will there be a download or torrent of all episodes?

Sign in to follow this  

Yeah, I guess. Well... maybe there might be a fair use claim on it being a parody of Half-Life, but... not worth it. It's more profitable to make a Patreon anyway.

Even if he did claim fair use, it's illegal for him to make money off Freeman's Mind since Half-Life legally is Valve's copyright. Fair use is only applicable as long as you're not selling your product afaik.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Yeah, I guess. Well... maybe there might be a fair use claim on it being a parody of Half-Life, but... not worth it. It's more profitable to make a Patreon anyway.

Even if he did claim fair use, it's illegal for him to make money off Freeman's Mind since Half-Life legally is Valve's copyright. Fair use is only applicable as long as you're not selling your product afaik.

Yup. If it was entirely original map design and scripting, then he could sell it as a standard machinima. (kinda on the lines of Civil Protection, if they used different character models/textures)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yup. If it was entirely original map design and scripting, then he could sell it as a standard machinima. (kinda on the lines of Civil Protection, if they used different character models/textures)

But could he? Freeman's mind and Civil Protection are made using the Half-life 2 engine, Source. Even if he doesn't use the assets, Half-life 2 and the Source engine itself isn't free or open-source.

Actually, despite it being in the Source engine, he would be able to sell it, he would just have to pay a royalty. (I think it's something like 2% of profits)

You can use YTD Video Downloader to download entire Youtube playlists at once. Just paste

into the program and it'll ask you if you want to download all other videos. Say yes, and now you have all FM episodes at the highest available Youtube quality.

Please note that downloading all the episodes and watching them offline instead of watching them on Youtube does cut into Ross Scott's source of income.

I've downloaded every video solely for the purposes of making subtitles for them. When I want to watch the videos, I go to his Youtube channel and watch them there. I don't watch my offline copies.

It looks like all the trackers are dead on the Torrent.

You can always use mine, but it only goes up to episode 54. (I will be making an up-to-date on with all the episodes, as soon as Ross uploads them)

I'm downloading and plan to seed the "All The Freeman" torrent. If you're trying to download that and don't have any seeders, try hitting me up on skype @Xddash1, and I'll make sure my Deluge (torrent program that I use) is running.

I had the set of everything up to 54 on my iPod, figured it would be nice to have the rest.

I'm also planning on creating a separate list of files that include the full audio ripped from the videos (voice and sounds, the full audible Freeman's Mind experience). It's a great thing to have for if you can listen but not watch. Like having a podcast of awesomeness.

I've never created a .torrent for others to download so I'd have to figure that out. First, of course, I'll need to do the audio extractions first (there are youtube conversions that usually work) since I lost the set of pure Freeman's Mind Audio files I used to have.

I'll add the downloadable videos once I've recuperated some.

Regarding the torrents: I don't have a problem with people doing it, though I'd like to keep it more on an "enthusiast" level rather than advertise it everywhere. If people only find out about it from doing a torrent search or coming to the forums, that's fine. People watching the videos on Youtube still helps me out tremendously and while I want people to enjoy the videos, I want to strike a balance between giving people the best viewing experience v. not shooting myself in the foot.

Do you think there is any possibility you would ever edit it all into one movie with all credits at the end? I would gladly buy a dvd/blu-ray of that in all honesty. :D

Do you think there is any possibility you would ever edit it all into one movie with all credits at the end? I would gladly buy a dvd/blu-ray of that in all honesty. :D

Won't fit on a single DVD... Might fit on a high-capacity Blu-ray.

I think Freemans Mind would be good to put onto a Box Set of DVDs, at least 5-6 discs but have it so all the main episodes (except for the .5 ones) are put onto the discs and then put the .5s onto a seperate disc im just spitballing the idea, Im not saying he sells them, but if he did he should sell them for 25 dollars including shipping or something, idk its just an idea

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

It would be a great idea, but unfortunately Valve's policy doesn't agree:

"Use of our content in videos must be non-commercial. By that we mean you can't charge users to view or access your videos. You also can't sell or license your videos to others for a payment of any kind."

Welp, now what?

That is true I guess but if that was possible another disc could be for misc stuff like Ross's 2015 vid, Help Make Freeman HD, etc etc. that would be good for a bonus disc but hey if some of the games hes reviewed from the Dungeon could be made into a dvd box set id buy it from ross since i love hearing his voice

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

You can get Red Vs Blue on DVD. I assume Rooster Teeth got permission from Microsoft and Bungie. I also assume Valve are much more restrictive.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Valve needs to get with the times here.....Valve Time kicks my ass now since wheres the 3rd Life that has been split into Half or the 3rd Portal or 3rd Left 4 Dead?

I always watch these on youtube, but I figured I'd download the torrent for backup just in case. In case youtube goes down or this website goes down or something? I don't know. I just liked the series enough to keep a backup of it.

Is there a decent torrent of all of these? I don't have internet all of the time but I do have an iPod with a lot of storage, I wanted to download them all and rewatch them over the course of a while