What's your OS?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What's your OS?

• Windows
    • MacOS
    • Linux (ie. Ubuntu)
    • Other (please specify)

Sign in to follow this  

Windows 7 is okay, it's not exactly what we're all been looking for but at least it has DirectX 11. XP on the other hand is dated software to say the least, anyone who doesn't update to at least seven is a fucking moron.

I'm pretty skeptical about Windows 8 personally. I think I'm gonna stick with 7 until I'm forced to update.

tumblr_lxb239buw71qe3irh.jpg

If it ain't broke...

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

From my experience with the demo Microsoft released, Windows 8 is okay if you don't need to work with multiple windows at once. If you need to have three or more windows open, then you're kind of screwed for full screen use. You can open them in the desktop if you need to, but why should we have to jump through another hoop just to get to where we were in W7? That's not even taking into account the awkward placement of contextual menus, too, which adds a lot of mileage onto your mouse.

I've heard rumors that W8 is more stable and speedier on the desktop side of things than W7, but I haven't really done much research into the subject. I wonder if they'll provide a version of W8 in the future eliminating the Metro UI.

I'm pretty skeptical about Windows 8 personally. I think I'm gonna stick with 7 until I'm forced to update.

Wise move Alyxx. Windows 8 blows!

If you've got about 20 minutes to kill, watch this. I almost completely agree with this assessment of windows 8.

WTYet-qf1jo

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

You know an operating system is bad when Alyxx agrees with a video criticizing it.

Makes you wonder why they didn't let windows 7 hang around longer, I think win7 is decent. I know it's the touch screen thing but they could have done like apple. MacOS for the computers and iOS for the touch stuff. The metro thing just doesn't work the way they'd hoped. And yes, Alyxx, you've phrased it quite well there. As a PC technician windows 8 really does suck very badly. It's so different it makes it such a headache to work on. I think the metro things should have been an add-on, like Media Center. And for goodness sake Microsoft, why did you have to destroy the start button!! Complete idiocy!!

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

They could have just done a Windows 7 Service Pack 2 and not take away a bunch of functions and add a few interface changes and make a setting in the control panel to expand touch gestures for mobiler devices.

Oh, and as of now I have Winderp 7² Ultimogeniture. It supports two handed 3d holographic gestures and comes with a high energy palpable holographic cup holder.

My only complaint is that I can't get the damn thing to stop using Russian. I speak English, damnit!

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I had windows on my old pc before it died few days ago. So now I use OS lion on my laptop. It's neither better or worse. It's different.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

They could have just done a Windows 7 Service Pack 2 and not take away a bunch of functions and add a few interface changes and make a setting in the control panel to expand touch gestures for mobiler devices.

Oh, and as of now I have Winderp 7² Ultimogeniture. It supports two handed 3d holographic gestures and comes with a high energy palpable holographic cup holder.

My only complaint is that I can't get the damn thing to stop using Russian. I speak English, damnit!

Я хочу быть мясом в горячих карман.

If you've got about 20 minutes to kill, watch this. I almost completely agree with this assessment of windows 8.

WTYet-qf1jo

I like.

I tested Windows 8 as well... So did my nephew... My nephew couldn't keep Win8 from crashing every 5-8 minutes... I couldn't get Win8 to smoothly run more than one window at a time... Net result: We will never willingly use Win8.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.