ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: POLARIS SNOCROSS

So I've done some digging into the PC release of Polaris Snocross and why they have music from Point Defiance. The PS1 and N64 releases

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEDE3fcm4gc and the console release was definitely in 2000. However the PC port was not released until over a year later. (11/15/01) It's a very common practice to release on console first then make a PC port. We all probably know a few examples of that. But there is some information (02/18/2000) that is contradicting. (12/19/01) According to Infogrames, the PC port's publisher and distributor, and web.archive.org, the earliest known page for Polaris Snocross is the 29th of December, 2001. Another bit of info to back this claim up is that on the back of the CD case, it says "compatible, Windows 95/98/ME/XP" and Windows XP was not released until August 2001. So almost all signs point to the PC port of Polaris Snocross to being released in Q4 2001.

So that explains at least that the PC port was made/released at the end of the same year the band formed. But it still doesn't explain that the game had music that wasn't released until at least 4 months later. (3/5/2002) This would be something to ask the band itself as I cannot find any cross between Polaris Snocross and Point Defiance, no promotion or acknowledgement.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the post above in the added notes. By the time I noticed mobygames didn't have all the information I was practically done and didn't want to cut out that part anyway. I will say Mobygames shows the Windows USA copy coming out in 2000 however:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/polaris-snocross/release-info

It also shows the infogrames copy as not existing, so go figure. Also, the Wanadoo copies came out before December. I swear, there's like 10 different versions of this game. Also, "Precious Burden", the menu theme song, came out 5-6 years after the game, no joke.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the post above in the added notes. By the time I noticed mobygames didn't have all the information I was practically done and didn't want to cut out that part anyway. I will say Mobygames shows the Windows USA copy coming out in 2000 however:

It also shows the infogrames copy as not existing, so go figure. Also, the Wanadoo copies came out before December. I swear, there's like 10 different versions of this game. Also, "Precious Burden", the menu theme song, came out 5-6 years after the game, no joke.

http://www.d-inter.ru/games/polaris-snocross/

You'd think they would be able to keep track of these projects release dates.

And you should really try and get in touch with one of the band members. They could probably explain it. Or they couldn't and just reinforce the time travel conspiracy.

http://www.d-inter.ru/games/polaris-snocross/

You'd think they would be able to keep track of these projects release dates.

And you should really try and get in touch with one of the band members. They could probably explain it. Or they couldn't and just reinforce the time travel conspiracy.

Find the fifth one, Ross, he knows all of the answers.

Find the fifth one, Ross, he knows all of the answers.

I think he knew all of the answers. KNEW.

Enter the matrix, Ross, find the missing link. He never existed and yet he's alive at this very moment.

Ross this episode was very good, it made my xmas a whole lot better......I actually played some Grand Theft Auto V and played a DeathMatch around Weazel Plaza in the game and it made me think of Gordons #1 film he saw 50 times and ironically that was on too.......and well I did actually want to quote Gordon and John McClane while I was at it but didnt :P

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Also, "Precious Burden", the menu theme song, came out 5-6 years after the game, no joke.

How did you even recognize the game's soundtrack as Point Defiance?

He probably listened closely to what little lyrics are left and then searched up the words. It's 2014, so the song already came out AND we have technology to help us with that.

The episode wasn't long enough!!! I want more!!!

Especially sticky keys rants.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Also, "Precious Burden", the menu theme song, came out 5-6 years after the game, no joke.

How did you even recognize the game's soundtrack as Point Defiance?

He probably listened closely to what little lyrics are left and then searched up the words. It's 2014, so the song already came out AND we have technology to help us with that.

It's in the credits of the game.

I'm guessing the case of the music is that they were put together to create the games score and formed as an official band later after release using songs they made for the game. Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

This game actually reminded me of a snow mobile version of another PS1 game I played as a kid called Moto Racer 2. You should look into that game Ross. May just be childhood nostalgia blinding me but I remember that game being really fun.

Retired Forum Moderator

Amazing episode! One of my favourites. Then again, all GD episodes are my favourites. It's just your energetic presentation style, the excellent editing, the random digressions,...

Also, am I the only one who found the secret message yet?

It's just a step to the left...

Releasing a Christmas Game Dungeon episode AND an alternate ending for Freeman's Mind AND bonus FM episodes based on the HL demo, all in the same month that you're finishing the whole series? Man, hats off to you.

Anyway, pretty entertaining episode. I'm not sure if this is in line with anyone else's opinion, but I like when the Game Dungeon episodes are actually extra-long. The whole series just has the feel of someone talking about a game off the cuff completely unscripted (which I imagine is only halfway true), with the occasional humorous comment or interesting bit of trivia thrown in. That's part of what makes it so entertaining.

Snowmobile racers are apparently hardcore. In most other sports, ramming someone off of a mountain while slamming through a house and going mach 1 would get you penalized. Not here. Kind of a shame that the game's AI so blatantly cheated. It seems like one of those issues that completely cripples an otherwise enjoyable game.

You should try out "Road Rash", Ross. That game was super awesome!

You should try out "Road Rash", Ross. That game was super awesome!

I think everyone knows about Road Rash, partially because Road Redemption is a thing.