FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 67

Damn! That moment with the Nihilanth deserves a standing ovation. Ian really improved his voice acting since Barney's Mind, even though it's just one line. I still can't believe that this next episode will be the finale. It's been 5 years since i first saw Freeman's Mind after randomly searching for other machinimas in Youtube . I was 1st year High School then, now i'm on my 2nd year in college, and so much has happened during those 5 years. Thank you so much, Ross, for making one of the best machinimas, next to Civil Protection. Oh, and by the way, Happy Birthday Ross!!!

Welp, now what?

I'm going to do one of those posts you've been seeing a lot of, Ross, but I'll make it quick.

Long-time lurker, finally decided to make an account. I'm 22 now, but I've been watching Freeman's Mind for years.

A good friend of mine and I race to link each other to the new episode anytime it comes out -- sometimes one of us will quote an episode the other hasn't seen yet. Lately we've waxed poetic on what it must feel like for you to be finishing Freeman's Mind. We've gone on and on about whether or not you'll cut the cord once you complete Half-Life.

I've shared the series with some of my other friends, who have fallen in love with it themselves. One is caught up (we watch each new episode together), another is halfway through, reminding me of all the hilarious insights you've given us along the way. The beards worked pretty good for the Civil War generals, of course. : )

You've blessed me with hours of entertainment. I remember every six months, I'd see an episode, and my heart would jump. "Ross isn't dead!"

Game Dungeon continues to be entertaining, and wonderfully UNIQUE in terms of YouTube content -- I love the quality of your work, and your ability to subvert popular YouTube tropes.

You're a treasure, man. Mad respect. Thank you for years of quality content. I won't disown you if you don't make Freeman's Mind for HL2.

Probably. ;)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Oh, one more thing.

I just listened to this episode with headphones.

Good god...

There are ambiances, there are many extra sounds, like the grenade's pin clicking against it's body or the HEV suit making metallic sounds while he crouches and stands up, there is a whole new dimension of sound there!

If all you have is a 15 years old set of PC speaker, absolutely listen to all the episodes with proper gear while you wait for the finale - there is a lot hidden in there.

Oh, one more thing.

I just listened to this episode with headphones.

Good god...

There are ambiances, there are many extra sounds, like the grenade's pin clicking against it's body or the HEV suit making metallic sounds while he crouches and stands up, there is a whole new dimension of sound there!

If all you have is a 15 years old set of PC speaker, absolutely listen to all the episodes with proper gear while you wait for the finale - there is a lot hidden in there.

That, reminds me, i better catch up on my Freeman's Mind marathon. Who else is doing a marathon here?

Welp, now what?

I loved every second! Not just of this episode, but of the entire series!

I have been watching since episode... I don't know, 10 or 11. I grew up with the series, I learned English through it!

By the end of the episode I was cheering. Now I'm just hyped about the mysterious "bonus stuff"...

Ross, you're on fire!

Also I'm pretty sure the email didn't come through on this one. I just noticed it by accident.

You know, if you do go onto Half-Life 2, you can take as long a break as you want. A few months to a year. You could make Game Dungeon episodes in between. I wouldn't blame you, considering how long you've been working on this show.

He who fights drummers

HLPrincess!

Please, before it's too late - take a camera and record Ross voicing Freeman's mind!

This is the last chance to get the historical material for "how FM was made" documentary.

Just had to register, but also a long-time lurker here who's been around since the first episode. That the idea to give a mute character a voice and brilliant (if borderline psychotic and misanthropic at times) cynical character has garnered such a loyal fanbase and following speaks volumes about its creator and his abilities.

For me, Ross isn't just the voice of The Freeman but I've come to expect the character to be as Ross plays him as well: a brilliant, highly intelligent scientist with lots of cheerful facts (not only about the square of the hypothenuse ;) ) and a healthy dose of scepticism. If Valve ever decides to give Gordon a voice, they'll have big shoes to fill indeed.

I fervently hope for a continuation of FM in HL2, although I wouldn't mind a few quick jaunts through the "Across The Universe" idea either - the thought of those shenanigans alone is enough to make me giggle and the ending of HL offers a great jump point for it.

Whatever Ross' next project will be, I'm sure it'll be great, though.

While reading all of these comments of how long people have been watching this series, it came to my mind, that i first watched FM when i was 12, it was subtitled, and i've only watched till episode 10, was the last one with subs. Then i found it again, two years later and already knowing english, oh man it was awesome. I also remember that i only played Half-Life because of the show. I got into the game expecting Ross' voice, i thought it was part of the game hahaha. Now i'm 18 and in college, and it's almost over, this amazing work. Thank you Ross, seriously. If you continue with Half-Life 2, then GREAT, i'll love you forever(no homo). If not, well there's still Game Dungeon which is also a GREAT show.

Keep up the GREAT work, man! And i can't wait for the "bonus" you're planning.

Did i just hear BARNEY(Ian Riley)wanting a cheeseburger? Holy shit,i did. :D

Freeman screaming at the Nihilanth is something that i've been wanting to happen for a LONG time. :mrgreen:

This is it,ladies and gentlemen.THIS IS IT.Seven.Fucking.Years. :clap::clap::clap:

Now i wonder what i'm gonna do if there's no more Freeman's Mind.... :cry:

Also Happy Birthday Ross.You're a machinima legend. 8-)

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

it's actually happening?? wow.

7 whole years. damn.

I wonder how freeman will handle the G-man's choice at the end. Hilariously, no doubt.

HLPrincess!

Please, before it's too late - take a camera and record Ross voicing Freeman's mind!

This is the last chance to get the historical material for "how FM was made" documentary.

That - and it would be the last chance for Ross to keep outtakes, if he didn't keep them already.

Honestly, a Freeman's Mind Outtakes would probably funny to watch.

I hope the series ends with Gabe Newell being there instead of The G-Man and he announces HL3.

Probably.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Nonetheless, I've been a fan of this series since the early days and man, I will miss it.

Everything from the scientist diving through the office window, the green tentacle monsters, backrubs to the lack of helmets, facehuggers and babes in the biology department.

A 7 year long Half-Life playthrough, and the best of them all.

I have one question:

What was the point of not having Freeman be affected by Healing pools or Healing showers?

I'd assume because, aside from minor scratches and a hole in his ear, Freeman was completely uninjured through the entire journey. There wasn't really anything for them to heal.

I mean, he never even used a First-Aid kid except for when he got high off morphine.

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.