"Special stuff planned"

Sign in to follow this  

IT'S SPECULATION TIME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

TAKING ALL BETS ON WHAT THIS SPECIAL STUFF IS

He who fights drummers

Special Stuff what is this special stuff you speak of?

Ross said in the blog post for episode 66 that he has special stuff planned for the final episode.

He who fights drummers

You shall see...
By the way, which Christmas do you have in there - December 25th or January 7th?

It's important bit of info to know for proper speculations...

Santa shows up, and kills the Nihilanth... It was a bad alien floating fetus this year.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

You shall see...
By the way, which Christmas do you have in there - December 25th or January 7th?

It's December 25th and 26th but the most important day for celebration is Christmas Eve, 24th. That's the evening when we have Christmas supper and open presents. One day before you! Haha! MuHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! :lol::P

Santa arrives sooner to Poland! :D

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

You shall see...
One day before you! Haha! MuHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! :lol::P

Hm, i thought Poland was at GMT+1, and thus 2 hours west of me? :)

Then again, here all the "Christmas" mythos is "New Year" mythos, so we will be 6 days late regardless. :roll:

Ahem, back to speculations...

Hm.

I don't think Ross will be mean enough to have Gordon kill Nihilanth just to wake up somewhere at home after a bad drug trip.

I guess it's possible that Gordon will just shoot G-man's head off and wander on into an interdimensional traffic accident, ending up jumping between various games (aka "Freeman across the universe").

However, the most plausible theory is that it would just be a 30 minutes long final episode.

+1! :D

Ok, so since Ross cut out Nihilanth's telepatic messages, it's possible, that Nihilanth won't appear at all. Where would the final teleporter lead then? Would it mean no Freeman's Mind in HL2? :(

You shall see...

It's December 25th and 26th but the most important day for celebration is Christmas Eve, 24th. That's the evening when we have Christmas supper and open presents. One day before you! Haha! MuHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! :lol::P

My family follows the German version, so we open presents on Christmas Eve too.

Although I guess you still have the whole time zone thing over us...

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Ok, so since Ross cut out Nihilanth's telepatic messages, it's possible, that Nihilanth won't appear at all. Where would the final teleporter lead then? Would it mean no Freeman's Mind in HL2? :(

Nihilanth's voice was very clearly in episode 64 "Done...what have you done..." and I think very faintly in episode 63, but those could've been some other demonic whispers.

With regards to Nihilanth's voice in the subtitles, I made an executive decision to not reference it in any of the current episodes. The reason I chose this is because, if Ross doesn't reference it at any time through the episode, I do not add it to the subtitles. It is why the "monkey" sounds in Episode 66 where referenced but not Nihilanth's voice. It's why the "fucking chittering noises" were referenced in Episode 33. It's why I referenced the "yowling noises" in Episode 25. Unless it's something that Freeman actively responds to in the episode, I generally don't subtitle it.

A portal to an alternate universe opens right before the entrance to the Nihilanth fight. Freeman talks with his Freeman's(ish) Mind counterpart.

He who fights drummers

A portal to an alternate universe opens right before the entrance to the Nihilanth fight. Freeman talks with his Freeman's(ish) Mind counterpart.

Ugh, I really hate this trope from the lesser Mind series. I'll admit I enjoyed Shephard's Mind anyway, though.

Ugh, I really hate this trope from the lesser Mind series. I'll admit I enjoyed Shephard's Mind anyway, though.

Speaking of Shephard's Mind, Shephard teleporting the teleporter in episode 13 affects Freeman as well, teleporting him to random places.

He who fights drummers

Double length episode seems to be most probable, but another .5 episode wouldn't be too out of place. Maybe we'll see a hint at Freeman's Mind in HL2 as well.

Double length episode seems to be most probable, but another .5 episode wouldn't be too out of place. Maybe we'll see a hint at Freeman's Mind in HL2 as well.

There already have been hints.

"All I have to do is find the leader, blow his head off, and then they'll start bowing to me."

He who fights drummers