FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 67

Wow, the "I wanted a cheeseburger!" line was from the Barney's Mind guy?

I just thought it was some weird un-used in-game sound clip.

Man, he sounded just like the real Barney!

(The security guard, not the dinosaur)

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I do kinda hope that one day (not right after freeman's mind, gotta have some recharge time) Ross does move Freeman to HL2, or maybe some other FPS that could match freeman's style

Excellent episode! Waiting for the final ep so I can force my family to watch all of it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Happy birthday. And of course, congratulations to getting to the last episode. I was always worried that this day would never come. You did great work, and it was a pleasure watching each episode these 7 years.

Great work and hope that you start a new series like BioShock, Fallout 3, or HL2 for the next show of yours. With your voice, writing, and editing and work, I would hate for you to give up this medium, It would be a loss to the internet.

Congratulations

BTW, the Youtube thumbnail isn't the logo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delacroix

Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.

Thanks to everyone for all the positive comments

Did you use 60 fps to simulate dizziness, or am I imagining things?
No, it's 30fps, but I used a temporal soften filter for that part.

Personally, I'm excited about that dark-comedy fantasy movie idea you were talking about forever ago - hopefully that sees the light of day when your engine woes clear up.
Yeah, the short version of the announcement video later is that I really want to focus on the movie with easier-to-produce videos that will keep coming out in the meantime. I plan on covering a lot of questions though.

stoked/devastated to see the end of the series coming soon...

Though I can't wait to see it, and your other projects have been just as good, got hooked on game dungeon before I even watched it. lol

This may sound counter-intuitive, but I hope to have even MORE videos out for 2015, the workflow for FM can slow things down a lot.

Game Dungeon continues to be entertaining, and wonderfully UNIQUE in terms of YouTube content -- I love the quality of your work, and your ability to subvert popular YouTube tropes.
I think it mostly has to do with me not being aware of what the tropes are to begin with. While I find the internet incredibly useful, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of mainstream internet culture. I like that "I am disapoint" guy though

Ross, i had to register to warn you - you forgot to add thumbnail for this episode.
I didn't, Youtube apparently just didn't care. I tried to re-enable it again.

Whatever Ross' next project will be, I'm sure it'll be great, though.
I intend to have my next big project (game dungeon and other ideas being smaller ones) blow everything else I've done away by a large margin

What was the point of not having Freeman be affected by Healing pools or Healing showers?
It's impossible to play a normal FPS and even resemble a realistic experience because of magical healing, so I passed it off like the suit protects against everything since I was trying to have Freeman treat things as believably as the game allows.

What was the point of not having Freeman be affected by Healing pools or Healing showers?
It's impossible to play a normal FPS and even resemble a realistic experience because of magical healing, so I passed it off like the suit protects against everything since I was trying to have Freeman treat things as believably as the game allows.

Makes sense.

T
Game Dungeon continues to be entertaining, and wonderfully UNIQUE in terms of YouTube content -- I love the quality of your work, and your ability to subvert popular YouTube tropes.
I think it mostly has to do with me not being aware of what the tropes are to begin with. While I find the internet incredibly useful, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of mainstream internet culture. I like that "I am disapoint" guy though

Question; is there a page for typical tropes on YouTube? I can probably guess a few, and I've read TVtropes one time too many, but I still want to have a list.

I've been watching this series since the day after Episode two was posted, which I just realized would have been 12-28-07, which means I've been watching Freeman's Mind for exactly 7 years today. During that time I've gone from being 22 to 29, worked for 6 different companies and had a kid.

This has definitely been an entertainment staple of my 20s. Thanks Ross!

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

You know what, Ross, you may as well just answer this question now so no one pesters you about it when the final episode comes out:

Are you going onto Half-Life 2 or not? You've said that you might continue this show if the popularity is still there, but that answer doesn't really apply anymore because the popularity clearly IS still there.

He who fights drummers

I actually think it goes a bit beyond just vague internet culture though. A lot of internet reviewing seems to take cues from the popular conceptions of Roger Ebert (I Hated Hated Hated This Movie, Your Movie Sucks) and snark bait born of MST3K style. So a lot of the criticism and punditry on the internet usually either involves elements of that. As a result, there has been a lot of homogenization in style.

Whereas not only does Game Dungeon feel detached from that, each and every individual episode just sort of goes its own way as a reaction to the game. It's probably why people like the longer episodes and how all over the place/rambling the commentary can be. Since that's so detached from the conception of formalized critique and makes the episodes feel of their own piece.

shit shit shit shit shiiiiittttt!! thank you, Ross!!!!!

to add to all the people who had been sharing: Since I started watching I moved from being a student to being a working medic. I just want to ask you one more thing, Ross (even though I have no right): I would love to share again, in 7 years, how I've grow up. It's kinda magical.

I can't wait to be amazed by your future work.

Great video, as always

This series has been a part of my life for 7 years now, through highschool and now in college. Things have changed so much for me, but thank you Mr.Ross for everything ! And I really really hope you consider making Freeman's Mind 2 !

I actually think it goes a bit beyond just vague internet culture though. A lot of internet reviewing seems to take cues from the popular conceptions of Roger Ebert (I Hated Hated Hated This Movie, Your Movie Sucks) and snark bait born of MST3K style. So a lot of the criticism and punditry on the internet usually either involves elements of that. As a result, there has been a lot of homogenization in style.

Whereas not only does Game Dungeon feel detached from that, each and every individual episode just sort of goes its own way as a reaction to the game. It's probably why people like the longer episodes and how all over the place/rambling the commentary can be. Since that's so detached from the conception of formalized critique and makes the episodes feel of their own piece.

Just wanted to say that you got at the heart of it, and worded your post very well. I agree.

Hmmm.

Just looked through the sound files of the game.

I wonder if Freeman would have a dialogue with Nihilanth before the battle. He have a lot to say.

I think I started watching this around '09 to '12 I think I remember it as seeing a couple episodes of Freeman's mind but then got more interested in civil protection. Once there were no more episodes to watch, I took notice of freeman's mind and now i'm here. What a good run it's been. I would (and still) check in once a week on the accursed forums just to see if there was a new episode out. If ross doesn't make a freeman's mind season 2, then it's been a good run and maybe we'll see other source related material. It's amazing to me how far Freeman's Mind has come. I was once on the Black Mesa website and found that some guys were doing some kind of role playing around the Black Mesa complex and when they came to Gordon Freeman he was depicted as having a voice box with ross' voice. Kind of makes me hope for a Black Mesa remake. It would be nice but we all know the answer to that by now.

"The only real answer is to get drunk and set fire to things"