FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 65

FM65.jpg

(Downloadable copy will be up later)

Freeman's Mind returns! This episode was almost a break compared to some of the others, since the screaming ratio was much lower than the past few episodes of Xen. Because of that, I anticipate people may not like it as much, there's usually a correlation between popularity of the episode v. how much screaming occurs. Also, some may be disappointed that this level does not play out quite the way it normally does. I don't know why this is, but I tried recording it 3 times and it was the same each time. Normally one of the tentacle monsters emerges and there is a flier overhead, but it simply did not trigger for me. So for those that notice their absence, it's nothing intentional on my part. Speaking of tentacle monsters, while practicing the level, I actually manage to blow up and kill one of the tentacles, which uprooted it out of the ground and caused it to flip upside down. I wish I had been recording a demo when it happened, as I absolutely would have put it into the video if I had. I have not been able to recreate the event however. More episodes are coming, though the only deadline I'm promising is still completion before the end of the year.

LINK TO COMMENTS

whoa! how fast are you moving?!

at least take christmas off- you have more than deserved a relaxing day off and im sure fans wont mind delay because of it

*starts watching episode*

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

NIGGAAAAAA

NIGGA DAT'S DOPE

I FEEL BAD FOR THE PUSSY ASS HOES WHO BET AGAINST YOU

He who fights drummers

so, finally we get Gordon to discuss how he stays alive there (well, more therally anyways) :D

tasting air sound was nice touch

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I wonder what would have happened if Freeman was able to tame the Vorts while on Xen.

Based on what happens in Half Life 2, this Freeman would probably wish he stayed on Xen and just have built his own society of aliens.

"No! You can't follow me, you don't have any money! That's the whole point!"

I wonder what would have happened if Freeman was able to tame the Vorts while on Xen.

Based on what happens in Half Life 2, this Freeman would probably wish he stayed on Xen and just have built his own society of aliens.

That would be an AWESOME spin-off for HL haha

Great episode, Ross. There's no need for screaming when you have such good writing!

The Month of Freeman is GREAT!

I actually had a dream last night about the end of the series. I'll tell you how it went.

Freeman's on the final train car with the G-Man, eventually goes out the door. "Wisely done, Mr. Freeman! Wisely done..."

Then it's blackness and silence. And Freeman starts talking. How long have I been here? Why can't I move or feel anything? This goes on for several minutes. Just blackness while he ponders his thoughts.

Then at the very end of the episode... "Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman... rise... and shine..."

Man I'll be disappointed as shit if this doesn't happen.

"The sound of coming to terms with your own stupidity" I have a new favorite Freeman quote.

Holy shit these are flying out the door! I already made a $20 bet via donation and now I am starting to think that I may actually NOT be getting $40 back... Ah well. It was still worth it.

Holy shit these are flying out the door! I already made a $20 bet via donation and now I am starting to think that I may actually NOT be getting $40 back... Ah well. It was still worth it.

I look at it this way, even if you lose you're still donating to a good cause.

"No! You can't follow me, you don't have any money! That's the whole point!"

This should be like Band of Brothers or something! Since in total so far every episode combined = 9-10 hours, there should be 9-10 episodes each an hour long. Then just sell a boxed version as more "donations."

Great episode once more.

Freeman does notice the benigness of some aliens, so there is hope for the next area. :)

However, one thing jumps out, at the start - why does he assume that the mirror image is two separate stars?

I mean, it should be painfully obvious that one is the reflection (unless you want to make a Tatooine joke).

So does this mean he might actually not kill the friendly Vorts later on?

I'd like to see him try to communicate.

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.