceacting is a bit of sometimes, I just find this character very enjoyable and the playthrough creative and original in many ways. Still, the overacting is sometimes a bit too much, but it is quite rare.

I kinda liked Barney's Mind, though the first few episodes were a pain to watch and some of the jokes made me bang my head against the wall. Voiceacting wasn't really standing out, but it was quite enjoyable.

Felix's Mind I loved when I first saw it... and now it's just mediocre for me. Well, when I look at it now, sometimes it is very creative, but a lot of comments and jokes just throw it into the dumpster. I mean... quotes from videogame and i Mind series? Nothing against the taste of others, and that justs kills it for me.

And Chell's Mind I just plain hate. I hate the character, I hate her voice and every joke that there is. God, she's so obnoxious.

But yeah, looks like I stick with the crowd. The Shephard's Mind is the second for me.

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.

I've seen Chell, Barney, and Shepard's Minds. I really like chell's and wished there were more than five episodes. Barney's was good, I liked his voice. On the other hand, I didn't like Shep's at all, his description portrays him as cowardly, but I din't see much coward, or not enough to be funny to me anyway.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

So guys, check this out, I've been wrong about Barney's Mind,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwQGVHpf-fc

The author now makes a remake of the series which were rough and made fun of.

That takes some sportsmanship.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

One thing that all of them have, they are not reflected on enough and it seems to me like the authors rushed the episodes, like their motto was to upload the episodes before someone else does....

I just now saw this. Hah, we try to procrastinate as much as we can when making an episode, and we don't really take more than a day when making our episodes, I'm not doing that anymore, I'm gonna try to spend at least a week or so on an episode, spending 13 hours in a hot car recording lines (I do all my voice acting in the car) is hell.

And I agree, I like his remake episodes a lot. Those first 3 episodes were just...bad. He said he's gonna do the 3rd remake pretty soon, his life is pretty hectic now.

I liked Barney's Mind and Im more than half way through Shepherd's Mind, and like it so far. Id say Barney's is my second favorite behind Freeman's, although Shepherd's Mind is still good.

I tried watching Chell's mind and it's... I don't know. There's this sort of disillusionment between Chell's thoughts and what's actually going on in the game. I mean, Gordon is constantly commenting on the things around him and at some points I completely forget I'm essentially watching someone play a video game. Shephard's Mind is like that too, but not quite to the same extent. Both of those guys play the character well enough, and for the most part realistically enough to make it interesting. But Chell's Mind just kind of feels like some girl chattering into a microphone pretty much after the first episode, with a few sporadic exceptions.

I only watched the first two episodes of Barney's Mind, and didn't really like it at all. Other people here seem to enjoy it though. So I ask, does it get like legitimately better? Better as in Barney becomes more of his own character and not just a less serious version of Freeman?

Shephard's mind is great, he really adds a lot of things and it just generally amused me throughout. Barney's Mind is an abomination of videos, every episode was a suffering just waiting for something good but being left sorely disappointed. Very bad, and not recommended.

So far I watched Shepard's, Barney's, Felix's and Chell's Mind.

I enjoyed all, they all have their very own charm and humour with good and

bad episodes here and there.

But none of them gets close to the brilliance of the original Freeman's Mind.

I don't know why that is, they all had good ideas and sometimes even gone

further then the game itself allowed, but still.. something was always missing...

Maybe because Freeman's Mind was the first of its kind, I don't know.

Felix's Mind I loved when I first saw it... and now it's just mediocre for me. Well, when I look at it now, sometimes it is very creative, but a lot of comments and jokes just throw it into the dumpster. I mean... quotes from videogame and i Mind series? Nothing against the taste of others, and that justs kills it for me.

It turned into a cheesy fan fiction fast and Corky takes it WAY too seriously.

Oh, and don't forget his love of shit-tacular memes.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

The only thing i am unhappy about Shephard's Mind is that is going to end soon, before OpFor 2 comes out, so the waiting game will rear its ugly head upon the fans of the series.

It turned into a cheesy fan fiction fast and Corky takes it WAY too seriously.

Oh, and don't forget his love of shit-tacular memes.

Oh wow. Did I hurt you personally or something?

Seems like there's a lot of hate, hate and more hate around here. What a wonderful mentality. Personally, I think constructive criticism is great, but the overly-aggressive slander seems like a bit much.

But who am I to try to convince you? In your words, I'm just a big tosser. You're completely free to continue insulting my work and me as a person, because it's not like I can stop you or anything. Besides, it's actually a little refreshing to get some negative feedback. I don't really hear much about what people think of my series outside of YouTube comments, and I don't know if you've noticed, but there isn't a whole lot of negative comments on my Episode 1 video. It's kind of good to hear some negativity, that way I can adjust my writing/acting/presentation accordingly.

Also, I do plan on taking my cheesy little fan-fiction MUCH more seriously (But I will definitely try to cut back on the references, though! )

The only thing i am unhappy about Shephard's Mind is that is going to end soon, before OpFor 2 comes out, so the waiting game will rear its ugly head upon the fans of the series.

The first chapter is coming out quite soon, actually.